PDA

View Full Version : whats your most painfull fishing trip???

geoff72
21-11-2006, 09:52 AM
thought i would see what other peoples accidents have happened while fishing.
I have 2
1st one- went for a fish at the pin with the old man and my brother, all was going well,some flathead,bream and a squire. when it was time to head back home, we decided to goto to crusoe island to clean the fish and say gday to some of the old mans mates who were camping there., i got out of the boat first, armed with my knife and knife sharpener,the kind of sharpener that looks like knuckle busters, the sharpener was the kind of one you put the blade between a V shape type of sharpener and drag the blade through it to get sharp as,well i got a bit cocky, thought i put the knife in the right spot,looked away and woosh with the knife in a downward motion. instantly i felt this pain in my hand, looked to see what i had done and instead of putting the knife between the sharpening part i put the knife straight onto my hand, well quiet a few curse words later,blood everywhere and my old man shaking his head at me,my brother being the cool calm collected type walk over to me and instantly put pressure on the cut,i nearly instantly decked him then and there,geeze it hurt when he did that, it was time to get back home. 8 stitches later i was all good again and the olds had a nice feed for the night.

geoff72
21-11-2006, 10:06 AM
2nd one
was fishing at coomera one day during work :-X,when i went to a spot where a couple of blokes told me that the tarpon were firing, so i put on a surface popper and took there advice and threw a few out,well about 5 cast i was on,this tarpon was jumping everywhere, i was stoked, well after a small fight i got him to shore. with the fish jumping around on the ground and me not having having any pliers, (cause i hadnt been catching much and thought why would this be any different). i tried to get the trebbles out with my other hand. BIG MISTAKE. as i picked the tarpon up he thrashed about and the other set of trebbles went straight into my finger, there i was the fish in my hand with the trebbles in my finger holding the fish about 1m off the ground, didnt i say a few words. the blokes that told me about the spot asked me if i need a hand, bloody oath i yelled, they came down and held the fish while the other bloke bit the line off at the popper. all i could think of was how the hell am i going to explain this one to the boss. a council worker was having lunch at the same time and the blokes called out if he had any plires,he brought some down, i looked away,gritt my teeth together and the tried to pull the trebbles out. no go., so off i go,rod back in the car, popper hanging out of my finger, hook was all the way in past the bend,down to the docs for some attention. doc couldnt get it out with pliers either so it was time for the local injection and out come the knife, a few cuts and the hooks were out. all bandaged up and i was flying back to the spot try and catch another one,this time i took my pliers, well no more fish,the local was weraing off and i had to head back to work with a quick excuse as to what happend to my finger

JasonT
21-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Here's an accident I had last year.. http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1135994391/0
:-[

So far, this year has been way better!
The only injury I've had from fishing recently is a small dent in the right side of my head from Kingtins anchor well cover :-) ;D ;D ]
Actually, no dent, my heads too thick and pointy for that! ;D

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1163996131

Looking forward to reading about others mishaps! ! :-)

Jason

tunaman
21-11-2006, 11:59 AM
When my power head packed it in, and I had to row back. Some nasty blisters from 1ks out and everytime I pulled back on the oar, you could hear, f--ken boat, f--ken boat! ;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

mattooty
21-11-2006, 08:36 PM
sundaya fternoon just gone. Halfway up the channel and hear a funny airy noise from the motor.
Turn around to hear it clunk clunk clu......that was the motor shot for the day
Had to row half a k up the ck against the current only to lose an oar.
boy wasnt i up sh!t creek without a paddle (or at least missing one)
Ended up anchoring up, calling a mate to bring his boat and tow me back to the ramp.
Turns out the water pump in the motor had seized and nearly cooked the motor. good thing it stopped wen it did otherwise i would have had a few more hundred bucks in fee's.
On the plus side of it all caught 4 good bream, 2 great sized flathead (64,71cm) and the mother of all stingrays
Matt

