PDA

View Full Version : Yippeeeeeeeeeee!

bidkev
12-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Seems like I've waited months for this..and I have ;D The deckie is day off next saturday and the kids are itching to go....here's hoping.

kev

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.

finga64
12-11-2006, 11:09 AM
About time eh #;)
Bugger, already told my brother I'll help him move next week-end...but it's to Raby Bay....and mmm...a thought... maybe I'll put the boat on the airdock for him #:)
Hope you enjoy the day Kev #:)

Great_White
12-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I hope it holds for you Kev :)

I am not working so it normally is blowing a gail when I am free to fish :o :o :o

Peter ;)

Heath
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
You wouldn't think 100km would make all that much difference would you?

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/GOLD/grg.png?1163312314375

sandbankmagnet
12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Don't get your hopes up yet. That graph will change 7 times in a week.

bidkev
12-11-2006, 05:29 PM
You wouldn't think 100km would make all that much difference would you?

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/GOLD/grg.png?1163312314375

You wouldn't think 3 hrs would make all that much difference either! :o ::)

StevenM
12-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Just take the big boat out kev

CHRIS_aka_GWH
12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
tri-nations at lang park kev!!!! wadda ya thinking !

a night at the boxing.

The wolf & i will be there ringside.

chris

Obi___Wan
12-11-2006, 07:09 PM
G'Day Kev,

My young bloke often says, it looks good for weekend Dad, and i say, we'll just wait and see mate! as Sea Breeze can change many times in the course of a day.
At times it is just Bloody frustrating, builds you up and then dumps you.

It makes me wonder just what is going on, they say that during the Second World War, the weather chaps could predict with great accuracy, the weather over emeny held territory, even down to breaks in the cloud cover.

WHY CAN'T OUR WEATHER MEN AND WOMEN DO THE SAME??????????

Hope to see you on the water soon Kev.

OBI_WAN

fishin_till_late
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Ya shouldn't of posted anything Kev ;D

jynxed it for all of us

jono

dogsbody
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Best if ya just stick ya out the window bout 4am sat morn and predict yourself. Hummm wind light, fish on the bite, it's a GOOOEEERRRRR! ;D

Dave.

tunaman
13-11-2006, 01:00 AM
OH FOR GOD SAKE! Just go fishing. F--- the weather. ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

seatime
13-11-2006, 05:26 AM
G'Day Kev,

It makes me wonder just what is going on, they say that during the Second World War, the weather chaps could predict with great accuracy, the weather over emeny held territory, even down to breaks in the cloud cover.

WHY CAN'T OUR WEATHER MEN AND WOMEN DO THE SAME??????????

OBI_WAN

good point OBI_WAN,

during WWII accurate weather forecasts were critical, especially for the air-force, bombers needed to see their targets day and night. My old dad flew in a Mitchell in the Pacific theatre, most commonly up around New Guinea and places North.
The allies had an elaborate and extensive network of Coast Watchers stationed all over areas to the west reporting by short wave, Indonesian Archipelago, the Cocos, Christmas and even as far as the Maldives, to give up to date observations of weather patterns approaching.
Merchant and war ships in WWII were also compulsory weather reporting ships, carrying accurate barometers, barograph's, Stevenson Screens (wet/dry bulb thermometers to measure dew point) etc, this was then coded and sent to central HQ. All ships in the Indian Ocean reported, as the systems move East.

The use of volunteer weather reporting ships still plays an important role in supplying on-the-spot observations to the Aus Bureau of Meteorology. Similar equipment is used, precision aneroid barometers, barographs, screens, water temp and visual obs, etc , though now the coded report is sent by Inmarsat C satellite transmission, on a daily basis, if cyclones are near, 4 hourly. Quite a few Aus flag ships report, and overseas, most UK flag ships used to report, to my knowledge.

Satellites can't provide all the necessary data for what's happening in say, the Southern Ocean or the middle of the Indian Ocean, ship reports are still supplying very valuable data.

cheers
Steve.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
13-11-2006, 06:01 AM

signed tunaman

but he's a wwwwwwwwwwwwhitley-man now tunaman. Wouldn't want to get a chardonnay stain on the teak or even worse get the storm covers wet.

