PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A CATCH! The Apprentice....

T1
06-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi All

Most of you Saltwater regulars would know that my wife and I were expecting our first child! #Well, finally, after 9 long months, the little apprentice kicked into this world on Wed night 23/08 at 8.26pm.

While he weighed less than my PB Snapper and much less than my PB fish, his photo's will grace all places currently occupied by my PB's (of course). #And hasn't the little nipper got strong hands! All ready for the fights with the big un's in years to come (god willing)!

Mum and Bub are both adjusting well! Oh, and without doubt, he gets his good looks from his mum (hope it stays that way!!!)!!!

Take Care T

Darryl
06-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Well at least i will remember his birth date, same as mine.

Congrats.

shayned
06-09-2006, 11:09 AM
About time T, good looking little tacker isn't he! :)

aussiefool
06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
AAAAWWWWHHHHHH well done M8, best wishes to Mum, Dad and bubs [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]. Now the sleepless nights start ;D

revs57
06-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Congrats to you all T,

Now the real fun begins...

All the best to little T

Cheers

rhys

Argle
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Yep bring on those sleepless nights, congratulations to you both. You will have a ball watching him grow up. :)

Cheers and Beers
Scott

stevedemon
06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi T1
congradulations to you and your wife with the newby to the fishing world
many sleepless nights ahead and very little fishing time in between mate but don't i am sure the guy's here will make up for you and let you know what it is like out there ;D :( ;) :)
don't worry i have been there four times myself and now have My first Grand-Child on the way this is what happens when they grow up ;D ;D ;D

anyway congrads on the arrivial and may he bring you plenty of memorial and happy times for the future for you all ;D ;D ;D now go out and wet the babies head and hand out the cigars ;D ;) :) :D ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Canoedle
06-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Congrats T1 and Happy Birthday Crestcutter ;)

SWFISHER
06-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Congratulations u guys well done

mickstar001
06-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Stop that T1 you're making me all clucky, on second thoughts think i may leave it for a couple more years. Congrats buddy hope ur out on the water again soon!

Fishing_Widow
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Congrats T1.

At least you have Ausfish for when he wakes in the middle of the night and won't go back down unless you hold him. ;)

Best wishes to Mum

Naomi & Ian

JasonT
06-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Congratulations mate! Even text conveys your pride and love for your newborn! Have you decided on a name?

You've given me a great idea here!
I'm going to follow your lead and "grow my own" Deckie!
I can see the advantages..... A deckie moulded from birth to pull anchors, chop berley, and fillet fish........ Not to mention taught to never outfish the skipper!
I have a chance of outfishing SOMEONE this way surely! :-)

Congrats again mate... It's the best feeling in the world becoming a Dad isn't it?

Makes you realise that it truly is a privillege!

Jason T

Lone_Wolf
06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Congrats T1 to you all !!

I hope you still have enough time to fish and post your great reports.

Regards

LW

sooty66
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Congrats what do we call him "1/2T" I guess

Smailesy
06-09-2006, 03:07 PM
well done t1

fisha_4_lyf_1989
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
congrats mate.
so when does bub get his first rod ;D

bonka
06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Congrats too, great to see another fisher born with a fishing rod. Enjoy

Cheers

Brent

fieldy
06-09-2006, 03:26 PM
well done mate

shayned
06-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey T,
Just realised it's not alledged anymore now you've supplied photographic proof. The next thing that sprang to mind was how is Tinn going to top this one? ;D ;D

marlinqld
06-09-2006, 03:59 PM
onya mate, a new trainee deckie ;D ;D ;D

outsiderskip
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
congratulations
when do u find the time
you are always fishing
when is the next one
can stop now you are on a roll

pete

gunna
06-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Congrats mate. Taken him fishun yet ;D ;D ;D.

jim_bream
06-09-2006, 05:39 PM
CONGRATS!!
Love it that he weighed more than your PB!!! LOL
All the very best to you and the missus.
(Any chance of a lend of yer boat seeing as tho you wont be using it for the next 18 months.. ;D )
HSVJones wont let me near his boat anymore!!

Mazeltov from Ion, Jodi, Sharne & Marley (The Bream family)

P.S. I learnt this from an OLD black lady in Africa:
when he's sick & chesty rub Vicks Vaporub onto the soles of the feet, slip on some socks and wait for the little fella to pass out.
It works!!!!

T1
06-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks all! It's the greatest thing you can experience as those who have kids can testify! Everyone can tell you what it's like but until you've been through it for yourself, you just can't comprehend!

CRESTCUTTER - Won't be hard to forget your birthday every year!! ;)

AUSSIEFOOL - He's been really good so far touch wood, only one sleepless night since he's been home. Well for me anyway! My wife obviously gets a lot less sleep than i do...

STEVE - That's about the number my wife is aiming for however i said to her once we cross 3, there's no reason why we can't continue to 6. Needless to say she wasn't impressed but 4 means peoplemover so it may as well continue... (easy for me to say!)

MICKSTAR - Bring on Friday night - rain hail or shine!!!! TINN and I will be lighting up the cigars and hopefully nailing a few too... (fish that is!)

