PDA

View Full Version : don't dump your rubbish

black_bass
17-10-2006, 03:37 PM
G'Day went chasing bass in the Macleay River at Greenhills in the am today,got to the boat ramp and theres cans and bottles and rubbish in the water. We all know that in NSW they want to stop us fishing,this rubbish is more ammo for em to to use in parlament.Take your god damned rubbish home,it's not hard.

Cheers

Poodroo
17-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I couldn't agree more. I would like to think that it is a minority group that litters but it only takes one inconsiderate person to spoil things for everyone. It isn't only carelessness in the water but it also is an ongoing problem Australia wide. I really don't know why people have to be so lazy and careless but attitude adjustments are necessary I think. How many people discard cigarettes out car windows or flick them into the water? Care factor 0% in most cases. :-/

Poodroo

bidkev
17-10-2006, 04:25 PM
The trouble is that landlubbers are to blame for a great deal of it. I'm pretty sure most of what you see in the water and on the beaches get's there via storm drains. Not that all fishos are innocent but it just amazes me the stuff that I see in storm drains.

kev

themisses
17-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Right there with you Black Bass!! One of the things that bugs me the most is empty bait packets. They are usually teamed up with empty beer cans and smashed bottles. The rocks at Hastings Point are often littered with them. I take a garbag when we go fishing there now. The grotty buggers are s#*%ing in their own nest. And ruining it for all of us. When it's bait packets they can't blame anyone but fishos. I'm sure it is only a few, but gives those against us lots of ammo. >:(

Cheers Kim :)

yibbiy
17-10-2006, 05:14 PM
here here

Jim.

choppa
17-10-2006, 05:19 PM
have a look at this thread,,,,,,,,

it'll only take a minute,,,,

makes ya think,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;) ;) ;) ;)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1160212006

maxwellson
17-10-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah it stinks alright
i always grab the floating stubbie bottles
and the plastic bags
gives me the @#$ts

while im here choppa,,,,
we only managed a few ok flattys on sat morn out from toorbul
bloody great place that backyard of yours
even saw 2 dugongs
big playground to explore ya lucky buggers !!!

Shitty_Master
17-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Gives me the shits aswell especially when the bins are 5m away from them at the end of the jetty, are you telling me they could 300m to the end of the jetty but not walk 5m to put something in the bin. I hate these people.

Duyz72
17-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I hate it when someone tries to basket ball their rubbish in to the bin only to see it bounce off or miss entirely.
Do they get up to pick it up and put it in?

Graham_N_Roberts
17-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Incredible how people can leave their rubbish layin' around. :-/I've seen a lady leave 3/4 bag of prawns where she was fishin' with her nipper on the jetty at Roslyn Bay. Now that, in my opinion is pure waste. What is she teachin' the little blighter? ... If ya don't wan't it ... toss it? :-/ Stupid >:(.

On the other hand I've seen people offer their left over bait to others in the area. That's is the Oz way. ;) ;D

Off fishin' for a moment, I can't work out the intelligence of some drivers, and passengers, who toss cans etc, out of their car. :-/

Yer have to wrestle with the rubbish, while yer wind down the window, toss the junk, then wind up the window again. :-?

Drop it over yer shoulder onto the back floor, and bin it when yer get home .... easier. :)

Gripe for the day .... feel better now. :D

stevedemon
17-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi all
mate i totally agree i always carrry a bin on board with a lining so when i return to the ramp or home all rubbish is straight in the bin have also pulled from the water Bottles, bags, of other di#kheads just leaving the Sh#t to be rapped around some one prop or place a hole in the boats same as people throwing tangled line over the side place it in the bin and take it home

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

aussiefool
18-10-2006, 03:45 AM
Right there with you Black Bass!! One of the things that bugs me the most is empty bait packets. They are usually teamed up with empty beer cans and smashed bottles. The rocks at Hastings Point are often littered with them. I take a garbag when we go fishing there now. The grotty buggers are s#*%ing in their own nest. And ruining it for all of us. When it's bait packets they can't blame anyone but fishos. I'm sure it is only a few, but gives those against us lots of ammo. #>:(

Here here I fish Hastings Point most days and the amount of rubbish on the rocks is unreal some days >:( >:( :'(
Funny thing the rubbish always shows up on a Sat,Sun or Monday morning, the weekend heros at it again.

PS. I don't use bait only lures and 4am is to early to start drinking
PPS. Kim if your ever down there early morning and see a light blue ea falcon with a couple of fat blokes on the rocks come on over and say g'day

Feral
18-10-2006, 05:17 AM
Used to be real conchie, cleaned up the rubbish when I spotted it, but with the dump fees and limited size household bins, I dont do it so much anymore. (I have a family of 5, so my 125l wheelie bin is always full come bin day)

people are pigs!

choppa
18-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Right there with you Black Bass!! One of the things that bugs me the most is empty bait packets. They are usually teamed up with empty beer cans and smashed bottles. The rocks at Hastings Point are often littered with them. I take a garbag when we go fishing there now. The grotty buggers are s#*%ing in their own nest. And ruining it for all of us. When it's bait packets they can't blame anyone but fishos. I'm sure it is only a few, but gives those against us lots of ammo. #>:(

Here here I fish Hastings Point most days and the amount of rubbish on the rocks is unreal some days >:( >:( :'(
Funny thing the rubbish always shows up on a Sat,Sun or Monday morning, the weekend heros at it again.

