PDA

View Full Version : Ausfishers & The Flathead Classic

JT
05-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi All,

Have noticed in some posts that quite a few of us are fishing the Flathead Classic, just thought it would be a good idea if we could all put down our members names and team names and at the end of the comp I'll post up everytbodies scores and Team Positions (I am on the committee). Call it an informal AUSFISH comp - for pride & bragging rights only ;).

I am fishing it with Armoz and Marty_Z, our team name is TEAM JAM.

Cheers

John

SCOTTYGC
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Im in

Fishing with two non ausfishers

Team is SSS i think ( scotty,starky & simo)

cheers
scotty

Creek_Vermin
05-09-2006, 04:42 PM
We'll be there again mate hopefully to do better than last years poor effort. We'll be Team Bush'n'Beach this year with straddy77 and an ex ausfisher dougy. Looking forward to plenty of fish this year. Things are looking good. Hopefully all the big girls aren't disturbed before the classic. Seems to be a lot of pre fishers this year and a heap of good fish being caught. See yas down there for plenty of brown fish and cold treats. Cheers

squidgiepalmer
05-09-2006, 05:16 PM
hi JT i think we are called croc hunters 3 in boat Brett, Les and Squidgie we hope to fin in top 20 at the least' we have another team not sure of name but Macca, Brad and Ashley all from Northern NSW HOPE THE WIND STAYS AWAY
cheers Squidgie

Creek_Vermin
05-09-2006, 05:20 PM
You love the wind gary. Makes things interesting. You're old mate Doug Whaleys in our team again this year so you'll have to catch up for a beer. Giving the prawnstars a bit of a break this year. They'll be reserves for when things get tough. Cheers mate

bdowdy
05-09-2006, 05:31 PM
:)myself and mitch think were called 2 dogs. cheers bdowdy ;)

thehoodedwarriors
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
;) ;) This will be the The Hooded Warriors first official fishing comp as a team

Brett, Jason & Peter - No Rex Hunt or Steve Starling but the boys have their wits about them.

sounds like a great idea.... hope to see everyone there..

You can't miss these guys, their catch phrase is printed on the back of their shirts

"FISHING: You can just git it!" - If you are a Rodney Rude fan you will understand

good luck all

regards nichole and the boy of The Hooded Warriors ;D 8-)

squidgiepalmer
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Just found out the name of our other team for Northern NSW Ballina they are called YER YER aparently the name has something to do with their hair Ashley has a affro, Macca has a crew cut, and the sarge has no hair or very little so the name YER YER came about.
cheers squidgie

Big_Ren
06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi All,

Have noticed in some posts that quite a few of us are fishing the Flathead Classic, just thought it would be a good idea if we could all put down our members names and team names and at the end of the comp I'll post up everytbodies scores and Team Positions (I am on the committee). Call it an informal AUSFISH comp - for pride & bragging rights only #;).

I am fishing it with Armoz and Marty_Z, our team name is TEAM JAM.

Cheers

Spoke to Scott (Armoz) last night at a club meeting and he is rearing to go already.......was even wearing his Classic shirt from last year......and he has been practising I believe ;)

Cheers
Paul

John

Big_Ren
06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Cheers

Spoke to Scott (Armoz) last night at a club meeting and he is rearing to go already.......was even wearing his Classic shirt from last year......and he has been practising I believe

Cheers
Paul

Dodgy_Back
07-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi john

I won't be entering the classic as We'll be at Couran cove for the kids school hols.

But I must tell you something. I don't like Flathead, yes I know this may upset you and others but it's true.

You see I am a Victorian ,and with the amount of Flatties in Port Philip Bay , the fishing club that I belonged to as a 19 year old, wouldn't let you weigh in Flatties saying that "they're a bit of a rubbish fish and too easy to catch "

Don't blast me , I didn't say it.

So now, later in life I have this built in distaste for the humble Flattie.

But now as a QUEENSLANDER I am trying hard to change my ways.

I can catch a Jack to rival any thing from Port Philip except a big Snapper of course.

And I say HEY at the end of a sentnce, but when I do catch a big Queensland Flattie. I get a little confused as what emotion I should have be it Victorian or QLD :-/

Have fun at the comp and if you tear past Couran Cove, slow down a little, I don't want to upset the tranquility.

Oh and by the way I can't answer this post until after the weekend.

I'll be in Adelaide getting amongst the BIG southern black Bream

Cheers

Mick ;D ;D ;D

Phil_Alder
08-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi JT yes I'll be in. I'm fishing with Kevie and his daughter from Dougies and funny thing but we are called "Team Bozos". Hope we don't make real Bozos of ourselves. Also to Mick above ("Dodgy_Back") I'll take you fishing after the classic and see if we can help you change . As you know all fishing is great including the humble Flatties and we would certainly love to get another active competitor for next year. You'll enjoy Couran Cove-great place for the kids (and dads can wet a line in surf or broadwater. Anyway send me an email phil@bozos.com.au My link on this site doesn't seem to be working. I think I stuffed it up and not sure how to fix it - I'm just a fisherman, not a computer Geek!!!
Thanks guys

Jack_Hunter
15-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi Everyone.

I will be fishing the Classic for the first time this year. Have two non Ausfisher's with me. Should be interesting as none of us have fished the classic, or the pin before. Presents a good challenge. Anyway the team name will be Northside Marine Fishing Team, as myself and one other team member both work there.

Cheers guys and good luck.

seatime
15-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Everyone.

I will be fishing the Classic for the first time this year. Have two non Ausfisher's with me. Should be interesting as none of us have fished the classic, or the pin before. Presents a good challenge. Anyway the team name will be Northside Marine Fishing Team, as myself and one other team member both work there.

Cheers guys and good luck.

Good luck Jack, I'm posting as I know a guy who's real name is Jack Hunter, and he's in the marine game, but not fishing.

rgds

JT
17-09-2006, 03:28 AM
OK - here's what we have so far, the first list is Team Names mentioned that have at least one Ausfish member in them, the second list is actual Ausfish members on those teams from what I can deduce from above. If there is a name not on there it will be because I can't be sure if that person is from Ausfish or not. From many of the posts going around I could get many more names but unless they post them up on this post I'll assume that they don't want their score posted publically on a this website.

TEAMS

Team JAM
Team SSS
Team Bush n Beach
Croc Hunters 3
2 Dogs
The Hooded Warriors
Team Bozos
Northside Marine Fishing Team

MEMBERS

JT
Marty_Z
Armoz
Scotty GC
Creek Vermin
Straddy 77
Squidgiepalmer
bdowdy
Phil Alder
Jack Hunter

If we get anymore names I'll do updates before the comp. If I have made any mistakes please let me know.

Cheers

John

JT
19-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Come on all you Ausfishers fishing the Flathead Classic, put up your Team name and Ausfish members here, be nice to see how we all do. There are bragging rights up for grabs :D :D

Cheers

John

flattymattyb
21-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi JT,

I'll be there team name "The Bowes" me & the old man.

Cheers
Matty