PDA

View Full Version : Why are people obsessed with Secret Spots?

Mullet_Musketeer
26-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Just wondered does anyone else feel like me about secret spots. I don't see the point in keeping them secret. I always say where I catch fish and when and on what as I hope that others will have the opportunity to do the same. After all I cannot fish everyday and half the fun is moving around trying and finding new places and hearing about others experiences in the same locations. Usually I find that with a bit of persistence you will get good fish at both over fished and under fished spots - although as a general rule the harder it is to reach the easier it is to catch a fish.

Fish move around and if its a good spot even after a good catch fish numbers refresh with almost every tide - so why does everyone keep them secret?

shayned
26-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Any number of reasons, partly to stop increased fishing pressure in an area that usually you've put in a lot of hardwork to locate and or work out and partly because not everyone respects an area the same way, personally I like fishing in a spot not covered in crap and vandal damage. Ocassionally I access no go areas and find if I carry on in an appropriate manner a blind eye gets turned, if there are mobs of people showing up and or not treating it with respect, the powers that be no longer turn a blind eye and then no more access.

That said I help people out with info when I can I just generalise if needed, if someone is keen enough they will work it out and they can't be bothered then they prob. don't desrve the info.

Is this too hard? :-/

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Stripey Trumpeter are not rare in our waters, but... and that is a big but , to catch a stripey over 10kg is...so after spending several years and including probably thousands of dollars in fuel searching for and now finding a secret spot...there is no way that i am going to let every tom , dick , and harry know where it is....I recently let a mob of blokes from a near-by town follow me out to catch a couple,...with them being told that it is to be kept a secret...ha-ha....my phone rang hot for a week with people asking me for the GPS coordinates...so...now ...to the hell with them all....I have no problem taking anyone fishing to any of my spots..being secret or not...but if i catch them with a GPS in there pocket then they would probably end up being put through my burly pot >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

But i will always give advice to anyone what to look for or what depth to target certain species....I have no problem in helping anyone to this point, just the lazy ...greedy pricks who dont live in our pristine little place...They may have over fished...and recked there own back yard ...but wont be doing it to mine....
Strahan on the west coast of tassie is probably one of the best managed fisheries in the whole of Aust and i plan to keep it that way....we have people coming from all over the state now to fish here because the east/north coasts are over fished , I dont mind them coming but alot of them seem to do the wrong thing....and not care....

JasonT
26-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm with Snelly on this one.... Happy to take someone out to any of my spots, even happy to let them mark it on their gps!
Cannot bring myself to share GPS marks or location info in a public forum like this though!
Not because I'm worried about the spots being "fished out" or anything like that, as MM says, the fish move between spots anyway..
I just don't like the idea of getting up early one morning, getting out to a spot and finding a dozen boats already out there..
Most of my enjoyment of fishing comes from the peace and tranquility of floating about the bay! The fish i catch are the icing on the cake!
If I've posted a report and you'd like to know a more exact location than described, PM me.. You may get an answer :-)

JT

finga64
26-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I just don't like the idea of getting up early one morning, getting out to a spot and finding a dozen boats already out there..
Most of my enjoyment of fishing comes from the peace and tranquility of floating about the bay! The fish i catch are the icing on the cake!
If I've posted a report and you'd like to know a more exact location than described, PM me.. You may get an answer :-)

JT
These fellas hit the nail bang on the head.
Nothing worse then sharing spot X with a couple of friends and turning up one morning and finding out it's Central Station's co-ordinates.
A lot of guys from here have given me points or spots to fish (some really good, some SUCK big time, ta mates??? :)). At least they know I have no mates to share them with. ;)

P.S. The bad spots can more then likely be directly attributed to my inability to fish :'(
...Or the people giving them to me are still laughing sending me on a wild goose chase ;)

P.P.S.
I remember Snappa giving out his super duper secret spot X that never fails last year. Must be about time you post it up again Snappa or has anybody else got it???

Cheers Scott :)

Duyz72
26-10-2006, 04:43 PM
When you spend a lot of time in the boat on the water, you start to rack up some empty days. Then you decide to try and find some new spots because when you rock up to a spot only to find a dozen boats all within 10m of each other.
So you really do want to hold on to those ones you know and are less likely to be crowded.

