PDA

View Full Version : Buying Live Muddies

julieann
16-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Could anyone help me out by telling me if there is anywhere in Bris to buy live mudcrabs.

Every place i go the crabs are dead, i cant tell if they have been frozen or not. #[smiley=dunce.gif]

Thanx.
julieann

choppa
16-11-2006, 11:00 PM
julieann,,,, your a god send,,,

i've a few people here at the moment ,,, and i kid you not,,, we are trying to think of the name of the place that featured on telly a few months back that sold a """slab of crab""

MUDDIES by the BOX,,

i personally didn't see it,,, but i've been given all these descriptions of who the presenter was,,,

(hulk hogan,,,,arnie,,, you know choppa that big bloke,, played footy,,,,,,,ah yeh)

any response here is great,,,,,i'm buying

Any_Weather
16-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi, yes I know that Morgans seafood at Scarborough definatley sell live mud crabs but they are not cheap. I hope you enjoy them.

Lee

butcher
17-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Try Custom Seafoods at Sumner Park 3279 7988. Grant is the blokes name. Supply live fish,crabs and lobsters to hotel industry all over Bris. Delivery can be arranged depending on where you live. Have arranged with them to send crabs to Perth before.
Neil

_Dan_
17-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Lauries Qaulity Seafood.
Hawthorne Road
Hawthorne.,

He is a mate of mine and i was in there the other day and he had some.

$$$$$ though, be warned.

Cheers

Dan

Poodroo
17-11-2006, 07:04 AM
There is a seafood shop at Underwood just near the "Big Gun" butchers but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it is easy enough to find as it is on the main road. I was there recently buying some prawns to take to Great_White and Herm's place and I could not believe the size of the live crabs that they had in their tanks. Absolutely huge. Great shop. Will try swing past there to get the name of it. If you look up Scalem here on Ausfish he will know which one I am talking about and may know the name of the shop. Regards,

Poodroo

snasman
17-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Mate I'm not sure if the joint is still open but there used to be a shop on Nudgee rd between the Kingsford drive and the train tracks if hes still there he was very well priced.Good luck Snas

Argle
17-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Aussie seafood house at Capalaba has them

bert
17-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Aussie seafood house at Durack last summer they had all different sizes prices started at $15 .

lippa
17-11-2006, 04:15 PM
gambaro's, kingsford smith drive, quality crabs( i know the bloke who supplies them ;D ;D ;D)

cheers

lippa

shayned
17-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Drive to the place at sumner park it's worth it just to get a look in the tanks.

Black_Rat
17-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I've seen them at The Fish Factory on Lytton Rd in Comsile I think it is :-/

julieann
17-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanx to all the members that came to my aid.

Armed with those possibilities , I should be able to get some next week to take to my country bumpkin
sister's place.

Thanx again . julie ann

porl
20-11-2006, 01:27 PM
At the darra markets beside the railway station is a very large asian fish market, everything in tubs, usually has live muddies, but best maybe to go early saturday as the locals love their live ones.

sunny
20-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Drive to the place at sumner park it's worth it just to get a look in the tanks.

Can back that up. Grant's a mate of mine and he showed us what a full load of muddies look like. :o Couldn't believe they moved so many crabs in one go.