PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy fresh fish - Gold Coast/Brisbane

jcw
04-10-2006, 10:01 AM
G'day,
Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy fresh fish on the Gold Coast (or in brisbane). I live in Toowoomba, but go to the GC periodically to visit our chiropractor - long story.
Basically my son (and my wife) are highly sensitive to a variety of things such as preservatives, various food types etc. We have trouble finding fresh fish that has not had a preservative added such as 220-228, which is basically sulphur. my son reacts to the sulphur. Apparently it is added on the trawlers.

So if anyone knows somewhere, where the preservative has not been added, I would be very grateful!! Fish is good for him, but the sulphur is not - it is a pain. Most of us can normally handle it, but some people cannot.

Thanks
John

marlinqld
04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Fish factory, Lytton Rd Morningside Brisbane

Cheers

Mike

4x4frog
04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Raptis and SOns, Colmslie near the Gateway bridge southern side 2km inbound.

bonka
06-10-2006, 03:49 PM
There's an excellent fish market on Reedy Creek Road, about 1/2km west of the highway on the left...near a camping store and others. They bring in chilled fish from NZ every Thursday. Whenever I miss out on the fishing I go there. Always thrilled at the freshness. Highly recommended. No, they didn't pay me to say this. Try a Flounder sometime...yummy.

Cheers,

Brent

marlinqld
06-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Again I ask,............why import fish from anywhere?

Buy local product I say

Mike

imported_admin
06-10-2006, 10:33 PM
You might want to try Collins Wild Chemical Free Barramundi. They say it has been tested for over 140 chemicals with all being not detected. You can Email them at

collinswhbarra at internode.on.net

jcw
07-10-2006, 07:57 AM
G'day,
Thanks everyone for your replies, we will check them out!

Much appreciated
John

mangomick
08-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Buy fresh fish and you eat for a day buy a rod and a reel and you eat for life

The Philosophy of
Mangomick

;D ;D ;D