PDA

View Full Version : Ads with mistakes- Fishing

imnotoriginal
13-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey guys,
on the same topic as the poll to the left I thought it would be interesting to think of the ads where the people who made them had no clue about what they were filming. My example would be that Ford sale ad where the bloke was supposedly Marlin fishing, but then his mate swam off because Ford's were just so cheap at the moment... sure. I just loved that he was fishing for marlin with a relatively small threadline reel. Also, the anti-reverse wasn't in gear, so the handle was swinging around waiting to smack the first guy who tried to grab the rod. Everytime I saw this ad it gave me the irrits, cause they obviously had no bloody idea what they were doing with the gear. Anyone else seen something like this that made them laugh (or made them angry) [smiley=question.gif]
Joel [smiley=laola.gif]

Big_unit
13-10-2006, 09:52 PM
The one that springs to mind is a large billboard on the right hand side of the Bruce Highway between Glenwood & Tiaro heading north. Its for a retirement village or something like it in Hervey Bay. Its shows an old couple having a fish together with a baitcaster combo - its being held upside down.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Not really what you wanted but just shows some people have no idea.

Cheers
James

Black_Rat
13-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Why would you buy a Ford anyway #:P #:-X #::) #;D

Seriously, yeah what a joke that ad was ! #;D

No Idea ! #;D ;D ;D

Heath
13-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Why would you buy a Ford anyway :P :-X ::) ;D

Seriously, yeah what a joke that ad was ! ;D

No Idea ! ;D ;D ;D

Don't laugh,

I saw a guy one day using an Abu baitcaster just like that.
Asked him how he was going as he was having all sorts of probs casting the thing. Casts ok normally apparently, just today the wind giving him some troubles with birdsnests...PML. Left him too it. With tears running down my face.

Another add is the one where the guys is trying to cook a KFC wrap on next doors bbq, by dropping it over the fence on his fishing rod. He is using an alvey & is winding it backwards to wind the line up..LOL.

Kendall249
14-10-2006, 12:42 AM
There is a billboard advertising land a bushland beach (townsville), on the board it is a picture of kids holdong a freshly caught barra, though this barra looked like it had being dead for weeks, cloudy eyes and partially scaled.

DazSamFishing
14-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Its shows an old couple having a fish together with a baitcaster combo - its being held upside down.

It amazes me how many boat advertisements have the same thing...

A overhead reel upside down!

Daz

Jackinthebox
14-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Where do I start..........?

Is it the Haines Signature ads in the mags a year or two ago where they are pulling in a big, stiff as a board, red emporer 100 metres off the Gold coast pumping jetty - yeah right!

or was it another red emporer in an ad for something that the kid caught on his kmart combo off the jetty in his local creek?

or was it the XXXX ad just recently where the dude holds up the black mudguts farmed barra he has just "caught" off the beach in the fishing comp - but was disqualified because the stubby cooler/fridge was holding the rod. "rules is rules" says Jacko.
(for those that don't know, a saltwater barra is silver with yellow tail)

but the one that takes the cake is the ad in the fishing mags by the NT govt where they are trying to get tradies(sparkies, welders, etc) to move to Darwin. The blurb goes like .... " imagine getting paid big $$$ and knocking off work at 4 and catching dinner by 6pm, the fishing's so easy here, blah blah blah" and some ad agency guy is standing in a business shirt, suit pants, etc and has lifted up a fantastic, dripping wet ....... dead as a doorknob, COOKED, shrunken yellow eyed reef fish that he has supposedly just caught with his bare hands or something!!!!

The fishing is that good up there, but these advertising tools can't catch a decent fish to stick in a bloody national ad(how much did they get paid to stuff this up?)
For god's sake, couldn't the ad budget stretch to going down to the local fish shop and buying a fresh fish that actually looks like it's just been caught? Morons!

P.S - i still laugh when I think of the start of that Home & Away soapie that ran for years with the chick pretending to fish with the eggbeater held upside down, winding it backwards and with no line on the reel???????

imnotoriginal
14-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Hahahaha, I'm loving these guys. To hold an eggbeater upside down, now that's a new one on me. Was probably too young to notice at the time.
Joel

arpie
14-10-2006, 04:35 PM
There is a local 'info' magazine for the Mid North Coast - in the Camden Haven area, they show a bloke holding a trout! As if ......

Feral
15-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Ads? I ve never watch em long enough to see if there is any fishing stuff on em!

"All hail the remote"
"All hail the remote"

Hoges
15-10-2006, 08:55 PM
There is a billboard advertising land a bushland beach (townsville), on the board it is a picture of kids holdong a freshly caught barra, though this barra looked like it had being dead for weeks, cloudy eyes and partially scaled.

;D I used to sell land at Bushland Beach a long time ago and would love to see a picture of the Billboard! 8-)

Dirtysanchez
16-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I've seen that billboard that Big Unit mentioned, it gives me the schizens every time Ii drive past it, because it is so unbelieveable, even if I wanted to I would not buy land of those clowns

Face it guys, advertising 'gurus' wouldn't have any idea on how to catch fish, they just go to a fancy restaurant & buy it !

Big_Ren
16-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Have a look in any boating mag and you'll be sure to find some bikini clad nymphs and some male model on a brand spanker boat, all with rods over the side and not an inch of line on any of the reels ;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

Hoges
16-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I've seen that billboard that Big Unit mentioned, it gives me the schizens every time Ii drive past it, because it is so unbelieveable, even if I wanted to I would not buy land of those clowns

Thanks, Pal for calling me a clown! ;D

I can guarantee from my last trip a few years later up there that the people I sold land to were friggin pleased with what I had sold them and welcomed me into their homes. >:(

Please someone post the picture of that billboard up here and PM me to let me know.
Thanks
;)

Big_unit
16-10-2006, 10:17 PM
The one that springs to mind is a large billboard on the right hand side of the Bruce Highway between Glenwood & Tiaro heading north. Its for a retirement village or something like it in Hervey Bay. Its shows an old couple having a fish together with a baitcaster combo - its being held upside down.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Not really what you wanted but just shows some people have no idea.

Cheers
James

Different Billboard Hoges. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Face it guys, advertising 'gurus' wouldn't have any idea on how to catch fish, they just go to a fancy restaurant & buy it !

Big_unit
16-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Double post ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So even Gurus go off half cocked. 8-) ;) ;) :) ;D ;D :P :-* :-*

seatime
17-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Can't remember what the product was but I do remember they had a bloke with an Alvey that had been mounted left hand, but spooled right hand. He was trying to wind left handed backwards, and he was clearly right handed.[smiley=dunce.gif]

Dirtysanchez
17-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Geez Hoges, didn't mean to upset anyone, :-[
Big unit doesn't seem to think it was that sign you are thinking of, but to be honest mate either way it does look a bit ordinary with the reel ar$e about face

Time to move on..

Brenno
17-10-2006, 08:22 PM
there is one that i love to laught at, its in one of boating booklets, it shows two guys in a boat one of them has caught a squire in his local creeks his got it out of the water by about a foot with his mate holding a net underneath it, the only problem is the fish has its throat cut. dont think it would have put up much of a fight.

Mark