PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Boat Show

SCOTTYGC
24-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Anyone going to the boat show at the convention centre this weekend10 - 6 Friday & Saturday-10 - 5 Sunday

As i work at the venue i will have a good look around during the day on friday

heres a link www.goldcoastboatshow.com.au

scotty

Chimo
24-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi ScottyGC

Am thinking about it. Want to pm me re where the passes are?

Cheers
Chimo

boatboy50
24-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey Pete,

Ive got some 2 4 1 Passes which you can have. Not quite as good as a freebie! I will be there on Sunday by the looks of things at the moment.

Regards

Darren

strongy
24-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah i got a 2 for 1 pass i got from my boat insurance( like a lot of people ) i won`t be using if any body wants it ( free) save you $15 entry . I`m in Redcliffe .0423273607 cheers Stongy

Kiktz
24-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Will be going 100% need to go and bust some chops with the
old man about a new engine...................

If someone has passes that they are definetly not going to use
I would be interested in taking them off their hands

Cheer Aj

SCOTTYGC
25-10-2006, 08:21 AM
just a tip

they will be charging $5 for parking so i would park at conrads and walk across

scotty

Chimo
25-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Darren

What time sunday?

Chimo / Peter

Fat_Chilli
26-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I'll take some two for one's, if anyone has any to spare around the GC.

Cheers

FC.

boatboy50
26-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey Pete,

I will be at the show all day Sunday (working this time).

If anyone wants some decent watersports equipment or lifejackets come and see us at stand 213!

See you there Guys.

Regards

Darren

Adamy
26-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I have a 2 4 1 too.. Not near the GC tho I'm at Victoria PT. 45 mins (one way toward Bris) from southport pm me if you want them.

Adam

Duyz72
27-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Lucky me, the wife picked up free tickets so I will be going Saturday from opening at 10 for a few hours (then a fish if all holds well with the Wife :-* :-*)

Not sure of the circumstances just yet, but if the wife decides to go visit her friends (just up the road) instead of coming along I will have a spare ticket, so will let all know when I do.

Fat_Chilli
27-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Adamy - thanks for the offer.

Boatboy - thanks for the 2-4-1 ticket vouchers.

Duyz72
27-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Wife is coming - sorry folks, come up and say G'day if you see me with wife and kids in tow.

maztez
28-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Well Brett (Brejen) and I have just returned from the boat show and I must say how dissapointed I was with it all. To have to pay $15 entry as well as $5 parking to see what was on offer I believe is just a ripoff .
No wonder a few off the larger dealers of marine craft and accessories wernt there.Brett recons it was smaller than last year and I for one will not be going to any in future accept maybe the tackle and tinnie show in brisvagus.
cheers Terry

Spaniard_King
28-10-2006, 04:08 PM
yep Terry, I would have to agree.

Its too close to the brissy boat show to gather the attention it needs from the boating industry. I think it would have been better off being a fishing tackle show as the venue is just too small to get the range of boats in to stir up the interest factor.

probly walked passed you guys too.. left at 12:30 ::)

Garry

tonyp
28-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Can anyone please tell me if there is camping on display this weekend at the show. I remember last year there was.

Thankyou.

Loco_Pez
28-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Went yesterday $15 entry & $5 parking. Forget it ! Not worth it >:( >:(

maztez
28-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Seems like Im not the only one unimpressed by the show....Didnt see any camping as such however saw an ad on the idiot box pm today for a caravan and camping show in brisvagus this weekend with no entry charge at all . ;D If this is correct maybe these entreprenuers who put on these lifestyle shows should take a good look and adjust their charges accordingly.
By doing this their going to get a much larger audience .

Sea-Dog
29-10-2006, 07:04 AM
I was looking at going this morning.

I am in the market for a new boat and thought I might get a better deal at the show. (some competition)

I take it from those that have been there, that there isn't enough competition to produce cheaper prices.

Do I go, or do I stay home?????

Chimo
29-10-2006, 07:55 PM
It wasn't absolutely fabulous but also not a complete waste of time; after all there were boats and fishing gear there!

There were a few boats there not seen at Bne like the Sailfish cats and the Extreme plate 6.6 m ; some of the smaller pontoon setups would be neat estury broadwater canal bream whiting plaforms that could also entertain the family too?

The sea pen blow up boat storage system was also interesting, it uses a net between the boat hull and the waterproof membrane so we ausfishers can relax as no chemicals are added to the water around the boat as there is none as a bilge pump with a float switch pumps out all the water after the thing is lifted. It also pumps out rain (what ever that is???) if it gets into tthe dry bag around the boat. "Might even work for PinHead on TMD as it sinks out of site under water when you back out of it"

Thanks for the tip about parking Scotty GC and thanks Boatboy 50 / Darren for the 2 4 1 pass.

All in all not too bad a way to spend a bit of time on a quiet Sunday.

Cheers

Chimo

PinHead
29-10-2006, 08:00 PM
"it sinks out of sight"...more info please????

Duyz72
29-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Arrived before they started charing for parking, had free tickets too.
So the price was right that's for sure!

I wasn't overly impressed with the show, seemed to be four definite target markets.
Overseas purchasers, wake boarders, rich and famous and the weekender family.
Was a rather limited focus on the 'fishing' aspect.
I reckon the tinnie and tackle show will be better suited.

Sea-Dog
29-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm glad I didn't go - I found a likely boat purchase elsewhere. No details until I have a deposit down. ::)

Just need to arrange a few extra $$, then go for a sea-trial.

Then I can join the ranks of those moaning about the wind.

My wife moans about the wind - mine ;D

Chimo
29-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Pinhead

web is www.seapen.net.au

I was looking for a demo unit for the Vag to park it at a mates place but all he had was one for a bigger boat. :'(

Cheers

Chimo
PS Did you get to the Pin that windy Sunday? i didn't make it :(