PDA

View Full Version : what did you do,,, when they 1st said the "F word"

choppa
27-08-2006, 08:05 AM
chopjr has just turned up,,,mum in tow,,,dad at work,,,and mum tells me he has been cranky all morn,,,

i get no hello,,he just trekked through the house,,went out the back,,and started taking out his frustration on his mini bike,,
(wont start,,,but no request to help is forthcoming,,,just a lot of the F WORD,, and something about pop and his truck)

jugs boiled,,,,coffee made,,, and yet the F WORD is still being used,,,my advice to mum,,, IGNORE IT,,, he'll get over it,,, i'll take him to the park after you've taken off to work and that'll snap him out of it,,

mum finishes coffee,,, says bye to all,,,mrs choppa is laughing,,remindng me about when our boys were chopjr's age and this same thing use to happen,,,KIDS!!!!!!!

anyway,,,chopjr comes inside,,, and starts to have a whinge,,, when nan asks whats wrong,,,he says the following,,,

""ITS POP'S FAULT,,,, TRUCKS BROKEN,,,,,,AND WE CAN'T GO """"FISHING""""""",,,,,(ahh theres that F WORD again)

carn mate,,,lets go to the park,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

Feral
27-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Sounds like its time to let him help sort out the old tackle box, and teach him a few knots, maybe a bit of casting practice in the back yard!

I was going to suggest buy a few hundred soft plastics for him to sort out from Ebay (usually under $10), but I read somewhere they might have nasty plastic in them, so probably not best to little un's play with!

theoldlegend
27-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Choppa,

When I saw that the post came from you, I thought that things mightn't be what people might think...................

As it turned out, I was correct. Haven't you got your vehicle fixed yet?

Don't let the PC Education Dept find out about this: you might be charged with depriving a child of his right to go fishing with his granddad or something like that.

TOL

nonibbles
27-08-2006, 01:16 PM
My boy's first word was "fish" I tried real hard to make it "Chewbacca the Wookie" but he just couldn't do it...
His mum always uses the story at coffee table conversation when shaking her head. #One battle won. #She realises its hopeless trying to fight it. #He's now seven and loves everything about fishing. #And the soft plastics (hookless until ready to use) he loves to collect them.
He can't wait until I'm rich enough to take him out on charter with me (annual trip). #But doesn't like the "bumpy water" yet - result of unfortunate weather and breakfast berley so still difficult to get him into our boat but slowly working on it as long as its not too bumpy. #Start in the river venture a little out front, back inside the breakwall to the duckpond (townsville area) open it up a bit, let him drive for a bit. #He loved it so next time we may combine the fishing and boating again but pick the conditions. #Its a lot of hard work if they have a bad experience.

woody74
27-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Our 4 haven't said it at all YET ::) Not to sure why, both mum and dad are bogans ;D. Number 4 might yet, as soon as he can talk that is ::)
Wife just read this and informed me that our oldest child Tonisha 6 years now, 4 years when said, told her younger brother Kayden then 2 to fu@# off and get off the slide. #::) Typical, just like her mum, they are the bosses ;) ;D. CHEERS woody

troy
27-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Choppa,
Mate these days it is that common it is like second nature for it.
The young girls are worst than the boys.
As i said above if it is used on a every day basis by young parents than it is only a matter of time before the kids pick it up.
I remember the first time i said it and my sister dobbed me well i got the castor oil from my mother and later on the jug cord from the old man.
Those were the days .
I will probably cop a lot of flack from this but i think they shoud bring bach the cane in schools and i copped it daily.
Kids today without the cane are not frightened by there teachers as they know they can get away with it as the Teacher cannot lay a finger on them.
Troy

woody74
27-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Totally agree with you Troy, Kids these days need the fear of god put into them, then some of the little buggers wont get away with half of the $HITE they get away with now, BRING IT ON. CHEERS woody.PS, I copped the cane as well on a regular basis and it didn't hurt me a bit, at least I got common sense and respect for my elders flogged into me.

nonibbles
27-08-2006, 09:10 PM
All for saying "fishing?"

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
27-08-2006, 09:59 PM
When Sue and I teamed up, I had a son and a daughter from a previous marriage and she had 3 girls. My kids are with their mother, now aged 15 and 17 and Sue's girls have are grown up and doing their own thing except the youngest who is 9 and lives with us. The stuff she comes out with at times causes me to smile for days. I won't tolerate a foul mouth from any of the kids, and Sue's eldest daughter has a 3 year old who calls me 'Poppy', but that little monkey can put me in my place quicker than the others all put together! Sure some of her tongue comes from her Mother, but by gee I am sure a lot of it is learnt from her little friends at pre school. I have found, and much to my dismay, that the values which I learnt by floggings from Mum and Dad with the jug cord and the wooden coat hanger, cannot be applied these days. Quality time spent with them, allowing them to express themselves, and not coming down too hard seems to be the way to go. Hard to do though when you're from a different school. All precious little people just the same! God how I love em!

