PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to help the professonal fisher man.

tomokatsu
20-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm Japanese. I began speaking English 5 month ago. But I still can not speak English well. I came Australia for learning English and Australian culture. My plan is to learn them while helping people. I like fishing. I think I'd like to help professional fisherman. I have stayed near Capalaba on Brisbane. Do you know professional fisherman near my homestay house. And I’d like to try lots of odd jobs and chores in Australia or teach people about Japan. So, I began to open my website.
http://canuse.mikosi.com/ please look at this if you have free time and need to some help.

My fishing in Australia is 3 Whitings, small Bream, 2 small reef fishes... :'(

onerabbit
20-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Tomokatsu,

For someone who has only been speaking english for 5 months, you are doing really well, good on ya.
I cant help you in your quest for work, but good luck.

Muzz

jim_farrell
20-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Same as muzz mate, well done. However I don't know if a fishing boat is the best place to learn english. ;D ;D ;D
You will gain knowledge on a lot of other subjects though.

Jim

tomokatsu
20-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I will keep to learn English. I went to North Stradbroke Island yesterday. Bus driver taught me how to pick up pipes. I was looking for pipes with him. I enjoyed talking to him. I think Australian people is more friendly than Japanese. And I will keep to try fishing too. Yesterday, I could not find pipes but I could not get a fish. But I enjoyed very much.

seatime
20-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi tomokatsu

First trip to Straddie and you're into the pipes, you'll be a local soon. ;)

The bus driver had you picking them up, did he make you the packer too ;D only joking mate.

Welcome to the Redlands, if you're after a fish you'll do better on here than with a professional. Pro's don't like to take out novices usually, they reckon they just get in the way.

If you're at Capalaba grab some bait from the shop and try at the entrance to Aquatic Paradise, it's a comfortable place to fish.

regards
Steve.

Great_White
20-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi tomokatsu , welcome to ausfish your english is very good for 5 months. :) :) :)

Looks like with time you can improve on your catches. Why do you want to fish with a pro for, just look up in the going fishing section and go for a deckie position, you will learn heaps.

Peter :)

onerabbit
20-09-2006, 10:09 PM
gelsec, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I couldn't do it, ;D ;D ;D

Muzz

tunaman
20-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Hello and welcome.

signed tunaman :)

tomokatsu
21-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks your advices.
I think I need time for improve on my catches. But I want to ask some questions that I thought I'd like to help professonal fisherman. Those question are "Does pro fisherman always like fishing? Does he have fishing spots of only his know? How about his time schedule does he have for fishing? Does he always have fishes on dinner? Has he ever wanted to give up this pro fisherman work? etc." I have interesting for fisherman life. :)
I had took a boat in Australia with my host father's boat the first time in my life. But I have never been offshore fishing. I sometime went fishing in Japan but I usually went to the lake for bass fishing. :)

this attach is I caught the first fish in Australia.

Hornblower
21-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Hello Tomokatsu,

It's not English you want to learn, mate, it's Australian. All you have to do is to learn all the swear words and say "mate" to everyone. No one will tell the difference between you and a local ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Seriously, you are doing good for five months here. Keep up the good work and keep an eye out on the Goin Fishin Section for the any spots going on fishing trips. You are obviously into it and keen to learn. That's fantastic. ;) ;) ;)

Cheers ;) ;)

major-defect
21-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey bloke,I'm not a pro fisherman but if you come up to north Queensland i'll take you for a fish in my boat.Good luck mate.

finga64
21-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Gidday cobber,
Mate, you speak (or type) english better then most of us. Maybe we all should go back to school. :-/
I'm sure you'll get some offers to go fishing.
Do you want to help professional stay at home blokes. I'm open to help any time #;)

Mate, you need a nick name. I'm too lazy to say/type your name all the time. So if anybody hasn't a better one Tomo it is #:)
Or Digger because tomokatsu sounds like Komatsu and they make diggers and the such. :)
Part of being an aussie is having a nickname #:D

What else do you do to fill in time, or what other interests do you have Tomo??
Cheers Scott aka boofhead :)

stevedemon
21-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Tomokatsu
mate as much as a pro would like to take you out under the rules and regulations you must do either a Coxswain course or Deck hand same course you just do not have to pass the same marks

Decky 75%
Coxswain 100%

as for the name Finga try sutak sounds better
it is alright Tomokatsu mate where aussies we like to change things around here and we are full of ideas ;D ;D

guys that is full of ideas not full of S##t ::) ::) just getting in before someone else does?! ;D? 8-)! ;)? ::)! :P

but Tomokatsu there are plenty of us that go out when we get the chance :-[ :'( :-[ :-/ :'( :'( :'( that will send you a message for an invite we all need a deckie

pass the beer, bait the hooks,place down and pull up the anchor, only thing is you are not allowed to show up the skipper and out fish him that is a case of swim home or to save fuel heres the rope and start swimming ;D :o 8-) :-? ::) :P

and your english is fine but as stated learn to speak ocker(Aussie)

wack another prawn on the Barbie

cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Poodroo
21-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I will keep to learn English. I went to North Stradbroke Island yesterday. Bus driver taught me how to pick up pipes. I was looking for pipes with him. I enjoyed talking to him. I think Australian people is more friendly than Japanese. And I will keep to try fishing too. Yesterday, I could not find pipes but I could not get a fish. But I enjoyed very much.