F/WIDOW - Naomi, and Foxtel too (esp while the Tennis is on and we're also into Premier League season)!

JT - Jason, I hope he becomes a better fisherman than his dad! If he does, then i can take pride in knowing that i taught him well!!

LW - Don't you worry about that! It's not him that'll stop me, it's my work esp now that i've merged my business to expand (that started last Monday).

SOOTY - LMAO!

FISHA - as soon as he's old enough not to whack us with it ;D

SHAYNED - TINN definitely outdoes me on this one! He has number 2 due in about a month! :D

OUTSIDER - Always find time for that!!! ;D

JIM - Lol, he weighed LESS than my PB's! Thanks for the tip! Will tell the wife...

Coincidentally, his name is JIBREEL (pronounced as written). In case you're wondering, it's arabic for Gabriel.

Thanks again all and one day he'll be putting up his own posts (hopefully outdoing his dad!) :D

Take Care T

Gbanger
06-09-2006, 07:10 PM
your wife must have taken those giving birth classes pretty seriously if you had to catch him on the way out mate!!

congrats!!! :D

Great_White
06-09-2006, 09:21 PM
HI T, good to see you took my advice.

Well done again ;D ;D ;D

Peter ;)

Murks
06-09-2006, 10:59 PM
well done Mr and Mrs T1. :)....a nice addition to the family, congratulations and pleasing to see that the little tacker has no scales ;D
Brett

el_carpo
07-09-2006, 03:56 AM
Congratulations T1!

Brejen
07-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Congrates T1. All the best to you and your family.

Brett

maztez
07-09-2006, 07:54 AM
congrats T1 .I like his name (JIBREEL) unusual but very impressive even has a reference to fishing .All the best to you ,your wife and Jibreel .
cheers Terry

charleville
07-09-2006, 08:34 AM
A lovely healthy looking child! Congratulations, T1! :)

They are a handful when they are babies but what a lovely micro community a family turns into as it gets older. For your sake, i sure hope that he likes fishing. ;)

Tinn
07-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Guys you must always remember that Tinn is always one step ahead of T1 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

truck_hunter
07-09-2006, 01:45 PM
;)

JEWIENEWIE
07-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Apart from the enormous joy the little bugger will bring into your lives, there is an upside to sleepless nights. I am always up 5am with my 9th old and never sleep in and miss the early mornin fish. Get mum to give him a feed, load up and go fishing with him. If the little tacker is dining at the breastraunt, you shopuld have three hrs of fishing with your new joy before you need to make another booking!
Enjoy mate, its one hell of a ride!!!
Jewie

solwota
07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
beatiful looking baby T1, enjoy it while it lasts my 3 sons are all big, hairy and stinky now. still love them but it's much easier when they're babies ;)

cheers
richard

foggy
07-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Good on ya mate. Congrats to u and your better half.

Catch up soon eh

Graham

Got_the_Fever
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
T
Congrats to you and your wife. If the little fella grows up to be anything like his dad he will make a great addition to the community.

Kel

Bundy_Burp
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Congratulations T on your new born .

Bundy 8-)

saphire
09-09-2006, 05:54 PM
How cute what a beautiful little baby.
Congratulations

T1
09-09-2006, 10:56 PM
GBANGER - LOL!!

MURKS - i hope he gets to experience many kg's of scales when he gets older...

MAZTEZ - thanks! Someone already asked if 'Alvey' was his middle name...

CHARLIE - don't think he'll have too many options in that regard (hopefully)...

SOLWOTA - LOL man! I'm sure most arab families think what you said!! Coincidentally, you're not one are you?

GOT THE FEVER - Kel, what an absolutely delightful thing to say! I hope that he turns out better than me!!

And to everyone else, thank you all so much for your kind and wonderful thoughts... the journey has just begun!!

Take Care T

PS: He's had his 1st experience with SP's today! He came with us to FOGGY's to pick up some placcies and shared the backseat with them - that's a start isn't it?

moondancer
10-09-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm obviously running a bit late on this thread! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a gorgeous photo too!
There is really nothing quite like the pride of a new dad.....with so much joy to look forward to (mixed in with the usual grief kids give us!!! ;) :'( I know that as the youngster grows, the closeness this great sport of fishing we share will provide you all is immeasurable! If it wasnt for our common passion for all things fishing and boating, my older son and I (now almost 17 ) would not have the strong relationship we share now! To this day I still LOVE the cuddles I get from him - even out in the boat with his mates!!!
Here's to your family!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif][smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Lawry

Adamy
11-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Mate... cant believe this thread has been up over a month - this is the first time I've seen it! Of course I did my congrats privately the day bub was born - but seeing the photo - had to make a public comment. ;)

Bub not only gets his looks from your better half... but also his hair ;D ;D ;D oops cheap shot ::) ;)

Thats one cute bub - and a nice photo... be great to get together and say hi to yours... my youngest loves bubs

Only 2 weeks to go now mate and you can start the day time fishin again - counting the days...

Take care bud,

Adam

Kendall249
11-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Congratulations T1, is that your best catch ever? ;)

Steven78
11-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Well done :) you will have many happy years fishing together.