PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin in brissie river

porl
08-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Well i am currently on the 15 level of a building at 111 George St, was looking out the window while on the phone and bugger me there was a dolphin down in the river outside QPAT doing what dolphins do, rolling in and out of the water etc.

Now I know that have been seen as far down as the story bridge, but not this far down far as i know.

The almost more amazing thing was when a large fish started jumping out of the water, it was clear it was being chased by the dolphin. The fish was large, looked a bit bronze and with a forked tail. Probaby a threadfin salmon maybe ? I have binoculors cause i like checking out boats.

Amazing thing was the fish was doing carthwheels on the water until finally the dolphin swam on to it and got it in it's beak.

Have neither seen the dolphin nor the fish since.

Wish i had a decent video camera, though it was a long way awayl.

Blackened
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
G'day
Well, thats a bloody good sign. Just a matter of time until the river is crystal clear again :P
(maybe 5000 years)

Dave

choppa
08-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Well i am currently on the 15 level of a building at 111 George St, was looking out the window while on the phone and bugger me there was a dolphin down in the river outside QPAT doing what dolphins do, rolling in and out of the water etc.

Now I know that have been seen as far down as the story bridge, but not this far down far as i know.

The almost more amazing thing was when a large fish started jumping out of the water, it was clear it was being chased by the dolphin. #The fish was large, looked a bit bronze and with a forked tail. #Probaby a threadfin salmon maybe ? #I have binoculors cause i like checking out boats.

Amazing thing was the fish was doing carthwheels on the water until finally the dolphin swam on to it and got it in it's beak. #

Have neither seen the dolphin nor the fish since.

Wish i had a decent video camera, though it was a long way awayl.

ummmmmm okay,,,just the boats,,,,yep,,,

and your in what line of work may i ask ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Poodroo
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey you weren't drinking a chocolate Breaka milk at the time were you? #;D Just kidding. That's great that you can witness something like that especially in the murky depths of the Brisbane river. Not something you would see everyday unless drinking a Breaka (Well it works in the TV ads anyway). #:D Let me know when you start to notice the Breaka girls frolicking scantily clad just outside your office and I am so there. #;) ;D

Poodroo

jimmybob
09-11-2006, 09:49 PM
choclate breakka!!!!! RALMFAO!!!!!! there are big threadies in there thou!

tunaman
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Is it true, if flipper and his mates are around, the fishing is over?

signed tunaman :-/

imnotoriginal
09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I've seen them before in the river. When I lived at Hamilton I used to take the citycat to Uni and I saw them on 3 or 4 occasions. Strangely, it wasn't right downriver, but right near the story bridge...
Joel

Sean
10-11-2006, 09:34 AM
If he was drinking a breaka though he wouldn't see chicks. But those boats that he looks at...... ;D ;D ;DAmazing ;D ;D ;D

sharkboy7
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
ive seen over 20 dolphins 8-)

JasonT
10-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Sorry.. too busy to post...
Off to buy a breaka!

JT
:-)

staddie_local
10-11-2006, 10:33 AM
i can now eat brissy river fish, without getting ill.. ;D
les.. ;)

Dirtysanchez
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Poor Dolphin, it is probably laying on the bottom now in toxic shock

Even the sharks are going by saying don't touch that sh1t man !!

Bris_Vegas
15-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Only 3 weeks ago while conducting an inspection at a proeprty on The Brisbane Corso, (Yeronga) i saw a pod of about 5. I have heard of them up around the Regatta pub, but this was another fair few KM's up river.

I was impressed and happy to see this as it can only be a good sign.

Angus

Sean
15-11-2006, 01:00 PM
yeah....the dolphins are getting dumber!!! :)