PDA

View Full Version : Tassie January

rtranter
22-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Will be in Tassie for a week in Jan, 15th to 22nd, any hints help on where to have a fish would be greatley appreciated, don't mind fresh or salt will be taking my Trout gear though.tart at Launceston and finish in Hobart probably travelling east coast mainly?
regards
Rob [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

PlasticFantastic
22-10-2006, 01:12 PM
I spent 11 years in Tassie and if you like catching Flathead you'll be right. Just fish the same way you would here. Along the east coast you can get some good Australian Salmon and alot of the rivers on the east coast hold Black Bream to 3kg :o. If you're into land based game there's the whole Tasman Peninsula to explore with Tuna being the main target. Just wish I was old enough at the time to be able to better explore Tassie's fishing.

Also don't eat anything you catch from the Derwent River ( the river Hobart is on ) it's to polluted, although it's better that it used to be.

PlasticFantastic

Grand_Marlin
22-10-2006, 01:42 PM
G'day Rob,

I will be down there at the same time.

Maybe we could catch up for a fish?

Cheers

Pete

blaze
22-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Might have to make this a mini M&G
cheers
blaze

rtranter
22-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Haven't discussed anything with the beast of burden >:(,(sorry darling) ;D but I'll definetly be trying to go at least once, Mini M&G sounds good.
Rob 8-) [smiley=beer.gif]

hungry6
22-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Hrrmmm, I was thinking of heading down there between late dec to mid jan for holiday, and was thinking about packing some fishing gear, in search of some salmon and other tasty critters"thinks crayfish"

rtranter
22-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Never fear that beast of burden, what a great girl [smiley=gorgeous.gif] no wonder we're still a couple. Just got the nod to go for a fish for a day while we're down there [smiley=2thumbsup.gif], just have to work out which one and where.
Those critters sound the go as well.
Mmmmm Tassie crays!
Regards
Rob 8-) [smiley=happy2.gif]

Grand_Marlin
22-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Ok, mini M & G it is ;)

Hungry, we can discuss boats at the same time ;D

Rob, she must be a good woman letting you go fishing on one day.

Mine is better though ... I am there for 2 weeks and can go fishing every day ;)

Cheers

Pete

snelly1971
22-10-2006, 07:17 PM
If you come down the west coast to strahan i would be more than happy to take you craying or deep sea fishing...cheers mick

Grand_Marlin
22-10-2006, 08:22 PM
And i could fit the new sounder for you Mick ;)

rtranter
23-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Mayhaps I see if she'll extend the trip to 10 days and fish a bit more, Strahan?Deep Sea?Craying? well what more could you ask for ;D. I'll have bit more of a serious chat with her and try to organise our Itinerary. Yeh Grand_Marlin she's a good woman, She goes to work and I saty at home, can't complain toooo much.

Rob. 8-)

hungry6
23-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Do we get to catch trumpeter as big as the one you hold?
I'm currently looking at " The Henry Jones Art Hotel" it's in hobart, so how far is that from the west coast, as I'm not too sure exact where all this is, maybe hire a car and scoot around.

Grand_Marlin
23-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Snelly,

Stick 'em onto a few crays, some ab's, a couple of stripeys and an atlantic salmon ... then we will see how good they really think the fishing is in Queensland ;D

Cheers

Pete

rtranter
23-10-2006, 08:16 PM
About 300k's westnorwest, or not so far as the crow flies, I'm in, the war lord says to good an offer to miss out on and I appreciate the offer snelly, don't you worry about that :). We lobb at Launceston on the 15th Jan then head over to Devenport to see mums sister then down to Strahan. So I'm hoping the 16/17th. will confirm as it gets closer and more discussion held with all. They certainly are big trumpeter. What are they?And Pete, as yet to catch Decsent fish in Q/land, probably due to fact I haven't fished there much, actually buggerall, hopeing to have that rectified asap ;) Actually haven't fished much anywhere :-[
regards
Rob 8-)

blaze
23-10-2006, 08:51 PM
sounds like strahan is the go, a weekend would be good for me but can possible work on other times to suit others.
cheers
blaze

bugman
23-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Gents,

How can I let a M&G at Strahan pass me by ;)

Admittedly I will have a 3 week old by that time so can't confirm commitment but I'll try.

Brett

rtranter
23-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Ah Bugman,
We're all trying, just ask the girls?
But if you get there it'll be good.
Rob 8-)
Dam when am I going to get off this and go to bed :o

Grand_Marlin
24-10-2006, 07:09 AM
If the weekend is only suitable for Blaze, then how about the 20th of January?

I get in on Sat 13th, so that weekend is out for me.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Pete

ps Rob - the fish he has are Stripey trumpeter or Tasmanian trumpeter ... more affectionately known as stripeys

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Sorry Fella`s been on a fishing trip....yep...stripey TRUMPETER.....one of the best eating and fiting fish in the sea....YUM YUM....I added a picture for you`s to drool over....

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Oh i just can`t help but tease....

blaze
26-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Hi Snelly
days like that dont happen to often now but we used to get a catch like that with the ring nets up the coast a bit a sandy cape a few years ago. Now they have gotta be the best eating fish in the sea bar none
cheers
blaze

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Have to argue with you there Blaze...if we get it calm enough here...that is our normal catch....got a few secret spots...and one great secret weapon...haha...its called a home made pot/ cray ring hauler....poor buggers have no chance....

rtranter
26-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi all
can't stop my mouth watering,
Still waithing on the boss to decide where and when she wants to go, but will hopefully make the 20th if thats whats happening.
Cheers
Rob 8-)

hungry6
26-10-2006, 02:30 PM
HRMMMM, I'm going to chat to GM as to when we'll all be able to meet up over the next couple of week.
Also I have never hooked an atlantic salmon, but would a 2 piece 3kgs outfit with sustain 4000 suffice?

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 02:41 PM
;D ;D ;D ;DHook an Atlantic Salmon...those things are a pest here...the farms usually loose thousands and i mean thousands at a time....last time was nearly 80-100k lost into the harbour....so we use them for shark bait....yuck..yuck...stinking salmon..