PDA

View Full Version : MS Charity Auction- Help!! Cocktail Night

Sandman
22-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Gday members me again - Some of you maybe aware there is a bridge on the southside being built and almost at its completion. John Holland has chosen the MS Society as its Charity. There is an opening Cock tail dinner to raise $50,000 for people living with Multiple Sclerosis read details below on the 12th of December.

I am putting the feelers out for any small or large buisnesses Fishing , boating, or even other buisnesses such as Lures & Tackle to donate a package for this Auction night, the buisness will be well aknowledged amoungst the exclusive 400 guests and i believe recieves advertising. Your interests need to include your buisness name /logo in JPeg by the 1st of Dec.
To give and idea perhaps a fishing package or Deep Sea charter?
Please read further :

The Green Bridge is Australia's first pedestrian, cycle & bus bridge connecting Dutton Park to UQ. The MS Society of Queensland has been the community charity of choice throughout this $55.5 million Brisbane City Council/John Holland project, and on Tuesday 12 December, there is an exclusive formal event on the bridge to celebrate the end of construction, before officially opening to the public on Sunday 17 December.

As the beneficiary of this event, the Society is hosting the charity auction, raffle & lucky door prize for the evening, and the event hopes to raise $50,000 for people living with Multiple Sclerosis. The Lord Mayor will be in attendance, Janet Holmes a Court, and leading local business people from corporate and engineering organisations. Due to the nature of guests attending the event (construction, engineers, etc), we are seeking items of interest such as:

Fishing package (rod, tackle box, etc) to the value of $500
Deep sea fishing experience for 6 people
Whale watching experience for 6 people

Ian Skippen has kindly donated his services to MC the evening, and will actively promote all organisations who have generously supported the event.

Thank you for your assistance with this Michael, and I look forward to hearing from you. We'd need organisation logos and any design images in full colour jpeg by Friday 1 December, to design posters for display at each auction item and throughout the event on the cocktail tables. We'd also need donated items/gift vouchers in our office by that date too.
Regards Sandman

Sandman
22-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh yes please contact Myself on Michael Howcroft
(07) 3840 0846
0407 573 482
michael.howcroft@msqld.org.au

or Kathryn Mahboop
Relationship & Development Manager-
Direct: (07) 3840 0825
Phone: (07) 3840 0888
Mobile: 0407 650 002
Fax: (07) 3846 2700
Email: kathy.mahboop@msqld.org.au

Sandman
23-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Bump

Sandman
23-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Is someone going to take advatage of this ? Good cause i guess it doesnt have to be fishing related just a company , your up with Mercedies Benz etc

Sandman
24-11-2006, 08:17 AM
8-)

Sandman
27-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Ok peoples , thanks again for allowing me to post this item, we have a great donation. I think that means doors are now closed ? i am not totally sure so if you are interested i can put it forward to the organiser.
Regards
Sandman

S.S.
27-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Great to see Ausfish members showing their generosity and supporting organisations like the MS Society. Keep up the good work Sandman :)