PDA

View Full Version : Windy weekend ahead.

Poodroo
27-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Well mother nature looks as though she has another windy couple of days in store for us again over the weekend according to seabreeze. Have to wonder why it always waits until the weekend to unleash the crappy winds. So who is up for a game of Monopoly instead? ::)

Poodroo

DazSamFishing
27-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I have always wondered why too Poodroo

I always have a look at what the weather is doing throughout the week and it always seems to get worse leading to the weekend...

Daz

yort
27-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Up here in townsville we are finally going to get some wind under 15knots, woo hoo! There will be a million boats out on the water as the coral fish closure has finished and it's the last weekend before the barra closure. I've had the last two weeks off and I didn't fish in under anything below 15knots, talk about frustration!

The_Walrus
31-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Wind no problems, just chase bass in small waters ;D

Luc

PinHead
31-10-2006, 07:19 PM
is going fishing this weekend..regardless of weather

Great_White
31-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Greg , no amount of bad weather can stop the Queen Mary ;D ;D ;D But I hope the conditions are kind for you ;)

Peter :)

Great_White
31-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I forgot to mention conditions are great as I am working both Sat & Sun this weekend #;D ;D ;D

1 st time ever I have had to work and it hasen't been a glassed out day #:D :D :D

Peter #:)

Great_White
31-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I forgot to mention conditions are great as I am working both Sat & Sun this weekend ;D ;D ;D

1 st time ever I have had to work and it hasen't been a glassed out day :D :D :D

Peter :)

Obi___Wan
31-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Poodroo

Now you can see what i am getting at with my WIND=WIND & MORE WIND post :( :(

After being away for two weeks up North and having my head blown off i'm, will it ever let up? >:( >:(

Coming back home and there is still bloody wind >:( >:(

Maybe wwe should ask tunaman to ease up on his diet of baked beans ;D ;D

I was serious about the bloody wind though :-/

Am thinking about changing my working week to Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue,

Wed & Thur off, work Fri, that will fix it ;D ;D

OBI_WAN

imnotoriginal
31-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Shh, if we pretend it's not going to happen it might go away :-[
Joel

Poodroo
31-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Poodroo

Now you can see what i am getting at with my WIND=WIND & MORE WIND post :( :(

After being away for two weeks up North and having my head blown off i'm, will it ever let up? >:( >:(

Coming back home and there is still bloody wind >:( >:(

Maybe wwe should ask tunaman to ease up on his diet of baked beans ;D ;D

I was serious about the bloody wind though :-/

Am thinking about changing my working week to Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue,

Wed & Thur off, work Fri, that will fix it ;D ;D

OBI_WAN

;D ;D Actually Obi_Wan I blame my mother in law. She could talk under water with a mouth full of marbles. ;D Maybe if she loses her voice the northerlies may ease up. :D :D

Poodroo

redspeckle
31-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Well mother nature looks as though she has another windy couple of days in store for us again over the weekend according to seabreeze. Have to wonder why it always waits until the weekend to unleash the crappy winds. So who is up for a game of Monopoly instead? #::)

Poodroo

Thats why they called this Boss's weather windy and crappy on weekends and come good Monday morning
Mitch ;)
ps I try head out for a fish after work on sat at 3 pm

Scalem
01-11-2006, 06:30 AM
I'll declare that there is no chance in Hades that Scalem's boat is getting out this weekend.

There you go!!! ;) ;) The curse has been lifted!! Should be a good weekend!! ;D ;D

Scalem

favourite_whiting
01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Shhhhh don't say any words about WINDS otherwises fishes
would hear it.
As am going fishing trip at South Currigee this w'end
Happy life of fishing,
favourite_whiting ;)

Chimo
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
It not going to happen!!!!
Chimo

tunaman
01-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Wind , Wind , Wind. Are you fishermen or not! You all sound like a bunch
old hens at a bingo meeting. ;D

Just find a place were the wind is that your back.

My Jonhson 70 is having a engine rebuild at the moment, and Iam stuck
doing landbase.

