PDA

View Full Version : A good call on the weather tonight...

charleville
28-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah - I know that I have been harping on a bit about the poor weather forecasting of late but when you are out in a 4.75m runabout, even one as magnificent as a Quintrex #;) you can get a little choosy about the weather that you want to venture out in, especially at night. #:(

There has been plenty of good weather for day fishing this week but one good night out on the water beats five days of good day fishing in my book #;) and so I have been hoping all week for a gentle night - well something less than 15knots anyway, which is my chosen limit. #

All the indications from the BoM and Seabreeeze were that tonight would be good so I had the boat all loaded up and ready on the driveway ready to go at about 2.30pm. #:)

However, a final check of the beacon reports online told me not to bother. #:(

Sigh! #:'(

Oh well, since the boat is already hooked up, I guess that it is a morning trip tomorrow morning for me. #:-/

Sigh! #:'(

StevenM
28-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Theres always tomorrow

Jim_Byrne
28-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Dont you ever work Charleville?

Jim

Lone_Wolf
28-09-2006, 07:58 PM
He is on long service leave 3rd degree so making hay while the sun shines!

T1
28-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Bruce,

Your graphic design skills are dropping... :P

Mate, nothing wrond with an early morning fish although like you, i prefer evenings! There's just something about all the lights back onshore and the peace of the night with only the sound of the sea... Ahhh, that's the life huh!

Take care & good luck in the morning!

T

bidkev
28-09-2006, 08:17 PM
You can dissapear up yer own bum following all those forecasts, Bruce :-/ ::) ;D

Late storm saturday and Monday currently showing on seabreeze...........Channel 7 has just forecast showers for the next 5 days! ::) ::)

kev

Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.

charleville
28-09-2006, 10:16 PM
He is on long service leave 3rd degree so making hay while the sun shines!

Yeah - eight months so far - only another five months or so to go. #:) :) :)

That should take me through the end of the snapper season, past the flathead season , then the spotties and sweetlip plus maybe some tuskies thrown in, and then... # :) :) :)

Your graphic design skills are dropping... #:P

Whaddya want from 1 1/2 minutes of effort with a screen shot that gets expanded before downloading it and is therefore a bit fuzzy. :) Same below...

T1
28-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Funny Bruce! No professional, just a sh%t-stirrer!!! ;)

Take Care T

Homer_Jay
29-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Eight months with another five to go......

Are you ever going to be able to do a full days work when you finally get back.

I have enough troble getting back into it after two weeks off.... ;D ;D

Argle
29-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Have to agree Homer, man you'll want to retire after about 10 minutes back at work I reckon. Enjoy the time you have now though ya lucky bugger ;)

Cheers and Beers
Scott

youtah
29-09-2006, 10:36 AM
If anything Charleville, your drawings will get a smile out of someone. Saturday Morning is on the cards for me at present. ;)

BrandonH
29-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Lol love your reply Kev :)

Its a pain all this weather forcasting stuffups :'(

I know how you feel mate, I am constantly looking for a decent gap in the weather to get my lilttle tinny out the front for a red fish.. Just one over 40cms will do me!!! ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy the rest of your time off Bruce! And i hope you have as much suscess with these other species as you have had with the Snapper and Jew :-[ #;D ;D ;D ;)

Tight Lines
Brandon...

charleville
29-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks Guys - am doing my best to enjoy all of this leave that I have saved for 40 years. #:)

I actually did go fishing this morning but was almost caught by a hiccup in the Seabreeze weather beacon graphs. :(

As seen on the full screen shot of my computer at 7am this morning, #the Seabreeze graphs of the weather beacons had stopped recording at some time around 3.30am. #Not being a person who looks at the details much, at first, it did not gel with me that the recording was 3 1/2 hours out of date.

I really only cottoned on when I cross-checked with the official BoM site and saw different readings on the beacons.

slymo
29-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I think weather forecasts are a very useful and important part of any boating exercise. It is important to realize that the BOM are only going on the information available to them, and they are only predicting the weather. Geez I wish they could give an exact forecast though. I have many boating experiences that have become a bit bumpy that the weather forecast didn’t predict. On the other hand, some times it goes in your favor!!!