PDA

View Full Version : Who likes seafood?

DazSamFishing
15-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I thought I would throw in an interesting poll...

I couldn't help but notice how many Aussies dislike seafood!

I was speaking with some work mates about fishing (which they enjoy) however, they all seem to dislike any form of seafood even though we have the best in the world!

I am interested to know how many Ausfishers' out there don't eat or keep their catch!

Daz

Kendall249
15-10-2006, 11:05 PM
I love fishing and I love eating all types of seafood, though will only eat it if its fresh. #So when I get a resonable catch I usually give most away to family and friends, trying not to keep too much in the freezer for to long.

favourite_whiting
16-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Hello all,
:) I love fishing and love eating seafood! 8-)
Catching fishes, clean them, cook them, and eat them :P
as it tastes lovely :P
Better than buy from the seafood shops
Happy life of fishing,
favourite_whitings ;)

griz066
16-10-2006, 06:27 AM
I love fishing but I don't eat BAIT ;D ;D ;D

Shitty_Master
16-10-2006, 07:59 AM
I love fishing, I usually throw back the stuff I catch because I only like Fish to eat, I can't stand Crabs, Prawns, Squid ect.

rtranter
16-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Love to fish hate the dish
Prawns and crabs (eatable) are good
Either catch and release or give my catch away, except for what the wife wants to keep.
rob

bidkev
16-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Love all seafood except those tinned anchovies. Due to their high cost, cockles and mussels in vinegar are bought only occasionally by the deckie despite us both liking them a great deal, and our favourites, (whelks and winkles) seem to be unavailable here :'( It's a pity that we have to struggle to get by with plain old simple crab and prawns ;D ;D

kev

DR
16-10-2006, 02:32 PM
i love it, but only if i catch it or definately know where it comes from, waaay too much imported rubbish out there in the shops..

Smailesy
16-10-2006, 03:06 PM
yum yum cant get enough

Pitsta
16-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Mate i eat all form's ,But what ticks me off is people who say they love seafood then smuther it in vinegar . That to me is a real waste ...........
Bread crumbs & or nothin with my fish !!!

Mark

StevenM
16-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Love it

dont purchase much unless it whole

and nothing comes close to being fresh except when you catch it yourself

definetly taste the difference

cheers

Steven

aussiefool
16-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I love all types of seafood BUT if I do not catch it I do not eat it. Haven't bought any seafood in years

bidkev
16-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm curious :-/ Quite a few of you have said that you don't eat seafood unless you catch it yourself. Does that mean that you don't eat canned stuff such as Tuna or pickled stuff such as herring and mussels?

For myself, I'll try anything except fish from a fishmongers slab. I mean, just visualise what a fish looks like straight from the water or even a self -caught one that has sat in your fridge for 3 days. Now visualise the ones that you see on a fishmongers slab....even a pretty famous one out scarborough way.........no comparison......how old are those fish that hit the slabs?...........Now if I could find one that sold halibut I'd perhaps change my ways :D Perhaps I just expect too much being a whingeing Pom ::)

kev

Dignity
16-10-2006, 07:34 PM
i'm a seefood junkie, I see food and eat it.

Seriously though love to eat what I catch an d will buy prawns but hard to get quality these days.

sam

fishing_mik
16-10-2006, 07:50 PM
MATE DONT EAT ANY OF MY CATCH THROW A LOT BACK

KEEP MAINLY REDDIES AND FLATHEADS FOR FAMILY

LOVE PRAWNS LOBSTER OYSTERS

bingo2
16-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I like most seafood . I was brought up eatingit . The family is not that keen , fish fingers and I & J fillets are about as close we have been getting . Big change coming up though !!! Bought the first boat since being a kid , and we are into it !

Bingo :P :P

Bruff1
16-10-2006, 08:00 PM
i eat anything that comes from the sea lived in the straits for a year even tried dugong :P turtle :) and them painted crays sensational

seatime
16-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Love all seafood, it's been a staple all my life, we were brought up on the stuff.
Tried most types, turtle, dugong (supplied by indigenous folk), even Kina?, the sea urchin roe Kiwis love.
Don't buy much except prawns, oysters and sandies. I get sandies off a pro, 4-5 for $10, it's not worth catching them for that $.

Not a fan of freshwater fish though. In the salt I try to target edible species.

regards
Steve.

Graham_N_Roberts
16-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Absolutely love fishin', and eatin' seafood (well any food, got a cover over the toolshed to look after ;D)

Wife will eat fish from the market, but not any fish we catch #:-/ (serious problems that gal ::))

DazSamFishing
16-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I eat all types of seafood... and I love canned tuna or red salmon on a sandwich...

I can't eat seafood from woolies or coles... or many seafood markets...

It has to be caught and prepared by myself!

Daz

tomokatsu
17-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Hi, mate.
I'm not Aussie. My homestay family likes fishing and to eat fish. I like too.
But I don't like to eat raw Oyster. I had like a sick after I ate my friend caught Oyster in Japan.

I think the fish in Japan is cheaper than Australia. And Japan has lots of pro fishermans.
I wonder fishing is popular in Australia but to eat fish is not popular.

Tomo

Great_White
17-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Love it, prawns & crab is hard to beat. But really enjoy whiting, bream, snapper, pearlies and sweet lips.

Yum all this talk is making me hungry ;D ;D ;D

Peter :)

Duyz72
17-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Gotta be fresh and then GET IN TO MY BELLY!

moondancer
17-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Love my fishing, and my seafood!
My oldest son is passionate about his fishing, but only likes prawns/ crabs/ bugs/ oysters - not fish. In his mind, therefore, losing a big fish at the side of the boat is no big deal - in his mind, he's caught it - if he had his way, none would come home for the dinner table!

L

tunaman
17-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Thats a hard Question! I,d have to say all of the above.

signed tunaman :-/

Jim_Byrne
17-10-2006, 09:46 PM
There is nothing better than your own freshly caught fish, and reef species like schnapper, pearlies, jacks, trout etc just melt in your mouth when cooked right!

When I have to buy fish from the markets, I will only buy whole fish so I can see their eyes. If the eyes are clear I have been told it is a sign that the fish is fresh, and if the eyes are cloudy the fish may not be as fresh.

As for crabs and prawns, they aren't to bad, but not a patch on fresh fillets!