PDA

View Full Version : TOUCH'Y NOT GOING TO MAKE IT

Jonno
12-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Just a quick letter to let everyone know that after the larst 3 months of constant operations Touchy's body has given up and the doctors have decided not to operate any more, due the condition of his internal organs.

He can still have a good conversation with him but the problem is that his organs are beyond repair.

I have never asked anything of any ausfish member before but i am asking now if you would like to see touchy, he is at the PA hospital in ward 4D. I think the most he is going to miss is the met and greets and getting together with all of his friends.

Thankyou for all your support and again thanks to Big D you are a true friend.

Jonno Wood

flea_350
12-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear about Touchy, Jonno he is a good man as far as I have met him and is a real battler. My regards and sympathies to you and all of your family. :'(

stevedemon
12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi jonno
only meet touchy at the pin a couple of times and was a top bloke sorry to hear the news and my thoughts are with you and your family

Cheers ;D ;D :'( :'(
Steve 8-) 8-)

fishin_till_late
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

take care touchy, allthough I never met you you sound like a really good person and excellent fisherman. Regards to all his friends and family, Im sure many people going to miss you touchy.

jono :'( :'(

marlinqld
12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
i am speechless..... :'(

Mike

Great_White
12-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Very sorry to hear that after all the fighting touchy has been doing to get well his body is giving up :( :'( :'( :(

Our thoughts and prayers are still with him and his family.

Peter & Janine :(

Poodroo
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Well that is sad to hear. I didn't really know touchy and by the sounds of it that is my loss. My thoughts are with touchy and his family.

Poodroo

bungie
12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
:'(

CQ_Fisher
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Jonno, sorry to hear about your old man, he's a true battler. I met Touchy at Agnes/1770 M&G early last year and i still tell people about his efforts of having his toe amputated just so he could make it to the M&G, what a legend.
My thoughts are with him and your entire family.

JD

nofrills
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
send our regards jonno

Like JD i meet touchy up at 1770 and he is a champion.

very sorry to hear
scotty

el_carpo
13-10-2006, 02:58 AM
Very sorry to hear Jonno. I've never met you or Touchy but your's seems to be a wonderful family. I'm sure your closeness will help you get through the tougher moments.

It was very kind of you to keep his Ausfish friends updated of the situation. Thank you.

My family and I will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless.

EC

choppa
13-10-2006, 05:22 AM
this is truly sad,,,,,,, and albeit that i have never met the man,,,, you can see by the responses that those of the Ausfish members who have,,, left with a positive and possibly a better outlook on life,,,

i have been undergoing treatment myself since december 2004,,,, and you get to see an ugly side to life,,,,

it just makes you wonder why all the good people suffer,,,, and the scum escape,,,,

my best wishes to touchy,,,,,,,family,,,,,friends,,,,,

choppa

Hornblower
13-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Like most of the others, I never met Touchy, but Jonno, you can be rest assured that he is well regarded and his enforced absence is sadly missed.

Please let him know that we are all thinking of him and the rest of your family, and you might like to print out these messages and take them up to him so he can see we are with him all the way.

Never having met the man, I would feel like an intruder if I went up to visit him, but I am sure that many who know him will pop in and say "G'day".

Keep us informed and if there is anything we can do, please sing out.

Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

bidkev
13-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Touchy came to my house one day. He was the first Ausfisher that I had met in person and he stayed a while and had me conversing as if I had known him all my life.

A truly warm character and battler who not once whinged about his poor state of health, despite my observations that he seemed to be in pain. He merely dismissed it as if it was just a simple incoonvenience to him. Whether he knew it or not, he was an inspiration to me as I had my own troubles at the time and his fortitude in the face of the cruelty that life had dealt him, made me think how paltry my problems were in comparison to his. He will be sorely missed and the fishing fraternity and indeed the world will be a poorer place without him.

