PDA

View Full Version : Should I make a beep?

Slient
13-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Gidday ausfishers,

Last weekend I spent hours on road and noticed many cars/4wd towed boats...
I just peeled my eyes to see if there's a stick of ausfish...

So far I found 2 on traffic but I was doubt if I do make a horn sound on the road...
I know many people hates hear this "Beep Beep Beep" on road...You know what does it mean "Road rage"

Would like to hear your comment if I make a beep to you with your boat on the road...
What would you respond to me?

I know different story if I wave to you on the boat at peaceful water... :)

Cheers
Silent

finga64
13-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Give the thumbs up and a smile on the dial and you should be right #[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

blaze
13-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Yeh, think finga has hit the nail on the head, its not the beep that causes road rage its the body languge that goes with it. The smile is a winner ever time.
cheers
blaze

tunaman
13-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Well truck drivers raise a couple of fingers and node the head and I think this is enough. Cause if you are driving along with a big smile on your face
and waving like an idoit, someone might think your high or a bit retarded. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman ;D

imnotoriginal
13-11-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah, the first reaction might be "What did I do????" but if people see a smile on your face or a wave they'll know it's all friendly.
Joel

marlinqld
13-11-2006, 10:32 AM
and waving like an idoit, someone might think your high or a bit retarded. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman ;D

LMAO.........i have had that look from people before when tooting and waving - the "who the hell is that lunatic waving at me like a wombat?" # ;) ;D ;D :o :-? ::) :-[ :-X :-/ ;D

tunaman
13-11-2006, 12:10 PM
:)

signed tunaman ;D

Duyz72
13-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe we need to come up with a hand signal (with more than one finger involved).

We can go the whole hog and create a secret handshake too! :P

tunaman
13-11-2006, 12:17 PM
;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

marlinqld
13-11-2006, 12:21 PM
hey duyz..sent you a PM mate

Mike

Poodroo
13-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Well I would refrain from beeping at least until I had some Ausfish stickers on the truck if it were me but once the stickers were on the truck I'd beep away like a possessed trucky. ;D

Poodroo

JasonT
13-11-2006, 02:09 PM
As long as you're waving and not giving me the bird I'd appreciate the gesture!

Look forward to spotting you Silent!

JT

JasonT
13-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Well truck drivers raise a couple of fingers and node the head and I think this is enough. Cause if you are driving along with a big smile on your face

signed tunaman ;D

A fairly accurate assesment in your case Tunaman?? ;D ;D ;D

JT

choppa
13-11-2006, 02:39 PM

signed tunaman ;D

LMAO.........i have had that look from people before when tooting and waving - the "who the hell is that lunatic waving at me like a wombat?" # ;) ;D ;D :o :-? ::) :-[ :-X :-/ ;D

this is true,,, i swear,,,

a few months back i hosted a staff bbq,,, cut a long story short,,,loaded up the truck with all the goodies,,,and off to work i went,,,

roughly half way up the bruce,, a car pulls alongside,,, tooting and waving,,,,i think,,, AUSFISH,,,(you cant miss me truck)

2 minutes later,,,,another car,,,,,tooting and waving,,,,i think sh!t,, a fleet of ausfish ;D ;D ;D

i kid you not,,,, a 3rd car,,, same scenario,,,,, i'm waving back,,, yeh mate,, how ya going,,,i'm great,,, safe trip off ya go,,, wave,,,wave,,,wave,,

get to work,,,,, the 3 eskys i had on the back are now 1,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D

dunno were the other 2 blew off,,, but i presume somewhere close to the first car tooting

tunaman
13-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Jayson! Yes it is. ;D and Ill be the one with combie and smoke pouring out the
windows and a big smiley painted on the front of it. ;D ;D ;D

Have you seen me before. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman 8-)

BrandonH
13-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Sorry Tunaman we already have a cheech and chong online ::)

Lol you guys crack me up ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Brandon...

BrandonH
13-11-2006, 02:54 PM
double post sorry.

Cheers
Brandon...

tunaman
13-11-2006, 02:56 PM
8-) 8-) 8-)

signed tunaman :)

fish_outta_water
14-11-2006, 01:04 AM
duzzy , dunno how well the secret handshake would go down blasting along the bruce , your timming would have to be good ;D

Kendall249
14-11-2006, 01:08 AM

signed tunaman 8-)

I've seen you then tunaman, just outside of nimbin ;D ;D ;D ;D

el_carpo
14-11-2006, 02:46 AM
No need to beep or wave. The handshake may be a bit difficult at high speeds. Instead, maybe just a simple secret traffic maneuver. Say, if you're on a bike you could.........

el_carpo
14-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Or if you're like most and driving a car or SUV.........

el_carpo
14-11-2006, 02:55 AM
That could be difficult to do while towing a boat though :-/. Maybe you should just give a beep and a wave.

finga64
14-11-2006, 05:22 AM

signed tunaman 8-)

I've seen you then tunaman, just outside of nimbin ;D ;D ;D ;D
My mum was born in Nimbin :-? True story 8-)
Must have rubbed off onto me. 'Junior' has a huge smiley on the side just like this :). Same colour and all :)
No really, she was born in Nimbin. Just ask her

finga64
14-11-2006, 05:26 AM
On a different note.
Is it me or are the Ausfish stickers a tad hard to see in the sea?? (that is unless you know the boat)

Maybe Steve should market some orange or yellow or some colour (that sticks out like the 3rd leg on Jack the peg) flags with the logo to put on top of the 27meg or vhf aerial just so blind old f-rts like me can see easily??

Cheers Scott
:)

blaze
14-11-2006, 06:34 AM
I reckon Steve should offer them in reflexive colors (like rd signs) you can get it in a few colors. At least you would see each other at night.
cheeers
blaze

marlinqld
14-11-2006, 07:02 AM
I like the pennant/flag idea, to hang off the top of the aerial maybe?

Mike

onerabbit
14-11-2006, 10:16 AM
All of the Ballina club boats wear a small yellow & black flag on the top of the arieal, (same colour as the smileys). Makes us very easy to identify at sea.
I already have stickers, but if there was an Ausfish flag I would happily add it as well.

Muzz

tunaman
14-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Mike marlin. I think your on to something there. How about a flag with
skull and cross bones, with the Ausfish tuna in the centre, and colour
the back ground with your currant Ausfish colours.

Just a small triangle flag that clips onto your radio antenna. :D :D :D

Sorry if I pinched your idea lads.

signed tunaman ;)

Slient
14-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Gidday ausfishers,

Thank you for your value comment and of course funny mentions...

Unfortunately I only wave and signing my hands (don't mention with offend language) by the communicate, my first language is Auslan, of course I do English as second...
I'm sure some of you never heard "Auslan" is the sign language used by the Australian Deaf and non-vocal communities under normal circumstances and without outside intervention.

Maybe I will make one beep and #[smiley=thumbsup.gif] when I see ausfish stick at road...
One problem you can't make beep beep beep when you see me on road... ;)

Silent

Poodroo
14-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey silent, you could always side swipe them off the road. That would surely get their attention. ;D Now really I was just kidding on that one. ;) Hey I like the flag idea too. We could all look like ausfish bevans good and proper. ;D ;D

Poodroo

tunaman
14-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Sometimes I cant beleve the bullshit you guys come out with. FLAGS.
You have got to be kidding. ;D ;D ;D

And lets not forget, WE SHOULD ALL GIVE A LITTLE WAVE TOO EACH OTHER. :-? :-? :-?
I know I like too kid around, but I have to draw the line somewhere. ;D

Sometimes I dont know who,s having who on. Tunaman looks at you all like a fish!

Your all good sports. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman :)