PDA

View Full Version : Touchy's Funeral Thursday

Jonno
21-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Dear all just to let you know that touchy will have his funeral service on this Thursday at 11am at the heritage park church at goodna , it is on Stuart st all is welcome and if any other info is needed i am more than happy to help. I can be contacted on 0422 677 425.

Jon Wood
Touchy Jnr

Lucky_Phill
21-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks Jonno, see you there.

Phill

Poodroo
21-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Work commitments prevent me from being there Jon but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Touchy sure was a battler and I am sure he will be dearly missed by all who knew him. My condolences.

Poodroo

CHRIS_aka_GWH
21-11-2006, 08:31 PM
awww shucks jonno ... watta ya say, # # :-/

i only met Touchy once in passing while having a chat to Pete and Mackie at Blue Pacific (the old days huh) - he seemed the real mccoy.

I felt i knew him better because Pete would talk about him often when we'd be chatting - from the responses from guys on this site he obviously had a positive effect on people's lives.

I think your old man has left his footprints in the sands of many fisherman's memories - a lot of smiles Jono !

There's another star over the pin this blackmoon night - god's speed Touchy !!!

chris

choppa
21-11-2006, 09:35 PM
jon

i feel a bit out of place in responding here but i would dearly like to pass on to you and your family my deepest condolences to the loss that we all feel of great man

i have never had the pleasure of knowing him personally

i probably have passed by him and not recognised him

i am though aware of the respect and love that a lot of people have towards him

my opinion is the same as all

we have lost a great guy, mate, family member

he wont be forgotten to his true friends

and he wont he forgotten to his family

and most important to all, he has "touched" those that he cared about

do me a favour, as i cannot attend his farewell, spare a moment of your time and let him know through your own means that we''ll be still thinking about him

choppa and family

marlinqld
23-11-2006, 06:46 AM
I never met Fred, but through this forum I feel like ive known him years.

I cant be there today, but at 11am, i will take a moment to remember him. My thoughts are with you and your family Jonno.

Mike

finga64
23-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I never met Fred, but through this forum I feel like ive known him years.

I cant be there today, but at 11am, i will take a moment to remember him. My thoughts are with you and your family Jonno.

Mike
Words and thoughts held by myself and a lot of us I'm sure.
Scott

Randall
23-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Touchys funeral was a tear jerker as expected. He had a good representation from Ausfishers.

Jon, his son and fishing buddy, gave an emotional speech about his Dad. Power to you Jon, excellent mate. I envy your relationship with your Dad. Beautiful words.

Was good afterwards catching up with a few guys I have`nt seen for some time. Dave Downie, Lucky Phil, Pete (Big D), Brian Web.

We all had a few laughs remembering about all the funny shit Fred got up to. He had made quite an impact on the lives of many.

My heart went out to Bev, his dear wife, she held it together beautifully. She has my utmost respect.

RIP my good friend.