PDA

View Full Version : Huge Storms Coming Through

subzero
08-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Check out the lightning strikes. 1700 in 45 minutes.
2 major storm fronts classified as very dangerous at the moment.
If you live in Nth NSW all the way through to Maroochydore, its time to get those torches ready.
Good luck to those of you who may cop the worst of it... a lot of reports coming through of large hail, rain and winds causing big damage already.
Cheers Lloyd

rtranter
08-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the warning.
It hit here (Coutts Crossing/Grafton) around 2.00p.m. NSWtime hail from peas to tennis balls, luckily not too many that size, hail lasted around 30 minutes here at Coutts, Hope everyone fares well, no damage around my place yet to here from anywhere around Grafton.
Rob 8-)

Chimo
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Very nice rain front thru the sthern Gold Coast. Wettest Ive seen the yard for about 5 years water will no doubt be gone in an hour or so tho.

Except for the underground car parks that will probably flood again with the rubbish in the stormwater system.

Lots of lightning hits probably on Q1 but cannot see thru the rain.

Cheers

Chimo

imnotoriginal
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
There was some soaking rain at maroochydore when I was there earlier and lots of strikes, but there's nothing now, seems to have died off...
Joel

Fishin_Dan
08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Hopefully we get a decent amount of rainfall, and more importantly, that we get it where we need it!!!

The dams can fill up a little, and the creeks can get a good flush out... Get all those tasty morsels into the water to get the fishing fired up!!!

fishingjew
08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
well got hit here at southport could see and here the front coming bit of hail and strong wind then water pouring in the lounge room bugga thank god my boat was alright well time to get the ladder out and see what damage :-/

tunaman
08-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Thunder and lighting is going off at the moment. Windows are shaking.
Wide bay-----Fraser island.

signed tunaman

Poodroo
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I left Southport at 3:30pm today from my last port of call with work. Got outside and the lightning show was amazing and extreme thunder. It was close but not hitting at that point so I managed to get to my car and load my tools in without a single drop on me. Once I was in my car I had the threatening black clouds and large bolts of lighting in my rear view mirror. Enroute to Mt.Warren the storm cell closed in on me and I along with a load of other drivers encountered one of the most impressive deluges I have ever witnessed. Visibility became next to nothing and most drivers who felt unsafe in it decided to pull over. I kept a steady pace going in the Pajero and made sure the fog lights were on for safety. The strange thing was that I reached Ormeau and it was as if someone had turned the taps off. Roads were dry as a bone go figure. Sitting here at home the weather has closed in once more and I am enjoying listening to that much needed rainfall that many have prayed so hard for. It's fantastic. :)

Poodroo

tunaman
08-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Poodroo. This is why I dont use graphite rods.

signed tunaman

stevedemon
08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
HI guy's
don't know about the rest but it has only rained here in Logan for the last 1hr with no storm but good wind for the saliors or wind surfers
as for lighting have not seen any just a couple of claps of thunder nothing more
just hope the rain is hitting the dams and the farmers

oh well the fishing should be good in a couple of days ::) ;D :o 8-) ::) i hope as i am heading out tuesday or wednesday

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

staddie_local
09-11-2006, 08:37 AM
50mm fell over the rain catchment.. [smiley=laola.gif]