Cheers
Dave

Hornblower
27-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Great post Choppa,

When my middle bloke was three years old, I told him he couldn't do whatever it was he wanted to do - forgotten with time - and the little bugger stood his ground in front of me in the hallway, shaped up and yelled, "Come on, I'll have a piece of you" Three years old and about three feet tall to a 178cm, 35yr old man with about fifteen times his weight and as ugly as a smashed crab.

It took me a week to stop laughing, after I had given him a serve and sent him to "the laundry" where he could think over his crime.

Kids, aren't they the best ;) ;) ;) ;)

Fisher_Boats
28-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Reminds me of one time I took my oldest bloke out to Mud fishing.
He was four then. My mate and I were fishing away with him and the wind kept picking up and up. We said to each other it's getting stonger and stronger and then said we better go.... "it's blowing it's ####ing ring out"
Thought no more of it and headed home, drove up the back yard and started cleaning the boat up.
Next minute Mum's on the back door step and says "blowing it's ####ing ring out was it?" ;D ;D
The young fella had raced up stairs and Mum had asked how fishing was..you can guess what he told her ;D
They are all sponges , just got to let them know they can't say those words that they are bound to hear :-X

Cheers Col

Az
28-08-2006, 04:18 PM
;D classic col!!

Owen
28-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I'll always remember my daughter (about 5 at the time) racing in to dob in her older brother.
She knew she couldn't say the word, so she said "Dad! Patrick just said the F..*..*..* word!"
spelled it out loud perfectly ;D ;D

gotta love 'em

cheers
Owen

Reef_fisher
05-10-2006, 10:42 AM
i had my nine year old boy come and live with us for a while, never been out fishing in a boat and as far as i know hadn't done much fishing at all. we just had cyclone larry shake the shite out of us and after cleanup was done and had no power or water decided to go fishing out to the reef.the three of us my brother included jumped in the boat and told him the rules and where everything was and how to use it. got out to the reef and before the motor had shut down he lept to the anchor and through it over. proceeded to get his gear baited and over the side. been there a while, another boat pulled up near us and my son proptly replied, those b#$%& have the whole reef to fish why do they have to fish in our lap. anyway we fished for the day with my son doing all the things that a good deckie would do without asking, by the end of the day he was talking like an old salty, particularly if anyone came to close to us. after we got home and sorted out what we could with no water, i cracked the first coldy of the day and commented to my brother about my sons keen actions for the day. turns out my brother had given him the boat talk the previous night and by the time the talk was finished my brother was on his tenth bundy. ;D ;D

littlejim
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
we asked the grandson what he thought it meant. He said "I think it means the same as 'sh*t'." He's past that stage now and doesn't say it. At the time he also developed his own variation, when something went wrong he was heard to say "that's VERY f***en".

stevedemon
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi choppa
mate my first born at 3 yrs of age told his mother(wife no 1) to F off could have knock her over with a feather needless to say i cop the blame for this word but never used them words around kids found out it was the boys next door when i came home spanks his rear end and sent him to bed
Wife no 2 same son now 5 told her to f off with a few more syllbles in there same thing spank first daughter told me where to go and how to go about it at 4yrs of age

second daughter to no 2 at 3 yrs told her sister 20yrs old to f off

Wife no 3 had 2 kids when we meet ages 5 and 7 did not like mum going with someone else told me to f off in no terms been on seen for 2 months hand around rear ends and straight to bed it was not until her eldest daughter turn 14yrs old before she told me to get f again because i refuse to let her wonder the streets bit had to place hand around rear end at this age so we had some thing else planned

mate they will pick it up at schools from the next doors kids but i always told my kids ever use that to me or there mothers i will slap them the boy from no 1 is now 20yrs daughter 19 no 3 wife kids are 21 and 19
no 2 wife kids are 11 and 14 but have told the boys that if they speak to there mother with disrespect that will be the day they see the real nasty side of me the same with the girls only in a different way

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Poodroo
05-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Well now I know that I am truly an addict because reading the story I just knew the "F" word just had to be fishing. ;D ;D

Poodroo