So stop complaining. Iam the one doing it hard. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

PinHead
01-11-2006, 10:35 PM
whinge whinge whinge..stop whinging about the wind and your motor and either row or put a sail up..ingenuity is all that is required.

tunaman
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
LMAO PINHEAD! Mate your right! I,ll just put up with my sad situation, and make the best of it. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

lattic
02-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Bring out the bass lures, and head up into the fresh.

Muz

Scalem
02-11-2006, 07:01 AM
whinge #whinge #whinge..stop whinging about the wind and your motor and either row or put a sail up..ingenuity is all that is required.

Good onya Pinhead,

I've read and heard about your queen Mary, I reckon my ingenuity might find myself gate crashing with your luxury liner next time conditions are too bad for the bay in my bathtub. ;D ;D Especially if the Herminator is providing lunch! ::) ::) ::)

Scalem

Poodroo
02-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Wind , Wind , Wind. Are you fishermen or not! You all sound like a bunch
old hens at a bingo meeting. ;D

Just find a place were the wind is that your back.

My Jonhson 70 is having a engine rebuild at the moment, and Iam stuck
doing landbase.

So stop complaining. Iam the one doing it hard. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

Mate my brother and I are keener than a lot of people. Not long ago we said "Stuff it, we're going out regardless" and we ended having Mud Island all to ourselves (Obviously nobody else was as stupid as us) and we caught vermin and undersized squire all day. Had northerlies blowing hard all day, waves crashing over the transom and we still tuffed it out against our better judgement. Wind we can handle but northerlies seem to affect the catch ratio which is worth whinging about. ;)

Poodroo

Dirtysanchez
02-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Tunaman, at least you have a boat, I am permanently land based by the looks of things :'(

I bought some SPs and am going to wade around the pine river on Saturday morning near the bridge, to try to convert myself to SP fishing.. I will probably snag every shopping trolley and tyre in the river, lose the lot and throw the rod and reel in the drink in frustration, but I will be fishing.. been too long between casts !

Poodroo
02-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Well Dirtysanchez we have something in common. I don't have a boat either. When I go out in a boat it is by invite only and it is pretty far and few in between. One day I will own a boat. Maybe we should get together and have a contest to see who can land the most shopping trollies. ;D

Poodroo

Dirtysanchez
03-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Poodroo, see you at the pine on Saturday morning then ? ;D

JasonT
03-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Dirtysanchez / Poodroo
I'm on the northside (Brighton) so probably a little out of the way for you Poodroo, but If you want to try snagging some trolley's from a boat PM me.
I head out most afternoons after work (wind permitting) for a few hours, and happy to have company so long as you don't mind being in a 3.75m tinny!

JT

Poodroo
03-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Poodroo, see you at the pine on Saturday morning then ? ;D

Gee, fishing for shopping trollies in thundery rain sounds like good fun Dirtysanchez. Forecasts are not good for this weekend but I may have to take a "raincheck" on it. ;)

And thanks for the invite JasonT. I certainly enjoy any kind of fishing whether it be in a luxury liner, landbased, or Tinny. It's all good and made even better when you have good company. Will keep the invite in mind when we get some decent weather. 8-)

Poodroo

staddie_local
03-11-2006, 02:14 PM
are, when the weekend get windy i try to if i can get to the main land and sneek up som of the local creeks. find few jacks etc in there great fun on sp and light gear.
les ;)

outsiderskip
03-11-2006, 04:53 PM
u call 10-15knots wind
are u a ckicken

pete

Poodroo
03-11-2006, 05:51 PM
u call 10-15knots wind
are u a ckicken

#pete

Well if you look at the date I started this thread Pete you will realize that it was not for this weekend but last weekend which was more in the 20-25 knots so if you want to fish in it go right ahead. ;) This weekend is just a little wet but we need the rain. Looks like a good DVD day tomorrow.

Poodroo

Dirtysanchez
04-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Jason, thank you mate, that is a great offer and I will take you up on that soon for sure.

I am heading down the pine shortly to flick a few SPs around, gotta get my camping gear sorted 1st though as I am heading off in a few weeks for some camping and fishing with the family !!! ;)

sharkboy7
07-11-2006, 10:59 AM
oh yer sick boys