PDA

View Full Version : UNLIT NETS ON CAPE GRAFTON CAIRNS

SNELLY
06-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Just after 5-00am ( just prior to sun up ) #Saturday morning I was rounding Cape Grafton Cairns when the boat in front of me slowed - what was in front of us was a net set by a commercial fisherman who has been operating in this general area for a long while now. Problem being the net was not lit and thus causing a hazard to shipping.

Wondering if anyone else out there has had the same problems with this operator.

I have reported the incident to the Boating and Fisheries Patrol.

Regards Snelly

seajay39
06-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't bother reporting as nothing gets done, >:(

I struck a unlit net in the Burnett River,That was set across the main channel at 6:30 in the evening. Gone_phishing Rang to report it.They Basically said it was my fault for driving 'undue care and attention'
Snapped the swivel bracket on the Yamaha cost $700 :-[
Make Matters worse they pro's the net belong to let my trailer tires down back at the ramp :( And didn't manage to get a salmon either.
Great night ;D

saurian
06-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Might sound harsh , but chop , chop , chop , chop .........

Dirtysanchez
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I was gunna say, dont you have a tomahawk in your boat or similar ?

Bunch of low lifes, why did they let your tyres down Seajay ? did they know you ran over their net or are they just turds ?

Russ

The_Walrus
07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Cause it's their job, their water & their fish. ::)

I've tried reporting now I just introduce the net to my mate Knify. ;)

Luc

devocean
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Thats alright guys I ran into a bunch of boats last sat night netting and they werent pros. They thought I was the fisheries because I had on a blue shirt for a while there I was Sh**ting my pants as they circled me silently very scary

saurian
07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Devocean,
Maybe we blame the easy target , but the result seems to be the same.

seajay39
07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
why did they let your tyres down Seajay ? did they know you ran over their net or are they just turds ?

Russ

They were there somewhere when i hit the net,but didn't have any lights on their boat either,
and there was only my car/trailer at the ramp.

Thing is, if they are do everything legally why don't they just put lights on their nets? :-/

I could of avoided the net,went on my merry way and caught a couple of their salmon :)