PDA

View Full Version : DPI&F Strike Sunday

magicpudding
15-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey All

I just thought I might put up a post notifying people of the impending DPI&F strike planned for this Sunday. In combination with this strike, the volunteers who are responsible for cutting free whales etc. from the shark nets will also not be working until further notice.

The strike is in regards to a pay and conditions dispute the workers are currently having.

Let's hope all gets back to normal soon!

CJ

Nugget
15-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I have been told that Water Police, National Parks and Rangers will be out in force to make up for the possible lack of DPI officers.

Dave ><>

Hornblower
15-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Yet another example of the Govt not looking after it's people at the coal face. If you are some bloody bean counter in Qld Health who never works shift work or has see the inside of a casualty ward you probably pull about $120 000 per year and get a car for your dramas. Get everybody else to cover the revenue shortfall caused by the strike and the Govt wins again by not having to pay a couple of people wages for the weekend.

The people who do the hard yards get and dregs. >:( >:( >:( >:( They are not the most popular people but they deserve what they are after, without them our waterways would have no fish left thanks to those who are irresponsible. >:( >:( >:( >:(

IcemanII
18-09-2006, 09:10 PM
No DPI, never seen them anyway and for that fact never seen the water police either. Got my 1st boat about 4 years ago and the dealer said don't risk taking it for a drive without a licence and i didn't but never once saw any DPi or water police. Got a new boat beginning of this year and have clocked up 90 hours in the bay and still never seen a police or DPi boat, infact I recon I could fish with hand grenades and no one would question it !!!! .................now will probably get pulled over next time I go out for saying that !

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
18-09-2006, 09:31 PM
I thought it was strange that the media would draw our attention to the strike prior to instead of after. Anyone wanting to capitilise on the absence of officers would have had a field day!

Dave