PDA

View Full Version : Webby wears another Cap

Lucky_Phill
13-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Our very own Webby ( Brian to his mates ;) ) has been asked to sit on the Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries " Inshore finfish MAC ".

( Management Advisory Committee )

Queensland’s seven MACs play a vital role in providing expert advice, information and recommendations to DPI&F on the management, use, protection, and development of fisheries resources.

MACs are made up of individuals who offer expertise from a range of backgrounds, including all major fishing interest groups, local authorities and other natural resource management agencies.

Well done Brian and good to see the Government utilizing the expertise on offer. Good luck.

Cheers Phill

tunaman
13-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Who is webby?

signed tunaman

stevedemon
13-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi phil
congratulations webby on your new job now there be a shack up or to ;D 8-) ::) ;) 8-)
the man is full of knowledge it is a shame he breaks his trailer in 2 #:-[ :-[

tunaman read the bush and beach his articles are in there and well known around the fishing traps from Bribie to the Gold Coast

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

NeilD
13-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Congratulations Brian [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Good to see a reasonable voice giving advice. Hope the powers that be actually listen

Does that make you Mac Webby now?

Neil

Poodroo
13-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Well done Webby. I know you will make a difference. You might be getting too busy to join the ENS group on Fraser next year? More prizes for me then ;)

Poodroo

Black_Rat
13-09-2006, 09:26 PM
If anyone knows Moreton Bay and it's fishing, it would be Webby #;)

Always enjoy his articles in BnB

Good to hear, an experienced voice !!!!

Webby if you take the offer up there's 1000's of Ausfishers behind you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Great_White
13-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Congratulations Brian , might be harder to get a fish with you now mate that your big wig government official #;D ;D ;D

Good to see they picked a person who will be our voice, may be able to keep the bay open to recreational fishing #:) :) :)

Peter ;)

foggy
13-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Thats great news. But now we will have to call him Sir Webby or Honourable Webby.

Go get em Brian

Foggy

Wear_the_fox_hat
13-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Good onya Webby!!!
Here's your first challenge.
See if ya can't get someone to listen to the wrong doings that have now been put in place in the so called Great Sandy Straits Marine Park, as it has gone ahead without (even after public consultation) any consideration given to the real needs of the area. It continues to be decimated (80% by the pros & the rest by rec fishers), but the pros have no restrictions placed on them & rec fishers do. Maybe you'll have more luck with Moreton Bay than we did up here.

WTFH

charleville
13-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Goodonyer Brian!

Just tell'em that if a boofhead like Charleville can catch fish in the Bay, then the fishery is very healthy and needs no intervention, thanks very much. #;D

You will make a very fine representative of rec fishers. #Congratulations! #;)

Bundy_Burp
13-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Congratulations Webby I think everyone else has said all that needs to be said

Bundy 8-)

Adamy
14-09-2006, 12:39 AM
I feel sorry for the rest of the committee ;D They wont know what hit them - Webbys brand of honesty isnt very common these days - might hang around the offices where the meetings are held and see if anyone comes out with one of Webbys boots hanging out their backside (figuratively speaking) ;)

Good on ya Brian... take no prisoners!!! :P;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
14-09-2006, 06:58 AM
its important we have a voice with the experience and willingness to talk to other fishos like brian

its equally important that there is a set of EARS in those meetings who can let the mass know what ACTUALLY going down

chris

fish2eat
14-09-2006, 07:46 AM
That is fantastic news, they usually canvas the views of people they put on these committees to check if they are "compliant" but we know Webby will be a straight shooter.

At least the Rainbow Channel should be safe from closure now.. 8-)

Sandman
14-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Congrats Brian, catch up soon !

gunna
14-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Good news indeed. It actually gives one a feeling that the Powers That Be are possibly fair dinkum about taking an interest in what the average fisho thinks, needs, wants. Unusual feeling - never had that before.

T1
14-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Confirm all of the above - only trouble is from what i hear is that they will have to hold their meetings outdoors so The Honourable Sir Webby can puff away... (hope noone from the EPA is on the committee) ;D

Take Care T

NeilD
14-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I can see it now.

"Moreton Bay Closed to Soft Plastic Fishing Bait only" ;D

StevenM
14-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Confirm all of the above - only trouble is from what i hear is that they will have to hold their meetings outdoors so The Honourable Sir Webby can puff away... (hope noone from the EPA is on the committee) ;D

Take Care T

classic T

Well done 2 webby. Speak loud and be heard

cheers

Steven

snapattack
14-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I can see it now. #

"Moreton Bay Closed to Soft Plastic Fishing # # Bait only" ;D

Hey Neil,
Thats the funniest thing I have read for a while. Just about fell of my chair laughing.

I'm with Foggy on this one. Go get em Brian
Snap

2DKnBJ
14-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Congrats Webby

Can't add much more to what has already been said.

But i do remember reading in a recent post that you said that you don't normally get into polotics.Looks like you have been put in the thick of things now.

Go get 'em
Good Luck

Cheers Dazza

Jim_Byrne
14-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Good luck Webby!

Cheers

Jim

Seahorse
14-09-2006, 07:23 PM
good one brian. Guess i will have to wait a while now to show me all those fishing spots. talk u soon

greg

Burley_Boy
14-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Onya Webby do us proud, what can I add!

I know....

Who is Tunaman ;D ;D ;D

webby
14-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Hit the nail on the head Neil, soon the bay will be back to grass roots fishing, and all artificials will be banned ;D
All sizes to increase by 10cm ;D
All limits halfed :-?
No fishing around Mud, except for those that have a pass :-? (bottle of bundy)
Wello Pt will be closed ;D
No fishing in the river, except for Luggage Pt. :o
and it's all for love no money :'(
regards
Ps Tunaman look out your window their a Cat licking its lips ;D

Great_White
14-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Brian the other way to limit fish caught in the bay is to put me on as many boats as possible #;D ;D ;D

You have seen first hand, guaranteed #not to catch any fish #;D ;D ;D Would need to negotiate pay rates but I will cut you in for some fresh snap snap !!!!!!!!

Peter #;)

moondancer
14-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Well done Brian! All been said in the posts - you will be an absolute banger as our ambassadeur!! Lawry

searaider
15-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Onya Webby ,
Keep the Bas#%@ds honest .

Horse -
Absolute clasic . ;D ;D

Peter
Searaider 2

Hornblower
15-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Congrats Webby,

Don't let them try to censure you.

Cheers ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

fisher28
16-09-2006, 12:45 PM
congratultions webby,i have every faith that you will be unbiased and that you are very experianced and will be very valuable in the outcome,goodjob!!!

bugman
18-09-2006, 06:39 PM
The bloody things I do for you. ;)

Have they found a new chair yet. My exit was the fourth in under 3 months. You'll be starting the management plan from scratch again. Three years and we still failed to get one out. Bloody Beattie and his year of consolidation >:(

Say hello to everyone for me.

Couldn't have wished for a better reeplacment. Go easy on the WWF guy - he's actually alright ;)

Brett

Wear_the_fox_hat
20-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Bugman,
It doesn't matter what you do. People with incentive are given enough room to get in & give it a good shot , then are knobbled by government. Then these good meaning folk unfortunately go away 'cause they've had enough & are disheartened. In comes a new crop & it all starts again from scratch. Normally a 2 to 3 year cycle each time, but the bureaucrats always win.

WTFH