PDA

View Full Version : WEATHER FORECAST SITES

T1
12-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi All

I notice a few people refer to Ken Brown's website when discussing weather forecasts. #However, after the recent post http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1156158558 pertaining to this fine upstanding fisherman, why do people keep referring to his site for weather forecasts? #These forecasts are simply a link to the BOM site which everyone can access direct.

http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/qld/forecasts.shtml

The reason I post this is that everytime you access his site, that's another 'hit' chalked up for him to up the price of advertising on his website - which in turn helps line his pockets even further. #Given he doesn't seem to care too much about the rec fisho that made him so popular, why should we be supporting him by accessing his site for readily available info elsewhere?

So next time you're after a forecast, think wisely and go to the BOM site...

Take Care T

Great_White
12-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Rite on T1, I don't use his webb site at all. Mainly sea breeze.

Peter :)

Great_White
12-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Rite on T1, I don't use his webb site at all. Mainly sea breeze.

Peter :)

HiRAEdd
12-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I also use http://www.buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=AE&program=Maps

BrandonH
12-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Yes very disapointed in Ken Brown[smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif]

BOM

Seabreeze

Buoy weather

these are the best options for weather checking in the south east ;)
although don't forget about the weather page ausfish have!!!!!
I check this quite often for the barometric presure ;)

Cheers N
Tight Lines
Brandon...

backhoe
12-10-2006, 10:03 AM
And to make things even quicker all you need to need to acces the bom stuff is click on the links on the left hand side of the seabreeze page. Make things a lot quicker. ;)
Kev

Slient
12-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes T1,

since joined ausfish and discover better weather forecast recommended by members and I just realised that brownies website is designed for "hit" to make him richer and shame he doesn't care anything about rec fishing! so I don't visit his website anymore...

Thanks for bring up the topic

Silent

marlinqld
12-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Cant argue with ya logic there T1,straight to BOM site in future...

Mike

imported_admin
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM
You can also access the main Weather & Tide links at http://www.ausfish.com.au/weather.shtml

It is in the Weather Menu Dropdown at the top of the page.

I have also just added direct links to Seabreeze and Bouy Weather to teh drop down. You may need to do a Shift Refresh to see the changes.

gawby
12-10-2006, 12:08 PM
The only time i was using Brownies was for the surf cams but i can get them from else where so Brownie. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]bye bye Brownie [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Graeme ;)

part_time
12-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Im with you guy's on this bye bye Brownie.......

hussy
12-10-2006, 05:29 PM
i dont go to brownies ,there is no real info for fishermen,its a crap site with bugger all info, just a cash cow for brownie to milk, and as for his weather i dont understand why people take his word as gospel, my local fishing tackle-bait shop says that brownie has lost him plenty because of his weather forecasts. people dont go fishing, buy bait etc. then it turns out a good day. give him a big miss.....

hubby

Geoff_Atkinson
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Give this a go,

Its not marine orientated like Seabreeze or Buoyweather, but gives you very good information all the same.

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/index.jsp

Cheers

Geoff

Kendall249
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Bom site
AIMS remote weather stations
Weatherzone - get updates from t,ville airport every 10mins
EPA wave monitoring

snelly1971
12-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Weatherzone isnt bad but find buoy weather to be very reliable...i know of a commercial fisherman ringing the weather forcaster and they get there long term predictions off buoyweather here in tassie

Fisher4life
13-10-2006, 03:24 AM
Thanx T1 for the info. Brownies has just been deleted from the favorites!!

BobbyJ123
13-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Is this one any good??
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94578.html

Hornblower
13-10-2006, 07:26 AM
T1,

Got to agree with you on all this stuff, got me buggered why someone like him would bite the hand that feeds him - seems stupid in my book - and also seems VERY arrogant - and as I don't like arrogant people - Brownies is now deleted from my favourites menu as well, so no more hits from me. "Bye Bye Brown-eye Bye Bye!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D

Poodroo
13-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I have never used Brownie's. Always direct to the BOM even since before I was an AF addict :))

Poodroo

Dory4.1
14-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Agree with you T1, I navigate directly to BOM and SeaBreeze, then take a look out the window

Rgs
Michael

saphire
14-10-2006, 10:19 PM
I love the www. Its gives us access to so much more than we have ever had in the past. By looking at many different web sites we are able to view our subject matter more laterally. If someone is going to benifit from extra hits, good on them.
I will continue to web surf to as many pages and sites that give me the broadest view I can get. Competition in healthy.
Good on ya Brownie. Your a pioneer.
saphire.

marco
15-10-2006, 12:31 AM
I found out about this site today , they say it has better modeling software than seabreeze , i don't know about that but it seems pretty informative to me

www.askhuey.com.au

cheers
mark

Foolish_Chicken
15-10-2006, 05:47 AM
For surf cams, weather conditions, try coastalwatch.com.au

Wags

a_big_red_1
15-10-2006, 06:26 AM
thanx for the tip TI ;)

Daz

Northboy
16-10-2006, 06:05 AM
Here is a new one that does the lot on one site. www.askhuey.com.au And the best bit is that once subscribed to 1020 you get the lot on one personalised weather page. BOM forecast, wind, swell, tide, lunar, current conditions and sea temp. :) Pretty handy