PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Holiday Spot (Need Help Please)

Ive_got_crabs
27-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Need some help please I am looking for a nice family spot for a holiday. some place close to estuary fishing ( of the bank no boat saltwater) and swimming a pool for the kids and either cabins or units. Max travelling distance 3 hours eather side of Brisbane can anyone reccommend a top holiday spot please your help would save me maybe my marriage if I dont take the misses away shortly hehehe.

Regards Allan Wood.

marlinqld
27-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Hervey bay mate

3 1/2 hours north has everything, and lotsa land based fishing

Mike

aussiefool
27-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Don't over look the Tweed coast aswell, every thing for the turist with out the crowds

snakecatcher
27-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Give the sunshine coast a go - good fishing in the estuaries and you can chase barra at the barra park at Bli Bli, plenty of other stuff for the kids to do and enough shopping facilities to keep the missus happy.

stalker
27-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Yamba NSW 3 hrs drive . bluedolphin holiday park. they have a website. www. bluedolphin holiday resort . com . Ithink. cabins villa's 2 pools estuary fishing. good luck.. ;D ;D

Argle
27-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Have to agree the Blue Dolphin is an absolute TOP SPOT, you can bank fish or even hire a boat, heaps of stuff indoors and out to keep the kids entertained and some nice eateries in town too. Not cheap but totally worth the outlay IMHO

Cheers and beers
Scott

dogsbody
27-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Gday Allan

check out Maroochy River Bungalows. It;s got a pool, BBQ, can fish right out the front. www.maroochyriverbungalows.com PH 07 5448 4911

Dave.

fastfreddie
27-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I have to say Yamba, NSW
it is the best spot for a weekend or a few weeks only 3 1/2 hrs drive from Brisbane

The bowling and golf club have great entertainment and meals are cheap and huge.

The fishing is fantastic, Blackfish, Bream, Flathead, Jew fish, whiting, Tailor the list goes on all can be caught from the bank.

I love the place, my girlfriend and i go down there 6-10 times a year, we even get our 4wd serviced there its cheaper to get it done there and have a weekend away then it is to get it serviced at holden...

it gets really crowded at holiday times so book early

Have fun.

woodchopper
27-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Allen

If you really_have_crabs i'd go to the GP first....they can work wonders with swabs and ointment!!!?

Northern NSW without a doubt. Tweed, Ballina, Yamba are all good goers but in my experience will be booked out soon.

Beno

StevenM
27-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Must agree

can vouch for the Blue Dolphin at Yamba as well

Cheers

Steven

Ive_got_crabs
27-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the advise Yamba getting a good rap checking it out now thanks heaps.

PS: The best way I found to get rid of crabs is to put rocks in the bottom of the bath fill it full of water hop in then pull the plug let all the water drain out. The crabs think it is low tide and scramble for the rocks. works trust me ;D hehehehehehe.

charleville
27-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Another option but which will stretch the three hours from Brisbane a little bit (3 1/2 hours??) is Hervey Bay.

I have not been there for a few years but my family had a couple of lovely holidays at the Great Sandy Straits Marina circa 2000... http://www.greatsandystraits.com.au/

We had a unit that was right on the boat harbour and that was magic - all the fittings on the boats jingle jangling in the breeze at night was a magic thing to sit outside and have dinner or a coffee beside. It is right on the bay so you are right there to fish off the shore - alternatively the Urangan Pier is legendary as a fishing spot. Dolphins used to come in close to shore in the mornings also. There is a boat club at the marina - licenced - pokies etc.

My wife and I lived in Hervey Bay 25 years ago and we went back a few years ago to see all the old haunts but we struggled leaving the marina bbecause it was really lovely - very relaxing. I took a reef fishing trip there which was much cheaper than we get around Brissy - not sure if that would still be the case.

Anyway - just another option for you.

Lifestyle
27-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Mate i go to Rainbow bay down near greenmount. You got the RSL clubs for cheap meals and the tweed river fingal and kingscliffe for fishing . It is also a great place for the kids also to swim.
Go for a drive down there only 1.5 hours form brisse and have a look.

marlinqld
27-11-2006, 06:32 PM
still paradise charleville...... i went there for easter and have booked 2 1/2 weeks over xmas

Mike

plugger43
27-11-2006, 06:48 PM
yamba gets my vote its gods country we are in hervey bay and do the 7 hr trip every year we go for 2 weeks

imnotoriginal
27-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Sunny coast, particularly the Caloundra end for families. The kids can have fun at Kings Beach all day, plenty of places to go for a feed and good fishing. Other than that, you can do what I do and go to Moreton Island. Definitely more exy than the sunny coast, but you really do get away from the traffic and the rest of it, heaps of activities for kids, dolphin feeding and some bloody good fishing. The best bit is you can walk to everything, which means no driving and a very enjoyable holiday. That's where I like going anyway, best of luck.
Joel

robersl
27-11-2006, 07:27 PM
you could try mudjimba caravan park great placeto stay pool kids playgroud patrolled surf beach accross the roadrsl club at the end of the street and a couple of eateries around the corner they do have 3 cabins for hire as well

shane

finga64
27-11-2006, 07:35 PM
yamba gets my vote its gods country we are in hervey bay and do the 7 hr trip every year we go for 2 weeks
Mate, you've gone too far.
You go through the back gate of God's own back yard to get to Yamba. You should have stopped in Evans ;)

BilgeBoy
28-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey dont forget good old Straddie

You can get some cheap rental houses right on the water at Amity...Good fishing in both Directions. Eat at the Amity Hotel....good tucker and cheap!! Day trips to surf side and chase some gutters....take the crew for a walk to the blow hole and the point. Kids can swim at Cylinder beach....best swimming beach in the world!! Go and have a yuppy Ice-cream, visit Blue and Brown lake etc etc.

just take your own coffee for the ferry ride!!!

BilgeBoy

roydsy
28-11-2006, 09:52 AM
I get to yamba once or twice a year. Love the golf course and the surf at Angourie. Head down to mini water if you want a secluded camping experience and some great beach and estuary fishing.

Like everyone else i want to live in YAMBA! its the old byron bay before it turned feral and busy.

woodchopper
28-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Byron has gone gruppy (greedy yuppy) i'd prefer ferals.

Beno

beaross
28-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, definately Nth NSW for me, plenty of nice holiday spots, Yamba for sure, Iluka, Sandon River, Minnie Water, Lennox Head, list goes on, basically any of those towns from from byron to Coffs. One of the most beautiful and underrated parts of Australia IMO. If estury thing is the go probably look at Yamba or Iluka.

rtranter
29-11-2006, 06:00 AM
If your thinking Yamba (yuk) [smiley=sick2.gif], Brooms Head ;), Minnie Water ;) or Wooli ;), then you better book in as all the bloody Q/landers come down and book the places out.
Oh yeah you are a bloody Q/lander. ;D ;D ;D
You'll like any of them. ;)
Rob 8-)

Big-D
29-11-2006, 08:15 AM
;)Hi Allan, Mate yamba is a top spot, the fishing haven caravan park has nice cabin so give them a ring. ph 02 66460163 hope this will help.

Cheers Big-D. ;) ;) ;) ;)