How many times do we hear someone anchoring up on your drift, or cutting in on your drift run, or anchoring down current to take advantage of your burley trail? [smiley=angryfire.gif] Very annoying!

I like to see a good 100-200m between boats at least, so if you do hook up to something worthwhile you aren't going to get tangled with some clown or busted off on some fools anchor!

Ideally, no one around for miles.

T1
26-10-2006, 04:50 PM
No point repeating what's already been stated above! #Totally agree and i operate on a 'share basis'. #I'll take someone out to show a spot if they take me out and show me a spot. #I think that's pretty fair as it's fairly hot competition to land a feed these days and people invest many hours to acquire a feed/spots!

I think this forum already provides a sensational amount of information and assistance pertaining to tackle/baits/rigs/depths/tides/moons etc etc. I attribute a lot of my SP success to this site without a shadow of doubt!

Ultimately, you have to do some work yourself... Nothing like putting it together on your own! ;D

Take Care T

tunaman
26-10-2006, 05:01 PM
I think there are two kinds of fisherman. Good ones and the bad ones.
The good fisherman will find his own spots, and the bad fisherman will steal other peoples. I dont mind helping people out, but my spots are
kepted a secret. This has been done to me before!

signed tunaman

jim_farrell
26-10-2006, 05:08 PM
When I lived up north, I had a spot that only worked for one hour, two tides a month. Due to my work at the time I fished that spot almost every day for a couple of months. Caught a range of fish most of the time, but barra were there only those two times each month. I must have cast over a thousand times there and it was only the dates on the photos that put the pieces together.

To me I take pride in the effort I put in to work that spot out.

Same goes offshore. I have dedicated days to sounding for new ground.

I'm not about to give them to somebody who can't be bothered to do the same.

Jim

mat_anderson04
26-10-2006, 05:24 PM
becosue you dont want other people, to fish your spot the next time your there

onerabbit
26-10-2006, 06:43 PM
NUH, go & find your own spot,

I will give ANYONE directions onto reef off Ballina, & those spots will fish well on the right day,

but if you want some of my secret spots that i have found on my own, after many days of exploring, there are two ways, sneak up on me without me realizing or peg my spot on radar, both have been done to me.
I'm much more careful now.

Muzz

tunaman
26-10-2006, 06:48 PM
What a good post.

signed tunaman

finga64
26-10-2006, 06:53 PM
found Snappa's spot X
:)
I'm sorry if you didn't want everybody to know about spot X but it's too good a spot for one person to have ;)

tunaman
26-10-2006, 06:57 PM
LMAO. 8-) 8-) 8-)

signed tunaman

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 07:08 PM
I even had one of the jerks who i let follow me out diplay his buffalo head with the nice stripey he caught in a tackle shop in our nearest city...stating where it was caught....gee...so much for keeping it a secret.... >:(

DazSamFishing
26-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I think there are two kinds of fisherman. Good ones and the bad ones.

I agree... and agree with every ones input... I am always keen to provide information on different techniques to catch certain fish and information as to what to look for...

Essentially, I don't have many secret spots... In estuaries... like Gold Coast... and Northern Coast... you generally need to know what you are doing to catch a nice fish and where to start!

I just don't like people keep fish after fish after fish...

So when I hit the off shore scene... I will probably provide detailed reports on what rigs I have used and the general vicinity I was fishing in!

And as T mentioned...
you have to do some work yourself... Nothing like putting it together on your own

Daz

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Totally agree Daz...sharing information on how to catch them isnt a problem...but some people are just too lazy to get out of there own way....Really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when people are just too lazy to go and learn a bit about the area they are fishing in....Exploring to me is one of the fun factors in fishing...There is nothing better than spending countless hours exploring to find a good spot where no-one goes....and to reapt the rewards of a good catch from it...

Black_Rat
26-10-2006, 07:26 PM
If I had any spot X's i'd share them with my mates.

I consider all on AUSFISH my mates. #;)

So share the luv and PM me your spot X's #;D ;D ;D

Damo

Poodroo
26-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Well some things are worth sharing within reason. Can you imagine what it would be like if you shared your spot X with someone who shared it with someone else who shared it with the footy team drinking buddies and then you get one day off and decide to go out fishing in your favourite spot and it is busier than the Gateway arterial road during peak hour? :o :D ;D

Poodroo

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Im not trying to insult you Damo, but maybe if you had spent alot of time and effort into finding Spot X...then you may feel a little bit different...

moondancer
26-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Secret spot? What secret spot????

onerabbit
26-10-2006, 08:01 PM
We spent the October long w'end at Glenlyon dam for our annual fishing club freshwater outing, I was lucky in that Ida was out there a few days before me & found the fish, on our first day fishing comp, we did well, on the second day we had 40 boats around us, 2 boats on one tree & another asking if they could tie up, p!ss off.

