PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer. #Huckelbery Fin

saphire
22-11-2006, 07:36 PM
On my way to work the other day I was driving over the Larry Story Bridge. #Travelling across the Logan River heading towards Beenleigh. #I looked down to my right and on the south bank of the river I saw a young man dressed in his school uiniform. #He was fishing at about 7.45am. #I smiled when I saw him. #Started to think "I wonder if he will remember to go to school today or will he get lost in the reality of time and keep fishing"
How many of us have forgotten to go to work or school because we wanted to enjoy life and do something that was fun and not stressful.
I hope if he did forget to go to school that he didnt get into too much trouble.
There is so much pressure put on us all these days to perform at high levels and be punctual.
Seeing this young fellow reminded me of how important it is to just chill out occasionally.
Take time to breath in nature.
Dont take life too seriously. Its not permanent.
Take care,
saphire.

tunaman
22-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Yes saphire, stress is bad for you, and today i had a lot of it at work.
Firstly, I was changing a turbo 400 gear box, and jammed my finger, then bumped my head under the hoist, and then I got a splash of gear box oil in my eyes.

All I can say is, thank god for fishing.

signed tunaman

finga64
22-11-2006, 08:02 PM
stress, what's stress??
I stopped work in '97 and now I can fish mid week without all the other yahooo's around :)

bidkev
22-11-2006, 10:58 PM
stress, what's stress??
I stopped work in '97 and now I can fish mid week without all the other yahooo's around :)

I stopped in 95 to take up home duties and I've never been so stressed ::)

It was 99 before I realised that I didn't have to iron the vallances on the bed

It was 2000 before I realised if I bought a 650gm loaf then the cheese slices would fit better than on the 800gm

It was 2001 before I realised that the best shower cleaner was plain old fashioned soap and that I didn't have to spend megabucks on stuff that was nothing more than bleach with a smelly added to it.

It was 2002 before I realised that I didn't have to iron underwear

It was 2003 before I finally remembered which fortnight the recycling bin went out

It was 2004 when they withdrew Bisto from the shelves and I've spent the last 2 yrs trying to perfect gravy without lumps ;D

It was 2005 before I learned that a "pick" was actually an anchor and I could stop using that pick axe that I'd tied to the front of the boat.......it never held anyway :-[

kev

fish_outta_water
23-11-2006, 01:59 AM
lucky lad must be great for him to get a line in before school, would be hard leaving if theres a bite on as you say
kingtin ,
what no bisto? :o your kidding right ? :-/ there goes christmas dinner then , can bring a case over if theres a blackmarket for the stuff , they do different flavours here now,
everyone makes there own choices far as im concerned, if people are living the rat race , they probobly chose that when thay got there new car on hire purchase.
me i retired at 26 ,( self employed ) do the bare minimum to get more time fishing , wont be getting new cars any time soon ;D
tightlines
o

finga64
23-11-2006, 07:03 AM
stress, what's stress??
I stopped work in '97 and now I can fish mid week without all the other yahooo's around #:)

I stopped in 95 to take up home duties and I've never been so stressed ::)

It was 99 before I realised that I didn't have to iron the vallances on the bed

It was 2000 before I realised if I bought a 650gm loaf then the cheese slices would fit better than on the 800gm

It was 2001 before I realised that the best shower cleaner was plain old fashioned soap and that I didn't have to spend megabucks on stuff that was nothing more than bleach with a smelly added to it.

It was 2002 before I realised that I didn't have to iron underwear

It was 2003 before I finally remembered which fortnight the recycling bin went out

It was 2004 when they withdrew Bisto from the shelves and I've spent the last 2 yrs trying to perfect gravy without lumps ;D

It was 2005 before I learned that a "pick" was actually an anchor and I could stop using that pick axe that I'd tied to the front of the boat.......it never held anyway :-[
kev
I didn't know I was supposed to do any of that (except the cheese sambos. I learnt that very early :)) :-/
Bugger....Ooh well nobodies said anything ;D
That's maybe why life seemed pretty good
8-)

Dirtysanchez
23-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Makes me think back when I was young and foolish and the 1st Mrs had run off, I used to have excellent parties with my mates who were renting a propery on the water on the NSW central coast.

More than once I can tell you we were motoring out through the heads to flick lures at tailor or Bonnito & I would realise that it was Monday :-[

Thankfully I had an old analogue Mobile and if I hugged the coast line and timed it right I could kill the motor, call the boss and sound sick ;D

Never liked that job anyway :(

JasonT
23-11-2006, 01:01 PM
lol
I dream of being able to sail to an island and do nothing but fish, swim eat and tan!

Wake me up at knock off!

JT

Brett1907
23-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Soap can clean the shower?? I use paint stripper and the grime still sticks!! ;D ;D

I work to live and to give my two kids everything they may need growing up. That includes a father who spends time with them and not just the monetary things.

Fishing and 4WDing are my stress coping strategies. You see, the nightwatchman is a psychologist.... so I'm just scre$@d!! ;D ;D ;D

Brett