PS. I don't use bait only lures and 4am is to early to start drinking
PPS. Kim if your ever down there early morning and see a light blue ea falcon with a couple of fat blokes on the rocks come on over and say g'day

i can recall a trip to botany bay with the late father in law,,,, wind was blowing its guts out,,,, so off to the early opener,,,,

first beer was a bit rough,,,,, but before we ordered the second,,,, a bloke came in with a trolley of chook trays,, and started raffling em,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D

there was 6 of us in the squad,,,,,, and we were the only ones in the pub,,,,, ;D ;D ;D

needless to say what we all took home

Dirtysanchez
18-10-2006, 02:17 PM
About 6 years ago I lived in South West Sydney for a while & one day tried to launch my boat into the Georges River from an area called Georges Hall. I had a large fuel tank so the objective was to motor to Botany Bay for an adventurous day and hopefully catch a few.

Backed the car / trailer down, BANG.. WTF was that ? Oh.. a fridge dumped into the water from the ramp, bugger, move that, found a bumper bar from a car, sunken log, crap like maccas wrappers, man this place is a TIP I says to my mate.

Got it all sorted and we were on our way, BANG again, cavitating engine etc, hit some other sunken sh1t - OMG I think, will we ever make it ?

People use rivers and ramps as a dumping ground because it is closer and cheaper than taking their stuff to the rubbish tip.

As has been said, too much stuff gets left behind when people fish too, line, lure packs, bait packs, beer bottles and smoke packs / butts

Come on Australia, pull the finger out !

Great_White
18-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Nothing worse than seeing rubbish in the water or around the ramps. The problem is its the few that give the many the bad name #>:( >:( >:(

There would not be a person on ausfish (that I know or have met) that would dump rubbish at the ramp or into the water.

Peter #:(

moondancer
18-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Couldn't agree more! Lazy bastards! Years back, one of the most successful ad campaigns was the Clean Up Australia one - reckon the govt. should get back to this!

Lawry

sleepygreg
18-10-2006, 11:00 PM
I kn ow Ian Kiernan personally.....he instigated the clean up australia campaign. It is still going strong...........just takes a few dedicated ppl to keep the party ragin...........i always pick up garbage and put it in the bin near my fishin spots............the next outboard of mine thats get cooked by a plastic bag wont be the first!!!!!!!!!!! >>>grrrrrrrrrrr

GREG

flatstrap
19-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Went slightly offshore last week and my first catch was a yellow Tonka dump truck bobbing along about a km from shore (near Burleigh Heads). I netted it without much trouble. Gave me a hell of a fight until I managed to subdue it with brute force. Just kidding. The little kid across the road now owns it.

Wonder how it made the offshore trip?

flatstrap

bidkev
19-10-2006, 05:15 PM
There would not be a person on ausfish (that I know or have met) that would dump rubbish at the ramp or into the water.

Peter :(

I've tried to leave the deckie there a few times but she keeps finding her way back home ;D

kev

The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity. (Sir. Winston Churchill)

Great_White
19-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Kev LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I bet she wasn't looking over your shoulder when you punched out that post on the keyboard.

Peter :)

Poodroo
19-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I've tried to leave the deckie there a few times but she keeps finding her way back home ;D

kev

The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity. (Sir. Winston Churchill)

Wrong sort of bag I think Kev. We were referring to the plastic variety. ;D

Poodroo

favourite_whiting
20-10-2006, 04:31 PM
[smiley=whip.gif]
those people who spoilt the environment of throwing rubbish everywhere
[smiley=whip.gif]

When I see any plastic bags, butts, etc I had to pick it up and throw in rubbish bin to keep environment clean, clear & safe

Happy life of fishing
favourite_whiting ;)

el_carpo
21-10-2006, 07:36 AM
It drives me mad to see garbage left by fishermen! There are few better ways for us to shoot ourselves in the foot than to leave a mess and possibly a DANGEROUS mess behind. Hooks, fishing line, bait containers, beer bottles or cans, cigarrette butts, etc. No excuse for it.

I once saw a Canadian goose that had its leg mangled by discarded fishing line. The line wrapped around its leg and was so tangled and tight that it actually cut into its flesh and rendered the leg useless. I got off as much of the line that I could but I couldn't do anything to help it. Not good.

I make it a point to take a small garbage bag with me whenever I go fishing so I can pick up after the stupid SLOBS. It burns me up to do it, but if I didn't, the public would think that all of us fishermen and women are SLOBS. Sadly, I ALWAYS fill the bag with garbage.

Just imagine what would happen if some little kid got a rusty fish hook stuck in his foot! Do you think the P*TA mob would have a field day with that? You bet your butt they would!

Grrrrrrrrrr. >:(