PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

denchy
07-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Howdy All, My Name is Scott, I have been "trying" to fish ever since I was a little fella up in Townsville, but I have started to become more keen in my older age so I have come to this most helpful site in the hope you blokes and glas are able to show me the finer art of fishing ;)

I live on the north side of Brisbane and have alway wondered if North Pine Damn was any good fishing and from the reports I have seen its got some big fellas in there.

So I hope to ask many questions and hopefully learn from all of your experience.

See ya round

Denchy

tunaman
07-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Matey! Just go and get into it :). Like most of us, its getting out in the feild and getting over the pros and cons of fishing.
Books and mags can only help so much, but on the water is were
the skills really come form.
All the best.

signed tunaman :D

Dory4.1
07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Welcome aboard, the North Pine Dam looks like it would be a nice place to spend some time fishing.

Rgs
Michael

Feral
07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
North pine is a great stocked impoundment, but shore fishing only at the moment due to low water levels.

Good for Bass and gar

Poodroo
07-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Welcome to Ausfish denchy. I fished Northpine Dam many years ago and back then it was literally riddled with tilapia which is an illegal imported African cichlid. If you manage to catch one under no circumstances are you to release it back into the water because you are liable to cop a fine if the DPI people see you doing it. I am not sure if they are still there because I have not been there in so long but they were fun to catch. I was told by a ranger there that I was to dispose of them thoughtfully or clean and gut it there if I wanted to try them out for a taste test. I have been led to believe they are edible but are a bit on the bony side. Good luck if you try it there.

Poodroo

bidkev
07-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the site, denchy.

kev

The bad news is, "time flies". The good news is, you're the pilot. (Michael Althsuler)

finga64
07-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Gidday Scott
Cheers Scott :)

Bundy_Burp
07-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome to Ausfish Scott this site is bound to have many answers to your questions .
I am sure you will be catching fish really soon .

Bundy 8-)

Great_White
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Welcome to ausfish Scott [smiley=laola.gif]

Great site to learn and talk about fishing / boating.

Peter :)

blue5beard
08-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey bro.. Howdy sounds kind of like youre from across the sea mate.. Like texas mybe..Thats in the U.S..... Welcome aboard .. Lots of fresh water lakes around..caught my first bass at hinze the other day.. Its a nice lake to try..BB :)

griz066
09-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Welcome aboard mate 8-)