PDA

View Full Version : Mackay fishing

bogan-blackfish
30-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi guys, im movin to mackay after chrissy for work and was wondering what the fishings like up that way, i have a 4.3mt centre console so i will probably only be fishin a few k's out what sort of fish do you guys chase up that way? any info you guys can give me would be great ;D

BobbyJ123
01-12-2006, 05:45 AM
G'day mate. Some excellent fishing in safe water around the Newry Islands, about 45 minutes drive north of the city.
http://www.fishingline.com.au/Queensland/Mackay.htm
Some fabulous barra fishing in the dams, Teemburra and Kinchant and Prossy dam 2 hours drive north.
The harbour seawall has some terrific fishing at times.
PM me for more info, hey?

marlinqld
01-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Damn, what size hook you use in that livie BobbyJ123 ??????????? ;) ;) ;D ;D

Mike

BobbyJ123
01-12-2006, 06:45 AM
Damn, what size hook you use in that livie BobbyJ123 ??????????? ;) ;) ;D ;D

Mike

Put it on a herring jig.........BIG HERRING!!

supertinny
01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Heaps of good fishin here
Got these 5 min from boat ramp

krazyfisher
01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
ssshhhhhh
the fishing here is no good, did you here me no good
there are no
GT's
no spanish
no tuna
no trout
no lipper
no reds
thinking about you should just stay away

bogan-blackfish
01-12-2006, 11:08 PM
haha thanks guys, im really looking forward to it, looks like i wont be dissapointed ;D another quick question for the locals is it really as tough to find accomodation as ive been told?

BobbyJ123
02-12-2006, 05:53 AM
haha thanks guys, im really looking forward to it, looks like i wont be dissapointed ;D another quick question for the locals is it really as tough to find accomodation as ive been told?

Mackay is central to most of the coal mines and such an influx of work means that there is a premium on rental properties.
What type of accom are you after andhow far are you prepared to travel to work?

http://www.mackayholidays.info/shadomx/apps/fms/fmsdownload.cfm?file_uuid=3EE435A5-EBB5-A5ED-9704-45B6D32609CA

Might pay you to do a google search.

krazyfisher
02-12-2006, 07:12 AM
yes very hard to find accom and not real cheap

bogan-blackfish
02-12-2006, 10:01 AM
bugger, thats what i thought, i have temporary accomodation but i will need to find somewhere to rent eventually, ahh well with fishing like that it looks like it will be worth it ;D

sooty
02-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Rents are unaffordable. Front page on local rag today woman paying $185 week for a shipping container to live in with 3 kids in a caravan park some 45 minutes drive from Mackay. Think twice mate unless you have accom you will find it almost impossible to find a rental . A 3 bed house will set you back around $500 a week.
We paid $150000 for our house in 2001 now worth $450000.
Would get $500 a week rent easily. Are thinking of renting/selling and moving somewhere where there no mines.
Cunnamulla sounds good.
Mine jobs are for the boys who know someone or have a contact or rootin the mine manager or his daughter. Get the picture
The fishing is great with some great salt and fresh at the doorstep BUT it comes at a price.
I know that there is no way we could afford to move here now and buy a home at the current RIPOFF PRICE.
It has happened before and WHEN not IF the arse falls out of the COAL there will be so much for sale at 25% of its value from houses, boats Monaros & Harleys. It is a circle and will happen as it has before.