PDA

View Full Version : Bream tournament in Ballina?

Sean
26-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Went for a walk through town today and couldn't help but notice the 448,999 Bream rigs flying up and down the river.
As all the fishers had on those fancy life-jackets I am assuming they were tournament fishing not just pre-fishing.
Where can I find some info about this t'ment and what fish were caught? Sean :)

onerabbit
26-10-2006, 04:50 PM
I think it's on this w'end Sean.

Any of the bait shops would have info on when & where I think.

Muzz

mat_anderson04
26-10-2006, 05:28 PM
the comp thats at ballina atm is the a.b.t grand final. look on www.bream.com.au for more info

onerabbit
26-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Hmmmmm,

guess they will have the big "live tank" with all the poor fish swimming around for days with their tails rotting off for our veiwing pleasure.

Muzz

nabs12
26-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey

Its the ABT grandfinal..
Today was the prefish day and they will fish friday, saturday and sunday.
i think the weigh in will start around 2pm each day.

Cheers

mat_anderson04
26-10-2006, 07:44 PM
# # Hmmmmm,

# # guess they will have the big "live tank" with all the poor fish swimming around for days with their tails rotting off for our veiwing pleasure.

# # Muzz
its defently not like that mate. They releace all the fish at the end of each day after the live weigh in

onerabbit
26-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Hate to tell you Matt, but my boy in Ballina high has already told me the tag & release thing happens on Monday, with their help.

Typically, the good fish will be kept for display.

Dont like it.

Muzz

Sean
26-10-2006, 08:50 PM
What time do they start? :)

Steve_Monckton
27-10-2006, 08:17 PM
G'day, I was talking to a staffmember at a tackle shop today and there were a lot of good bream and flathead caught today. Apparently there were about 15 nice school jew thrown in the mix as well. steve.

Fishin_Dan
28-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Ausfish's very own IanK is fishing in it. After day 2 he's sitting in 13th place.

Muzz - The people that run the ABT's are very concious of the fish, and I have complete faith they will look after them well.

onerabbit
29-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to be too critical,

just reflecting on some of the fish I have seen at the Evans comp.

Sniper
30-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Was the Evans comp run by ABT? I have fished a few Bass ABT's and the Bassin QLD series and have found them to be very consious of the condition of the fish. If the fish don't survive or are in poor condition, then neither do the catch and release comps. Have only fished one Bream comp and it was quite a few years ago but I suspect they would have the same high standard for the Bream comps. There are a lot more people at the Bream weigh ins so its in their best interests.
Cheers
Billyboy

onerabbit
31-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Charlie has told me that they tagged & released approx. 400 bream (& a few others )yesterday, & while about 1/3 of the fish had suffered fin rot, he said that all released fish happily swam away. :)

Muzz

Fishin_Dan
31-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Muzz - I spoke to someone in the know from down there, and apparently there has been a slight "issue" with the live tank. Don't know many details so not going to say too much, but from what I heard, the ABT are not overly happy about it... :-X

shayned
31-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Now if you just knew where the release spot was, hmmmmmmm ::) :-X

Sean
31-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I went down for the start Saturday morning, It was quite a sight seeing I Think, 48 souped up Bream boats all in the one spot.
Was also really interesting to note that 90% of the boats headed to areas I have not even explored yet :-[ :-[ No bloody wonder I hardly catch any fish!!
I made sure to check on the boats at regular intervals to sus out where they were fishing.
But they all claimed to struggle on the Saturday (I went to the weigh in).
Looked like a good comp but I think the fishing wasn't great for them. Sean :)

onerabbit
31-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi fishing_dan,

My original comment wasn't really meant to have a go at the organisers or others with the fishes interests at heart, merely an observation of the live tank I have seen at other venues.

Muzz

Fishin_Dan
31-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Muzz - It's all good. I haven't actually seen the tank, so all my eveidence is based on people I know. The tank itself is the real eveidence :P