Welcome to Australia and to the best fishing forum bar none. I compliment you on your english ability so soon after starting to learn it. Well done. I cannot help with the pro fishing request but I can give a little tip about English. You were digging up PIPPIES not pipes. If you dig up pipes the local council will get nasty. ;D ;D Hope you have a lot of fun learning in this great land we all live in.

Poodroo

finga64
21-09-2006, 07:15 PM
as for the name Finga try sutak sounds better
Steve 8-) 8-)

hey Steve, What's a sutak??

kingfisho
21-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome , keep fishing and talking you'll get there. Enjoy Aussie it's a great place to fish and raise a family if you have one.
Cheers

stevedemon
21-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi finga
mate use to go to school many many moons ago with a bloke fresh from japan with the same name and he's name was very simular so she ended with tominko and he ended sutak check the last five letters of Tomokatsu name
and they were crazy fisho's as well and very nice family

hey Steve, What's a sutak??

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

tomokatsu
21-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks everyone. And your kind advice. I could understand. I mistook "pippies" spell. I wrote "pipes" down my comment before. My dictionary doesn't have "pippies" word and some Aussie words. I can understand your comments for the most part. :)
I have interest your invitations. But I can not answer soon. I need little bit time for thinking.

Cheers mate :D
TOMO

tomokatsu
21-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi, Steve and everyone mate.
I think my name is simular Japanese hookes company "Gamakatsu" ;D
And Japanese deepfry pork is "tonkatsu" and Japanese food of this pork on rice is "katsudon". ;)

I think I learned way to use "mate".

cheers :)

Tomo

finga64
22-09-2006, 06:33 AM
You've done extremely well Tomo mate. ;)
I'm having a quiet laugh at your comments.
What other interests do you have??

Poodroo
22-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Well done Tomo mate. ;) I think if you hang around here to much more you will be as aussie as chips. :) You bloody beaudy mate.

Poodroo

shayned
22-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey Tomo,
Welcome on board, I reckon if your mother taught you about preparing sushi and sashimi, there would be a few blokes on here who would definitely want you on deck, out in the bay in the not to distant future. ;)
For the record the only proper way to speak english is called Strine, the warmest and most colourful version of the language in the world. Here's two sayings worth remembering; Built like a drovers dog (all pr*ck and ribs). And a personal favourite; A dingo's breakfast (a p*ss and a quick look around)
There is plenty more.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Shayne

aussie_true_blue
22-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Try this site Tomo it may help www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Goodluck in OZ

Bob

tomokatsu
22-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks mate.
I can make Sushi and Sashimi. I made Sushi a few moth ago in Australia but I mistook way to cook the rice that it was so hard. Rice was dropped before put it to a mouth. Sashimi is row fish and soysouce and wasabi. I like it. Usually Japanese people can eat row eggs and row horse meet. Old Japanese people of countryside eat grasshoppers but not row.

And I went to camping with my hostfamily and their friends. the man of too had much drink of their friends taught me slang words of "your fXXkin' kidding". He and I had some practice of pronunciation this word in our camping base. But my host family said to me I can not use this word on the front of someone. And I was taught "bloody". And "Pain the neck". This camping had some bad weather day. Other man of my hostfamily freind said "bloody shXt!!". I thought he had hemorrhoids with bleeding.

Cheers ;)
TOMO

shayned
22-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Funny TOMO ;D ;D

Black_Rat
22-09-2006, 05:06 PM
And I went to camping with my hostfamily and their friends. the man of too had much drink of their friends taught me slang words of "your fXXkin' kidding". He and I had some practice of pronunciation this word in our camping base. But my host family said to me I can not use this word on the front of someone. #And I was taught "bloody". And "Pain the neck". This camping had some bad weather day. Other man of my hostfamily freind said "bloody shXt!!". I thought he had hemorrhoids with bleeding.

Cheers #;)
TOMO

LMAO #;D ;D ;D

Good stuff TOMO, you'll soon be fitting right in #;)

finga64
22-09-2006, 06:09 PM
:D :D :D this is so funny Tomo. funniest thing I read for awhile. :D :D
A mini meet and greet for Tomo is going to have to be organised for the Redlands.
Maybe a mini bring your tinny and have a fish type day :-?
What do you other people think??

Ruptured hemorrhoids=bloody poo :D :D :D

stevedemon
22-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi all
finga you place the dates and see what comes 8-) ;D ;)

well the thoughts are right but tomo can we leave the
Ruptured hemorrhoids=bloody poo ::) ;D ::) :o at home for the day they do not go well with a good aussie Barbie or fishing mate

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

roz
22-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Welcome Tomokatsu,

I think Great White's advice is worth trying, that's one of the good things about Ausfish, lots of people here are very happy to help out a newbie.

If you eventually plan to travel north, there are quite a few Ausfisho's in the Agnes Water/ 1770 area that would be very happy to take you along on a fishing trip.