I think it must be human nature but still gives me the sh!ts.

Muzz

webby
26-10-2006, 08:14 PM
The only "secret spots" i no are the ones that women like best, you should no that Lawry ;D
There's no secret spots in the bay, just anchor up anywhere and within 1hr you have every man and his dog next to you.
regards

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 08:27 PM
>:(You must be a PLACID person Muzz....I would Have dropped the tree on the cheeky buggers... >:(
Suppose I'm spoilt where i fish...not a great number of people living here.....you can go to sea fishing and not spot a spot sometimes....and we are the only really locals who deep sea fish our area except for those flamin Trawlers.....sooner they ban those bottom destroying boats the better......

Black_Rat
26-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Im not trying to insult you Damo, but maybe if you had spent alot of time and effort into finding Spot X...then you may feel a little bit different...

I'm hearing you smelly #;)

I sadly don't have the time to fish as often as I wish to #:(

Anyone want to pay me 100k to fish all week for a year #:D

Guess not #:P

Back to work Friday #:( #:) one day to get through too the weekend ! #;D

Will get the boat out soon #;)

Scalem
26-10-2006, 09:01 PM
My 2 cents worth.

Plastic fishos ( of which I am one) can't really call any area that they are found, as a secret "spot," as they usually drift, which really can mean an area the size of a football field. If a drifting Soft Plastics fisho gets a little narky about there being too many boats affecting the drift pattern, I think its a tall ask for him to claim rights to any spot, even if he has been followed out or observed catching fish.

On the other side of the coin is the bait fisho. Take a close relative of mine as an example. He bought a cruisecraft 685 with twin 4s 115 Yammies, and all the bells and whistles, probably 100K worth or thereabouts. He has spent many hours ( the Yammies now have 400hours on them after 3 years) looking for good spots, and marked them on the GPS. One particular outing, he took a guest out, and on about the 4th drop, the sounder came alive with Pearlies, coming over the side steadily. The guest reached into his travel bag and pulled out a hand held GPS, and without asking, keyed in the coordinates.

How do you feel now if you managed to anchor exactly right over the bommie you marked on the GPS 3 trips ago, and spent all that money and time doing the hard yards? This sort of mark fishes poorly if you are 5 meters either side of it, so sharing with another boat on the day is out of the question if you want to catch fish.

I have one such mark he willingly shared with me, and I have kept it a secret only out of respect.

Scalem

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a real prick Scalem...I would have rammed that GPS Somewhere where he would have got no signal.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Black_Rat
26-10-2006, 09:29 PM
My 2 cents worth.

On the other side of the coin is the bait fisho. #Take a close relative of mine as an example. #He bought a cruisecraft 685 with twin 4s 115 Yammies, and all the bells and whistles, probably 100K worth or thereabouts. #He has spent many hours ( the Yammies now have 400hours on them after 3 years) looking for good spots, and marked them on the GPS. #One particular outing, he took a guest out, and on about the 4th drop, the sounder came alive with Pearlies, coming over the side steadily. #The guest reached into his travel bag and pulled out a hand held GPS, and without asking, keyed in the coordinates.

I feel sorry for them (to pull out a GPS & punch that mark in ?), that is clutching at straws when you have nothing #;)

No offence, but that is an ankle !

Scalem
26-10-2006, 09:52 PM
My 2 cents worth.

On the other side of the coin is the bait fisho. #Take a close relative of mine as an example. #He bought a cruisecraft 685 with twin 4s 115 Yammies, and all the bells and whistles, probably 100K worth or thereabouts. #He has spent many hours ( the Yammies now have 400hours on them after 3 years) looking for good spots, and marked them on the GPS. #One particular outing, he took a guest out, and on about the 4th drop, the sounder came alive with Pearlies, coming over the side steadily. #The guest reached into his travel bag and pulled out a hand held GPS, and without asking, keyed in the coordinates.

