PDA

View Full Version : Next Radio Course 4th Nov @ Vicky Point

subzero
22-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi all, just a quick note to let you all know, the next Radio Course I have will be on the 4th Nov, starting at 8.30am and finishing at about 5pm. This includes the test for certification as well.
I can only take 10 at a time, 12 at a squeeze.... 5 spaces have gone already so if you want to book in do it now. This MAY be the last course this year, depends on how busy I get at work etc...
I have attached a pdf doc with the full details of the course.
If you are wishing to attend, send me an e-mail with your real name as well as your Ausfish nickname, my e-mail address if you dont already know it is in the document....

you will need to let me know which test you want to sit so I can order in the test papers from the O.M.C.
Have a passport photo for me to send away with your completed test papers Have photographic proof of your identity for me to sight and verify to the O.M.C.

Cheers Lloyd

Hornblower
22-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Will send you a PM Lloyd if it isn't full already.

Cheers,

Craig

Black_Rat
23-09-2006, 02:12 AM
Jump on it! #;)

I've been there on a course run at Vicky Point #by Subzero !

A great bloke, with more knowledge than you might think you'll need untill the shit hits the fan ! #;)

A course that is a must #do ! #;) , after you get you get a boat #license !!

How many of us know how to call in a "Mayday Relay" or when to use a "Secriutay'"or a "Pan Pan" call ???????

Damo #8-)

DazSamFishing
23-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Looks like something important to do... Ive sent you an email Lloyd!

Daz

subzero
24-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Gidday Daz and Hornblower, both booked in :)

Damo, if I ever go into bussiness, you are definately being hired as my publicity manager. ;) ;D Thanks Damo, I appreciate your kind comments.
Cheers Lloyd

finga64
25-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Did you get my e-mail matey??
:)

subzero
26-09-2006, 01:12 PM
You are booked in Finga :-)

Sorry fella's, anyone else

THE COURSE IS NOW FULL

Keep an eye out on Ausfish for the next one, I wasnt going to run another one this year but it looks like I might have to.... never even bothered to post this course on our own website this time.

Cheers Lloyd

marlinqld
26-09-2006, 05:25 PM
been told its a great course....my son sends his thanks for the course he did with you last saturday Lloyd

Mike

subzero
26-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks Mike, pleased your boy enjoyed it. Seems like quite a switched on young bloke, I am sure he will do very well.
Cheers Lloyd

marlinqld
29-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Young fellow rang the OMC this afternoon around 4pm lloyd.

Was told he passed 90% in each section, hes stoked, Thanks for looking after him mate.

They actuallu only marked the papers fropm your course last week this afternoon. He rang them at 9am this morning, and she hadnt doen them, but told him she would make sure they were done so he got an answer today.

Really nice people down there.

Mike

subzero
29-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I knew he would do well. Pass on my congratulations to him will you Mike.
Cheers Lloyd

subzero
01-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Just a reminder to those attending this course, it's on this weekend at VMR Victoria Point.
Did I mention, DONT FORGET YOUR PHOTO's ;) ::)

DazSamFishing
03-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Can anyone provide me with the address for VMR vic. point?

Council reservce... on which road?

Thanks

Daz

subzero
04-11-2006, 05:53 AM
If you get to the Cnr Colburn Ave and Masters Ave you have reached a T intersection. Look to your left at the intersection... you will see the pontoon/ramp, a tall Radio Tower and the building beneath it. (That is us).

If you were to turn right at the intersection that takes you to the Southern Ramp which is where the Ferry run's across to Coochie from.

Council Reserve is our physical address, sadly Telstra and Whereis have not deemed it nessecary to include the Northern ramp/pontoon in their databases, nor the road "Council Reserve", nor our premises.
Efficiency at it's premium. >:(

Regards Lloyd

skippa
04-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Lloyd,

Mate great job 2day .... everything was as clear as mud ::)
Nah, seriously good work, as you said I was suprised how it all came together at the end of the day.

So I've either passed brillantly or failed miserably .... its gunna be a long 2 weeks ;D

Thanks again Lloyd.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

subzero
14-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi all, just in case some of you have not heard from the O.M.C yet wether you have passed or not, I got your results today and all whom attended on the 4th Nov passed.... most with ease.

Well done and congratulations to you all, dont be frightened to use those radio's if and when the neeed arises.

Kind Regards
Lloyd