Good luck.
roz

jim_farrell
23-09-2006, 05:50 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D This is hilarious.
Jim

Homer_Jay
23-09-2006, 11:27 AM
When he said he digging up pipes i thought him and the bus driver were gonna sit back and smoke a bit of weed! ;D

No wonder he like fishing so much if he thinks thats what we all do when we go out! Thats why he want s to go with the pro. Probably thinks he will have the best weed!

Just kiddin mate

Welcome to Aus land. Best place in the world to live bar none. IMHO

vanurose
23-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Welcome aboard Tomu
Great thread to read.
I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you're ever in Cairns then we can show you the ropes up here.
We have a small boat(4metres) and fish in the rivers creeks and estuaries and when those rotten South Easterly winds are NOT blowing up tidal waves, then we can fish out around the islands.
Cheers
Rose
PS Whenever we go to Japan the people there are overkind to us and this invite is just to show my appreciation to gentle Japanese hospitality in this small way. I wish I could do more. Locals in Japan wanted to take us fishing, but we only met them the day before we were to fly home here and unfortunately we missed out on a great time. Maybe next time we go over for a visit to Japan

roz
23-09-2006, 06:44 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D This is hilarious.
Jim

?????????

davez104
23-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Don't think he was having a go at you, Roz, just a chuckle at Tomokatsu's last post. Found it quite amusing myself, good to see some aussie's steering him in the right direction ;)

Dave.

TinarooTriumph
23-09-2006, 08:44 PM
When he said he digging up pipes i thought him and the bus driver were gonna sit back and smoke a bit of weed! # ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome Tomo. Im quite impressed with how quick you've picked up learning english!. For 5 months of learning English, your talking much better then some of the 50 year old inbred feral's around my area. Then again, thats probably not hard to do ;D . I learnt Japanese at school in Year 8, and can only remember one word... Rakugaki - meaning Grafitti ;D ;D .

Good luck with your fishing mate. If I can help in any way mate, send me a PM (Personal Message).

tomokatsu
24-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone mate!
I researched Aussie words with the website of aussie_true_blue mate taught me.
I used “big bikkies” of Aussie word in talking to my host father. Did your bought table cost big bikkies?” He was little bit supraised. I have interesting to Aussie words. McDonald's (the hamburger place) is Maccas in Aussie words but this in Japanese slang is Mac. Lots of other country word in Japan (loan words in Japan) are changed short word. For example, Air conditioning is Aircon, Television is Televi etc.
I often have mishearing. When my host mother cooked a cup cake, I asked her “Are you doing now?”. She taught me “coffee sprinkle”. But I could not be heard it that I said my heard words. “Coki pule?” but she thought I said her cake is “cocki poo” of the mean of “cockroach poo”. I made her angry. And I arrived Australia soon I talked to my host family. I said "A SO" of Japanese word to my hostfamily in this talking. Its word is not means that Japanese giving responses like “well” or “How can I say” or “I see”. But my host family thought I said “AXX hole”. I felt language is bit difficult but interesting.
I thought I will try to sometime go out somewhere for fishing before I help to pro fisherman. Because I don’t have knowledge of Australian fishing. I think this starting is about late of Oct or Dec. But I have no idea for this travel. And this travel I thought I respond your invitations and I tried to send PM but I still can not send PM.

P.S. lots of Japanese people like fishing. But usually fisherman in Japan doesn’t have a boat. Because Japan doesn’t have space. I can see lots of boats or yachts on bay in Australia but local Japanese harbors have pro fisherman boats and Cityside Japanese harbors have tanker and ferry. I rurally see personal boats or yachts in Japanese harbor. But in Japanese lake I sometime saw small aluminum boats.
This attach is popular setting on beach or estuary for catching flounder and “KISU” of looks like Whiting. Fish usually bite a second bait, First bait is for seeming. I drag little bit the sinker and wait after landed sinker. My friend in Japan taught me this.

Cheers
Tomo

davez104
24-09-2006, 08:29 AM
often have mishearing. When my host mother cooked a cup cake, I asked her “Are you doing now?”. She taught me “coffee sprinkle”. But I could not be heard it that I said my heard words. “Coki pule?” but she thought I said her cake is “cocki poo” of the mean of “cockroach poo”. I made her angry. And I arrived Australia soon I talked to my host family. I said "A SO" of Japanese word to my hostfamily in this talking. Its word is not means that Japanese giving responses like “well” or “How can I say” or “I see”. But my host family thought I said “AXX hole”.

Must be dificult, but very amusing for you to try to expain your way out of some of these 'misunderstandings'. Oh, to be fly on the wall. Try telly or tv (tee vee) for television is most used.

Keep these stories coming, each one puts a smile on my dial.

Dave.

Burley_Boy
27-09-2006, 09:28 PM
You made me smile, thanks for your posts buddy.

BB

jim_farrell
27-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Sorry roz, not laughing at you. I am finding it all very refreshing. I went to school with a japanese exchange student called Hideki. It wasn't just his use of the language but his sense of humour combined with it. I am finding the same with Tomokatsu. The bloody poo segment I found amusing.

Jim