I feel sorry for them (to pull out a GPS & punch that mark in ?), that is clutching at straws when you have nothing #;)

Not sure I follow your Lingo Damo, what is an "ankle??" Snelly1971 has it about right, the Guest nearly swam home from Cape Moreton or thereabouts.

Whether you get spot X's from anyone or not mostly depends on you and your attitude toward the giver. No appreciation, no get! ;) ;)

Scalem

T1
26-10-2006, 10:00 PM
There's no secret spots in the bay, just anchor up anywhere and within 1hr you have every man and his dog next to you.
regards

Hey Brian, that only happens to you!!

I for one am constantly on the lookout for your boat!!! May i suggest you dress yourself and the boat in a black Burka (so as to hide your identity of course)... :P ;D

Funny story though, 2 trips ago with ADAMY, we bagged out at Wello in 2.5hrs. So we spent the rest of the morning drifting looking for some new ground and just enjoying the morning chatting away on the water. We passed this bloke who was anchored with his girl and while passing him, he landed what looked like a reasonable Squire. I can't begin to explain the effort he went to look inconspicuous with a regularly glancing eye towards us to ensure we didn't see what he'd just caught! Little did he know that we were sitting on an esky with a full quota!! It was quite funny at the time and we had a good chuckle over it...

Take Care T

Big_unit
26-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I have told people the general area where good fish are caught BUT I will never ever go into specifics eg; tide, time, bait, lure or any other variable for the simple reason that I went out and worked it out and so can you.

Some things are sacred and will remain that way, to the point if Im on a fish and a boat approaches me at a special spot I drop the rod down so they cant see, even if it means I lose the fish.

I made a mistake of showing two next door neighbours from Cooloola Cove a very special spot X, now everytime I go there it has up to 5 or 6 boats fishing it and Ive even seen pro's there. Before I showed them I had never seen another boat let alone a pro.

I occassionally get members ask me about the Straits and I tell them I will meet up with them for a fish but for some reason no one ever takes me up on the offer. If the member seems like a smart sensible operator then they get good info in person but never via a pm, phone call or email.

Cheers
James

Great_White
26-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I would like to tell you all but it's a SECRET #;D ;D ;D ;D

I got to be honest, I have no spot x's , ABC, 123's or any other such. I agree that if you go fishing with someone who it good enough to invite you along and share a spot with you that you don't pass it around to all.

But I do believe in sharing info and am thankful to the people on ausfish who have taken the time to point us in the right direction for a chance at a feed. #:) :) :)

I think that just because the fish were in spot x yesterday doesn't mean that they will be there tomorrow.

Peter #;)

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Scalem ....Damo lingo isnt hard to follow its an old saying an ankle is lower than a C#$%......And I must agree totally that those sort of people make my BLOOD curdle..... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Adamy
26-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Just think I'll add my two cents to this....

I think theres two, possibly three sides to this...

Firstly landbased - yes if its a out of the way secluded type of spot - never - ever tell anyone - once made the mistake of taking a couple of work mates (who were of a certain persuasion) to a freshwater spot where I used to catch Bass next I know they have hoards of people there every weekend.

If its a public Land based spot like the seaway rock walls - then theres no secret or special spots there - anyone can show up at any time - so I'm happy to share what I know.

For me the same basic rules apply for the boating public well known spots like Wello point, Peel etc - happy to share - there are no hard and fast direct spot x's there anyway - just pull up and fish amongst the other boats who frequent this area.

If however theres a spot in the middle of nowhere that you've found by yourself and its a smallish type reef - then keep it to yourself.

But as for the public places that everyone knows - I have no problem sharing cause one day is better than another and fish can swim. I dont think anyone would call the carpark at Mud a secret spot x even though it's some peoples favorite place to fish.

Anyway - just my opinion on sharing and not sharing... I have found that people have different skill levels anyway - Just because you know a spot - doesnt mean you can extract fish from that spot. Ask T... he usually outfishes me - same gear same plastic... but his rod usually attracts the bigger fish (but not the last session... lucky me ;))

Adam

p.s Snelly... Nice stripey mate... where did you get it ;D ;D ::) :P

Kiktz
26-10-2006, 10:28 PM
<<<<<<<<< agrees with Webby,

Having the oldmans boat down at the goldy is painful to say the least.
i have been out so many times and have done hours and hours of searching around to find some fish. Thus far all told 2 Parrot, 1 Pearly & some small rubbish that have gone back. Even though I have done alot of hard hours I still wont ask for a mark off any one. Dont follow any one around.
What I have done though is hit a few charter stops but in saying all this I have found some really good ground that I think will only be a matter of being there at the right time for it to produce.