My fondest regards to him, and my thoughts go out to his family and to all those who's hearts he touched. May what's left of his time be a smooth passage surrounded by those he loves.

kev

rowdycowdy
13-10-2006, 08:15 AM
sounds like touchy has led a life well spent he will be happy with all the love given and recieved.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

rowdy

gunna
13-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Couple years back while I was living in Sydney I was planning a short holiday on the Gold Coast and wanted info on fishing the Logan. I PM'd Touchy who organised for me to drop in to his place once I hit Qld. Over a cup of tea, Touchy provided me with pre-printed maps, appropriately circled with the prime spots, along with instuctions on tides/baits etc. Then took me down the back shed to show his latest successful lures and flys and describe how I should fish them.

Exceptional stuff from an exceptional gentleman.

finding_time
13-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Sad sad news Jonno :'(

All the best to touchy and family

Ian

themisses
13-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Jonno,
Thoughts, love and best wishes to Touchy and family
Take care Kim and Roo.

SCOTTYGC
13-10-2006, 01:43 PM
now that is some sad news

say gday to him if you are up there jonno

fred is great bloke with lots of good info to hand on to anyone that he meets

i was on the 1770 trip when he had his toe taken off before hand so he could go
i have a few pictures of people lifting him in to his boat i will post them later on when i get home

cheers
scotty

Big_Ren
13-10-2006, 03:15 PM
:'( :'( So sad indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Paul

charleville
13-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I have met him fleetingly once and therefore don't know him well enough to visit him but I sure hope that those who he does know will find some time to visit him.

Best wishes to him and to his very caring family.

graeme
13-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Dear All...
Just a quick update for those that know Touchy...I have just spent today with him and can report that there may be some light on the horizon, doctors are going to try another approach to save him...

He is still talking fishing non-stop! and discussing how many "pink bream" me and him can terrorize in the future..

He would really appreciate seeing some of his friends from Ausfish pop in to say Hi...

I am sure his son John will keep you informed as well with regard to developments...

Still need to say a few prayers to save my fishing buddy...too good a person to lose...

Graeme

stubbie
13-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Good to hear, hope he can pull through!!!

stevedemon
13-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi graeme
all our hopes and prayers go to touchy and lets hope the light is at the end of the tunnel

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

revs57
13-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Here comes the cavalry!!!!!

Get well Touchy!!!!

foggy
13-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Sorry to here the bad news Johno.

Foggy

bugman
13-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Johno.

I can't make it in to the PA but could you please pass on - well I'm not sure what - it's hard to put into words really - but tell him that the old bugger left an impression on me that I'll keep forever.

His fishing days may be over but he kept the passion alive through you and your kids.

Leanne and I wish him all the best.

Brett

NeilD
13-10-2006, 08:19 PM
This is really sad news. Touchy has been an integral part of the Ausfish community. I hope the new direction in treatment helps

All the best to Touchy and the rest of the family.

Neil

webby
13-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Just home after spending the evening with the old codger, and there's a big smile on his dial with the better news, still along way for him to go before they'll evict him, but couldnt shut him up the entire time i was there.
Bit hard watching the steak and eggs liquid form being pumped into him, so he cant wait for some solid substances to pass down his throat :)
He's not done yet, and still has that fighting spirit left in him.
regards

Poodroo
13-10-2006, 09:35 PM
It never ceases to amaze me the undying support this community of Ausfishers have for one another. I have seen so many examples of the Ausfish community spirit(including support for Shane Boese at the elections, Support for Webby and his dire situation with his business, and now for Touchy who is in hospital just to name a few), makes me so proud to be a part of it. Once again my thoughts are with touchy and his family. Would be great to have him out on the water again and seeing him posting his success stories here.

Poodroo

Big_unit
13-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Fight on Touchy, you can do it.

The whole of Ausfish is backing you mate. ;) ;) :)

Cheers
James & family

Black_Rat
13-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Touchy was one of the first blokes to send me a PM when I first joined up to this site for his cured baits, still have the recipie #:)

Meet him once drifting past one day down at the 'Pin' and said G'day and it was reciprocated.

My prayers are with you mate #;)

Damo !

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
13-10-2006, 09:58 PM
As I've said before, Sue and I have not had the pleasure of meeting Touchy.........yet. But we will one day! Keep up the fight old fella, and we'll keep up the prayers.

Cheers

Dave and Sue

maztez
13-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Touchy although we havnt met yet I am of the opinion that you are a one in a million bloke ,judging from all the members posts and I my wife and our family pass onto you and yours the bestest wishes and pray for a full recovery sos you can once more get amongst your beloved fish .
all the best mate
cheers Terry

Sportfish_5
13-10-2006, 10:22 PM
I dont know what to really say

Keep up the fight Fred prove em wrong mate.

rando
14-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Jonno
Please convey our kind regards to Touchy I feel I know him even though our only contact has been through this site

Get well soon Touchy, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Rando

blaze
14-10-2006, 12:11 PM
where there's breath, there is hope
My thoughts are with you Touchy
Keep up the fight mate.
cheers
blaze

moondancer
14-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your family touchy - we know what this is like - my old man is currently in ward 4E -

if you want to, pm me with his bed number & I can pop in and say g'day when I'm in - (everyday at the moment)

Lawry

hussy
14-10-2006, 09:04 PM
i never had the pleasure of meeting you fred , but my thoughts are with you mate, keep up the fight , and never give up hope,and i hope to meet you some day. peace be with you touchy. bob (hubby)

DaneCross
15-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Hang in there Touchy. This thread started terribly, the positive twist lends some hope. There's still some fishing days left in you mate, and plenty of pink bream to be caught!

Remo
16-10-2006, 09:41 PM
All the best to Touchy and Family, we are all with you!

Ray

subzero
21-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Any updates on how Touchys going?

Sometimes the outsiders can come home by sheer determination. I hope he can break the odds on this occassion.
Good luck Touchy

Cheers Lloyd

Poodroo
21-10-2006, 08:12 AM
What is the latest news on touchy? I hope that he is improving and prooving the doctors wrong.

Poodroo

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
21-10-2006, 01:26 PM
bump

fishingbarry
21-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Will raise a coldie and cast a "slider" next week for Touchy and his family while on Double Island beach.Hope the toughts while fishing will help him along.
Cheers
Barry

roz
21-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I really think you have a lot more M & Gs in ya Fred!!!

Roz.

redspeckle
21-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I meet Touchy at this years Tinny &Tackle Show #when came #to our stand to hand in his Membership Form A [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] bloke there
The team from TFPQ (The Fishing Party) our thoughts are with the family and hope he can pull through #this situation
Mitch

Sea-Dog
29-10-2006, 06:47 AM
On Nuggets show this morning (Sunday 29th Oct 06) a bloke rang up that was staying in the next bed to touchy.

He seemed to think that touchy was on the mend. Nugget also seemed to back this up.

We all hope that this is true. :) :)

Keep on fighting the good fight Touchy.

favourite_whiting
29-10-2006, 07:35 AM
[smiley=icqadd.gif] [smiley=icqadd.gif] [smiley=icqadd.gif]Our thoughts are with you and your family [smiley=icqadd.gif] [smiley=icqadd.gif] [smiley=icqadd.gif]
Hope everythings gets better
Love Duncan family.
Happy life of fishing,
favourite_whiting

aquarius
29-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Hang in there Touchy i know you can pull through.
Your a true fighter and those pink bream are waiting.
I'm praying for you Mate.

Brent

cuzzamundi
29-10-2006, 06:43 PM
i hope someday soon you are out again bending the rods, touchy. may the spirit of the mangrove jack be with you always - fight hard and long as you obviously are already! thoughts are with you also jonno.

sincere regards

cuzza

adriancorrea
31-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear Johno
Our hearts are with you Touchy keep up the fight mate
Johno any updates on Fred?

Tight Lines
Adrian

jimbamb
01-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Sorry to have never met him but somehow he seems to have touched everyone.includin me.Maybee thats why hes known as "TOUCHY".
Havin nearly lost my wife early this year i can really appreciate what hs family are goin thru.
All we can do is offer our kindest regards and hope for a recovery..Miracles do happen........
Hang in there Mate...