PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast 1770

ndenly
19-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Does anybody know what the forecast is for next week at 1770?

I am going on a 5 day charter out around fitzroy lagoon etc.. #;D ;D and was hoping someone might know what sort of conditions I can expect.

Cheers in advance.

Nick

madmix
19-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi Nick,

can tell you that the wind has started to ease
and apparently (according to forecast) we are about
to enter an extended period of fine weather with light winds.

unfortunately they don't give a definition of extended period,
in any event it should be better than the last couple of weeks.

cheers Mick

agnes_jack
19-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Ndenly
The weather is looking good up till the weekend, I'm not as confident as Mick that it will last through the weekend though :-/
Will have a better idea by about thursday.

Regards, Tony

ndenly
19-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. We don't head out until sunday night.

When the weather is not good what sort of conditions are we talking?

Will the conditions out on the reefs and in the lagoon still be ok or is it a no go if conditions are not good?

Cheers,

Nick

trout3030
19-09-2006, 01:48 PM
What boat are you going on?

ndenly
19-09-2006, 01:53 PM
The charter company is Bluanya Fishing Charters. The boat is called the MV Spirit of Bundaberg.

Details of the boat from their website

The MV Spirit of Bundaberg is our overnight or extended charter vessel. Built in 1991, timber Sharpie Design, she is 47 foot in length and draws 6 foot. A purpose built charter vessel in 2B & 2C survey. She cruisers at 8 knots and is an excellent sea going vessel, comfortable and safe.

This is all the information I have.

Cheers.

StevenM
19-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Nick

sweet, cant wait to see the pics and report

Lucky_Phill
19-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Jeez Nick, maybe you'll need bad weather, 5 days out at the Islands/ ::) What to do when you bag out after day one ???????

Hope it goes well. The Bluanya is a newish boat to the area and it looks great. Going out Sunday night due to tides I suggest.

Fitzroy reef is a pretty safe haven for anchoring in dodgey weather.

Look forward to the report, or better still let me know what time you'll be returning. I might pop down to the Marina and say G'day.

Cheers Phill

Slider
19-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I am confident that it will be PERFECT for 2 weeks from Sunday Nick. ;)

Or there are going to be a few of us spending some time at the Agnes Tavern. :-[

Keep a look out for us mate - is Chris in the photo (Ausfish member Tinfish) and is the boat we'll be in.

Lindsay

fishingbarry
19-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Will you just stop having all the fun Linds, I'm getting greener and Itchier by the minute ;D ;D ;D, Have a good trip mate
Cheers
Barry

Slider
19-09-2006, 07:21 PM
As you say Barry - 'someones got to do it'. Rest assured I'll take a few pics for you so you don't feel so left out. Might even be able to post them from up there so that you almost feel like you are there.

Might need Tony or Phils help in that department though as my laptop is not of the wireless type and using the mobile for dial up internet has still got me tricked.

ndenly
20-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi-Yo - Will be putting up a report when I get back, hopefully will be something worth posting in the reports. :-/

Phill - Thanks for the confidence I hope you are right! Yep Sunday night out on the tide and back in overnight on the friday, so get back in sometime saturday morning (sorry don't know what time). I will be popping in to Agnes water to see Tony on the sunday we leave as he has put together a couple of outfits for me and a collection of all the stuff i should need for the trip. ;D

Slider - Will definitely keep an eye out for you both.

Cheers,

Nick

2iar
21-09-2006, 02:38 PM
As you say Barry - 'someones got to do it'. Rest assured I'll take a few pics for you so you don't feel so left out. Might even be able to post them from up there so that you almost feel like you are there.

Might need Tony or Phils help in that department though as my laptop is not of the wireless type and using the mobile for dial up internet has still got me tricked.

Sorry for butting in guys.

Slider - I didn't realise you were heading up to the 1770 M&G. Any chance I could grab some os your slugs? Happy to pay in beer or cash ;D

Good luck,
Mike

Slider
21-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah well I didn't either Mike. When is it on? Saw a while back that it was in October and thought that we would have left by then but now that you mention it - I will probably be there, assuming that it's during the school holidays.

Lindsay

agnes_jack
21-09-2006, 04:43 PM
G'day Nick
Looks like mick might be right mate!! :D :D
It will be fine till at least Sunday (today was a glassout!!!!by mid day)
So you will at least get a good run out. Once your out there, there is always a reef to tuck behind to stay out of the weather, but all being well you may get a good trip right thru :D You have a good' experienced skipper on Bluanya, Kevvy Watson, I'm sure he will look after you, and put you on some good fish.

I have those rods ready to go for you mate, so I will see you sometime on sunday!!

Regards, Tony

agnes_jack
21-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Lindsay
Lots of Macks out wide and heaps around Bustad head, Got some big spotties today!! I heard one of the charters got 25 spaniards at Bustad yesterday. The water is still a bit dirty around Roundhill head but it should only take a few days to clear up with this weather.

See ya soon............ Tony :D

Slider
21-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Nice to know you've had some rain Tony - can only help the spotties along amongst other things. Spaniards at Bustard is music to the ears - will be spending a little time up that way. Starting to get fired up as of today - looking forward to it, especially now that you've given me that news on the macs. Will drop in perhaps Sunday arvo Tony.

Lindsay