I guess what I am saying is that your spot is your spot, I tell mates a fair
bit about what I do where i go and have handed over spots with full knowledge that they are not 100% producing spots.

Still to me its a challenge............ I have seen alot of spots posted on here in the past and have not tried to fish one of them. Honestly what for I would hate as others have suggested to turn up to a spot that I have worked hours and thats not taking into account the $$$$ that the 200hp 2 str has chewed to find a bunch of blokes fishing on. I am just careful with what I do with marks.

Aj

snelly1971
26-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks Adam...caught locally here in Strahan Tassie...about 70 Fathom...see you can help others with info without giving Gps coordinates..

Black_Rat
26-10-2006, 11:22 PM
My 2 cents worth.

Not sure I follow your Lingo Damo, what is an "ankle??" #Snelly1971 has it about right, the Guest nearly swam home from Cape Moreton or thereabouts. #

Whether you get spot X's from anyone or not mostly depends on you and your attitude toward the giver. #No appreciation, no get! ;) ;)

Scalem

Black_Rat
26-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Ankle, ?

An anckle #is too foot lower that a ####!

onerabbit
26-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Cheers snelly,

I do pride myself for having a placid nature ( to a point), but fishing in the dam is different again( funny that it was another ausfisher that bombed us out),,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway.

It is a totally different story at sea, where I DO fish.

If I'm on a good pin & I see someone working towards me, I f i want to save the mark, I will either drift off it, or move.

Just how it is

Muzz

darebrizzyriver
27-10-2006, 06:51 AM
THERE'S SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT "MY FISHING SPOT".

I FISHED ALOT OF SHITHOLES & SPENT ALOT OF DAYS CATCHING 15CM BREAM & CATFISH LOOKING FOR THIS SPOT. WHEN YOU FIND A PLACE THAT HASNT YET BEEN FISHED OUT, SOMEWHERE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR MATES & SEND THEM BACK TO WORK ON MONDAY WITH TALES OF A GREAT DAY FISHING IN "BILLS SECRET SPOT". YOU FEEL PROUD AS THOUGH YOU CREATED THE PLACE. YOU GLOAT ABOUT THE MAGIC SPOT YOU HAVE.

THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN GOING TO YOUR SECRET SPOT & FINDING OUT 20 BLOKES ARE THERE BECAUSE SOMEONE POSTED IT ON A WEBSITE.

I SAY EVERYONE SHOULD KEEP THEY'RE SPOTS TO THEM SELVES. BUT IF YOU HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE WHERE TO GO, DO IT PRIVATELY.

GOOD FISHIN!

shayned
27-10-2006, 08:37 AM
The only "secret spots" i no are the ones that women like best, you should no that Lawry #;D
regards
Time for a new boat that nobody knows, Webby. ;)

finding_time
27-10-2006, 07:28 PM
There is no such thing as a secret spot!!! ( some are just less well known)It is a myth ,everybody has a best friend ! Simple as that! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ian

snelly1971
27-10-2006, 10:53 PM
I can see your point Ian.....But really true friends like mine keep there mouth shut...... ;)

Might also have something to do with me being 6 foot 4 and 115 kg... ;D

And the threat that they will get put through my burley bucket if they open there mouths about where we go.. :P

But when you have a good group of fishing buddies,....which we have :)....when why would any of them even contemplate running around shooting there mouths off :o...There is no harm in bragging in what they caught....is just where it is caught is a no go zone.....

Maybe its different for me where i live i suppose.....because there is not hundreds or even thousands of boats fishing here....maybe on a busy day we have 5-10 boats out....but that is once in a blue moon....that is why i love so much where i live...untouched...and beautiful......and very peaceful

Stumpy-USA2
28-10-2006, 12:36 AM
I have a rating system set up for all of the spots I regularly fish. It goes one through five. A one is a place where I occasionally catch a fish or two and a five is a place where I know I can count on getting a few quality fish every time. I'll give anyone a spot that is a one or a two. I'll give my friends any spot that is a three and most spots that are fours. Nobody, not even my own brother gets a spot that is marked a five. I have far more one's, two's, and three's than I do four's or five's, so I do end up sharing most of what I know. This system works well for me because sometimes I can help a friend in need and still have a reserve for myself. Also I don't get beat in tournaments by someone catching the fish I found. If I do get beat its because I didn't do my best, at least that's how I look at it.

