PDA

View Full Version : Pumicestone Dredger sinks

KGW2
13-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Did anyone see the NABIS dredger that ended up at the bottom of the Pumicestone yesterday?
Poor old thing must have taken on water and down she went.
Looks like Golden Beach sand replacement is gonna be delayed for a while #:-[

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3700874&thesection=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Dirtysanchez
13-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Whoops, hope no one got hurt & it doesn't spoil marine life..

Might make a nice artificial fish attraction device though ::)

Bundy_Burp
13-09-2006, 12:27 PM
After reading the article I would say no one was on board so I assuming no one was hurt .
Lets hope that the minor diesel spill is all that there is to worry about and that they can refloat the dredge soon and get things back to normal .

Bundy 8-)

jim_farrell
13-09-2006, 01:00 PM
"Hey dave, did you put the bungs in?"
"No, I thought you did."
"I thought you did................................
;D ;D ;D ;D

Crisp_Bee
13-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I have heard they are a good place to catch whiting when operating.
Has anyone tried fishing next to it?

Homer_Jay
15-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah I live at Golden Beach and went past that night when they were trying to get it out. They had a huge tilt tray towtruck winching this thing up over the bank wiping out a few small trees in the process. I couldnt belive they were doing like that, just tearing the bank up as they winched it over. Why didnt they just get a crane to lift it over. But wait a minute, that might have cost an extra couple hundred bucks.....

Aaron

Homer_Jay
15-09-2006, 03:54 PM
A couple years ago a houseboat sunk in the same sort of weather. Not some small home made thing either, it was a decent sort of a boat.

Make sure the bungs are in.......... :o

bungie
15-09-2006, 04:05 PM
"A witness, Michael Sense, from Golden Beach Takeaway, said he woke yesterday to find the dredge missing.

¡§Last night it was sinking slowly. The waves were crashing over it and I woke up and it was under.¡¦¡¦ "

Think the ######## would have thought "hmmm wonder if I should call coast guard and tell em its going under?"

Herm
15-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey Homer Jay!

My Mum and Dad live at Golden Beach too! Oxley Street to be exact! Nice new deck over looking the water! ;)

My girls are very excited about having a beach again! :D

Cheers
:)Janine

Homer_Jay
15-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Herm, great spot there. I live just around near the bowls club in Nelson street.

Not a bad lifestyle living here. Getting busier every year though.

Went for a walk down there just before and yeah the beach looking good. Better then waht was there before!

Aaron

Hornblower
15-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Bungs!!! What Bungs!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)