tim_becker
21-11-2006, 08:41 PM
was fishing in the nerang river with the father in law last year there was a anoying bloke in a tinny with his daughter on a boogie board on the back wed caught a few fish but this bloke was using our little spot as a turning lane any way words were spoken and they moved off an hour later we had enough and packed up on the way back to the ramp there was this bloke and his daughter the bloke was sort of hunched over in the tinny the girl was standing up waving and screeming so we went over to give them a hand got over and noticed the bloke had his shirt off and had rapped it around his arm there was blood everywere turns out he stopped and changed fuel tanks wen he went to start the motor again it was still on flat out so first pull it took off he and his daughter went overboard boat going roundin circles flat out so he grabbed it so it didnt hit his girl went under the boat grabbed the motor on the way under and stopped the motor with his arm janed in the prop we towed them quickly back to the ramp hellped them put the tinny on the trailer and off they went to the hospital he drove himself dont now how he pulled up but there would have been a lot of stiches the gash was about 6 or 7 inchs long and at least an 1inch deep tough dude wouldnt let us call the ambos drove himself i allways check my outboard is at idle and in neutral wen i start it now

Dirtysanchez
22-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Fark, that last one reminds me of an incident when I was a boy.. surfing in NSW at a beach that really picked up at low tide, was quite narrow between the neads & some old blokes used to beach launch and go out for snapper off the inshore reef.

Tide had turned this day & the swell was great if you were on a board, not so if you were in a 5mt tinny :-/ This old bloke came in from out wide, sussed it out and was going to have a go at coming in :o

We tried to tell him, he told us to f...k off of course and then in he came.
The wave built up behind him, sucking tonnes of water back with it towards the rock shelf.. Then it dumped on him and threw him out. :-?

He was swimming around swearing and carrying on, then the boat came past so of course, he tried to grab it and it went over him and tail danced on his back.. :-[

I managed to put him across by board until the clubbies came out in their rubber ducky.. they let his boat plough into the rocks and sink !!

Not a word of thanks from the old bast..rd..

Never mind, we bailed after that, so much blood in the water we were surprised not to see fins on the surface !! :o

smokindrag
24-11-2006, 12:26 PM
crikey some people must be really unlucky!! :o

my most painful fishing trip was braid cuts from trying to stop rampaging GTs up at 1770 and later on wacked myself in the face with my rod when i put too much pressureon the 50lb braid !! ;D (lost three big poppers to big GTs in that session last christmas!! >:( )

Dan..

DaMaGe
24-11-2006, 07:33 PM
ouch ouch, don't think any of my stories could match them...

saphire
25-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I ran up onto a sandbank and my poor motor swollowed a heap of mud.
God.... that was painfull in many ways.
saphire.

Feral
27-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Often the most painful things are the dilliest!

I spent a day fishing slip slop slapping all day happily, jeans, long sleeved shirt hat, lotsa sunscreen on hands and face, but guess what, had taken shoes off and rolled jeans up to launch. When got back in boat put shoes back on rolled jeans down, but had forgot to put socks back on!

You guessed it 3rd degree sunburn in a tiny strip on ankles between jeans cuff and shoe top. I have never had such painfull sunburn in my life, 3 days at work with red raw weeping torn angry ankles getting abused by business socks, shoes and trouser cuffs!

darryllll
27-11-2006, 12:23 PM
yesterday at coomera i made the mistake of telling a couple of jetskiers they were inconsiderate for parking there car and trailer at the top of the ramp,for my troubles i ended up with 6 stitches in my forhead,a fat nose, and a fat lip not to mention cuts and bruises,and worse of all no fish

roydsy
27-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Man boat rage is getting bad, jetskiing in my eyes is a redneck hobby. I hope you landed a few into them, not that i condone violence.

My most painful experience invloved me being 1 hour up the creek at 1770 and half full of beer. I caught a flounder on one those nice laser sharpened red hooks and of course slipped and the flounder i was holding put it through my thumb completely. OMG i went into shock and did the worse thing, cut off the hook from the shank not the line with pliers very hastefully, as the fish was flapping around and setting the hook even further in until it completely went through.

After trying to cut it out with gerber (the hook that is), i made a right mess went into shock a few times and ended up at the agnes water Ambo's place and he sent me down to the clinic where the doctor gave me a local and cut the sucker out. Now i am one of those guys that handles just about all hooked fish with gloves and pliers.