Casey

Matthias
28-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Flick- Yeah mate I had a spot up North which only worked on the biggest tides of the year. I found it totally by accident and never saw anyone fish it even when it wasn't at it's best. I will never tell anyone where it is, simple as that.

Finding_time- No way mate. I have fished spots recently that are only accessable by walking through the most atrocious long grass/weeds/vines/spiky damn things. These are well off the beaten track and def no sign of anyone being there b4 me. Also need permission from the property owner, who recons he's never seen a fish in his creek. I didn't tell him that there were some absolute stonker bass lurking in almost every hole.

I learned my lesson when I showed a mate one of my spots and the next time we were to meet there he brought another mate along. I was annoyed untill this guy decided to take a big bass home for tea. I then became more than annoyed. Especially since it was a small creek with a small bass population. >:(

Pete.

el_carpo
28-10-2006, 04:53 AM
[smiley=curtain.gif] Yep. Sorry, but the best secret fishing spots and my super-duper-mega-ultra fantastic chocolate chip cookie recipe are going to the grave with me. ;D ;D ;D

It's one of those, "I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you" deals. ;)

PinHead
28-10-2006, 05:07 AM
When I lived up north, I had a spot that only worked for one hour, two tides a month. Due to my work at the time I fished that spot almost every day for a couple of months. Caught a range of fish most of the time, but barra were there only those two times each month. I must have cast over a thousand times there and it was only the dates on the photos that put the pieces together.

To me I take pride in the effort I put in to work that spot out.

Same goes offshore. I have dedicated days to sounding for new ground.

I'm not about to give them to somebody who can't be bothered to do the same.

Jim

I think you pretty well summed it all up in that post Jim. I estuary fish..I will gladly tell you where I get bream in winter..right on the exact spot...I will even tell you what bait I use...will I tell you what time of day/night? moon phase? winds and tides that work the best in those locations..probably not. It is not really the spot that makes the difference but knowing what prevailing conditions give the best results.

Mullet_Musketeer
28-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Well - I am glad this generated a good bit of dicussion and I should add a couple of things that make me more willing to share than most:

I am land-based so I do not put in the same fuel costs as the guys out in the boats do looking for fish.
I usually get to fish early a.m. weekdays when there is far less traffic around so I am less likely to find the crowds at my favorite spots.

I think the consensus would be that ausfishers share info that helps you catch fish - which is all good :)

webby
28-10-2006, 01:14 PM
There's also the art of deception, which is a necessary skill these days if you want to protect your favourite spots from
invasion by the mob. :-?
regards

hardb8
28-10-2006, 05:31 PM
LOL Cool thread,
# # # # # # # # # # # # #I recently had my Bass posts deleted because they were drawing too many questions.People wanting to know where.

Lures used,Retrieve styles explained and numbers and sizes were outlaid.But for some this isn't enough.They want the X without doing any work.

After slogging it out through the bush for kilometers,Fending off all sorts of critters,And fishless trips,Your honey holes become treasured.And are guarded with deception and cunning.

You only have to tell one person,The pyramid effect comes into play,And it's all over.

I have only two m8's I can TRUST.My mentor,And my regular offsider.

I'm sad and glad I deleted my posts.

Sad as I like to share my experiences and help people where I can.And I was enjoying it here,As we are like minded people.

Glad because myself and the offsider turned up at one of my secret spots today.No people,No rubbish and no footprints #8-).

We didn't see another human for the entire time we fished.The Bass on the other hand.....Were out off control......We both cracked numbers records.And he his P.B. Bass at 55cm to the fork #8-).The numbers were in triple figures for EACH of us #:o.

# Do secret spots exist? # # # # # Are they worth keepin a secret?

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #YOU BET YA BASS!

PinHead
28-10-2006, 06:00 PM
I am having visions of the old MAD magazine now..with the Spy vs Spy bit.