PDA

View Full Version : The TLD Affair - Justice At Last!

ssbayguide
16-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi All

I would just like to take this opportunity to confirm that the TLD reel affair that saw a number of Ausfish members lose money seems to have come to a close at last.

The perpetrator of the scam is now in detention and will not be released until at least the middle of next year.

Cheers

Peter R

blaze
16-10-2006, 05:55 PM
be nice if they lost the keys for a couple more years, any one got a friend of a friend paying a visit on the inside.
cheers
blaze

frenzy
16-10-2006, 06:21 PM
good to hear
karma will sort him out

StevenM
16-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Great news Pete

Sportfish_5
16-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Good to hear there was some closure

That seems like an eon ago :o :o :o :o :o

Jeremy
17-10-2006, 06:57 AM
I never got any money back and I suspect that no-one else did either. Good to hear he is doing some time and I hope he drops the soap frequently.

Jeremy

ssbayguide
17-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi All

I spoke to the detective who was covering the case yesterday and expressed our thanks. He was also relieved!

Peter R

Glind
17-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Great news Pete, it took a bit of time, but the outcome is justified. I wonder if they got him on more than just the TLD's?
Tim

gunna
17-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Very good news. But he should have to repay people out of future earnings or something. Complete justice.

Tangles
17-10-2006, 12:43 PM
what was the tld affair, i missed it, any thread you can point me to?
cheers
Mike

Duyz72
17-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Nice to hear somepeople get their just desserts!

ssbayguide
18-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Guys

The offender got done for more than just the TLD reel scam.

Peter R

Rod_Bender
18-10-2006, 10:58 AM
What was the scam???

blaze
18-10-2006, 11:22 AM
the deal was a long time ago (guessing 2 years) there was a new member that had on offer in the for sale section (hence the reasons for the non new members seller untill x amount of posts) quite a few tld reels of different sizes, these reels were paid for in good faith by some ausfish members and other members of the public but the reels never exsisted so all these people were out of pocket. It seems that after all this time some (very little) justice has been handed out.
cheers
blaze

marlinqld
18-10-2006, 11:27 AM
The courts may order he pay restitution on top of gaol or any other order, but realistically, he aint gonna pay it back is he?

lock the cell door throw away the keys.

Mike

fishingjew
18-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Had a bloke in a hiace van in our street doing burnouts three nights running on the third night after calling police again went out and chased him in my old patrol there was a bit of an accident ::) and he took off just as the police came over the hill I told them he hit me and they chased him wasnt a fast one due to the damage to his van ::) he then tried to reverse into the police up the road then rammed his van into a carport where they caught him they took him to court and he was ordered to pay damages to me for the patrol and the other persons carport that he demolished got a cheque each fortnight for $40 from spurs they would take it out of his dole payment took two years to pay me . I would think the same would apply here if requested

adamleah
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
I havent been on here much of late, but to update all " if it hasn't been mentioned already, I have just started getting regular cheques in the mail from SPER "State Penalties Enforcement registry" paying back what he stole from me the day before my wedding some 3 and a half years ago.

Hoping the same is happening to the remainder of you that this guy rorted.

Regards

Adam

dazza
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
hi all,
good to see a bit of justice,
maybe we could send him a tub of axel grease to make his time inside a bit more comfortable;D ;D
as far as restitution, don't hold your breath, but some might see a bit of money, was he ordered to pay restitution as part of his scentence?

many years ago when on my way home fron fishing shady camp NT i pulled up for the night in longreach, some scum bag broke into my ute and boat and piched my tackle box containing $$ worth of lures and about 4 rods, the police must have known who it was, as i was reporting the incident, one of the coppers said he was going for a drive and gave us a wink, didn't return with any of my gear but i did recieve about 4 cheques of about $60 each after the prick went through court, hope you guy's see some restitution.

rest easy though, as a new boy inside, he will be someones mumma

cheers
dazza

mattooty
13-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Serves little ash right
I followed that fromt he start to finish and would have been stung as well if i had the money as he was dishing those reels out for next to nothing.
Hope you guys get at least some form of concelation from this scum
Any updates on details, what else he was charged with and how many $$$ worth he scammed?
Matt

Heath
25-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Guys,
Anyone remember or know the guys full name? Ashley ??????
I have a sneaking suspicion he could be back around, but need to confirm his name.