:-X ;)

there's a few jew around the pin at the moment kev - i know you know a certain hole that would be worth checking even if it did blow south and east

chris

fishingbarry
13-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Kingtin,
Did I see you sneaking out of Scarby habour One morning over the weekend?????
Cheers
Barry

finding_time
13-11-2006, 12:46 PM

signed tunaman

but he's a wwwwwwwwwwwwhitley-man now tunaman. Wouldn't want to get a chardonnay stain on the teak or even worse get the storm covers wet.

chris

Yeh and those hydraulic wheel chair access ramps don't like to much saltwater spray hitting them either

bidkev
13-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Just take the big boat out kev

She's gotta go mate................and a long way too ::) 210 litres of 10 wk old fuel ::)

kev

bidkev
13-11-2006, 04:36 PM
<snip>

OBI_WAN

Hope to see meself on the water mate ;D Saturday Shallow or Deep Tempest...........current permitting, otherwise Brennans and Hutchies.

kev

bidkev
13-11-2006, 04:40 PM

signed tunaman

there's a few jew around the pin at the moment kev - i know you know a certain hole that would be worth checking even if it did blow south and east

chris

Come on Chris..........play fair mate ;D..........only Chateaux de Cardboard Box for me, and there's no teak on the Sea Legend..........plenty of squid stains, but no teak. ;D

If it's a no goer then the Whittley can stay dry...gotta try my new leccy motor and them squidgy thingys up the Pine.

kev

bidkev
13-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Kingtin,
Did I see you sneaking out of Scarby habour One morning over the weekend?????
Cheers
Barry

No, not me mate. I launch at Nudgee.........trying to clear the channel for the rest of the boaties ;D

kev

Obi___Wan
13-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Kev, i guess you have checked out Sea Breeze today??? it appears to change on the hour [smiley=angryfire.gif]

At the moment Sunday looks alright but you can't stake your life on it >:(

Someone said stick your head out the window :-/ it's probably the best bet :-?

I see you reported a Threadfin in the Pine recently, wouldn't mind getting one of those ;)

And don't worry about Dr tunamans reply, just go ;D it's alright for him he can just step through that time portal he has, back to a more decent weather pattern ;D ;D

I see he has travelled back to Amity and the day of the Great White ;D ;D

I would like to see him shove one of those into one of his empty wine bladders ;D ;D ;D ;D

OBI_WAN

bidkev
14-11-2006, 08:26 AM
I would like to see him shove one of those into one of his empty wine bladders ;D ;D ;D ;D

OBI_WAN

He'd probably rip it's head off to make it fit ;) ;D

kev

BrandonH
14-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Lol good on ya blokes :D

Kev you got a lecky now mate? nice work 8-) If you do end up not heading wide send me a pm and let me know when your up the pine ;) I will be up there at some stage over the weekend if its blowing :'( otherwise the little 3.7 will be heading out the front of clontarf ;)

Cheers N
Tight Lines

Brandon...

tunaman
14-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Rip the sharks head off! What am I, SUPER TUNAMAN! ;D ;D ;D
Am I able to leep a great white shark in a single bound!
More faster than a speeding tuna!
Able to run faster than a greenie with a government grant.

NO! Its super tunaman. ;D ;D ;D

Come on bloke, give me a break. ;)

signed tuna,man ;D ;D ;D

bidkev
14-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Lol good on ya blokes :D

Kev you got a lecky now mate? nice work 8-) If you do end up not heading wide send me a pm and let me know when your up the pine ;) I will be up there at some stage over the weekend if its blowing :'( otherwise the little 3.7 will be heading out the front of clontarf ;)

Cheers N
Tight Lines

Brandon...

OK Brandon. It's beginning to look iffy atm so I'll let you know if it's the Pine.........might even be the Pin and seeing as you haven't been there, would you be interested?

kev

rtranter
14-11-2006, 08:25 PM
I had to read all the contributions to this comical thread before I could ask? :-?

Can you lot read those map thingies, :-[ and what are they anyway? :-/

Don't you just watch the news :( the night b4 then get up around 4 :o ring the weather and then go back to bed or fishing. :)

Whats this planning a week ahead rubbish, it never works! Does it? :-?

Hope the weathers good for you Cane Toads, and for me, as I'm off to Copeton Dam, Inverell for the Weekend, to jam it into some yellow belly ;) ;) ;)I hope :D C&R of course.
Rob 8-)

bidkev
14-11-2006, 09:08 PM
I had to read all the contributions to this comical thread before I could ask? :-?

Can you lot read those map thingies, :-[ and what are they anyway? :-/

Don't you just watch the news :( the night b4 then get up around 4 :o ring the weather and then go back to bed or fishing. :)

Whats this planning a week ahead rubbish, it never works! Does it? :-?

Hope the weathers good for you Cane Toads, and for me, as I'm off to Copeton Dam, Inverell for the Weekend, to jam it into some yellow belly ;) ;) ;)I hope :D C&R of course.
Rob 8-)

Rob, go here:

http://seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp

They're pretyy good. Not totally ereliable but the deckie works shifts and it helps her pick her days of......minimises the risk of her having a day off when the weather is really crap.

kev