PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greets

Lucky_Phill
30-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Otherwise known as M & G's. 8-) 8-)

Good to see a few people gettin it together for the xmas period.

An M & G doesn't have to be an all in fish-a-thon as you will see if you pop into the Going Fishing Section here:-

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=Gofish

If you want to put some faces to the names here or just need an excuse to have a wee drinkie, fish or feed, go to the above link and browse the topics for the M & G's.

M & G's are at:-

Gladstone, Brisbane, Burrum Heads ( Hervey Bay ), Bli Bli ( Sunshine Coast) , Rockhampton, Tassie and another at Central Queensland.

Good work.........................................

NEWBY, Blackened, blaze, Reel Nauti, foggy, Big_Unit, bay_firey

Then again, start your own M & G thread and have fun !!!!!

Cheers phill

onerabbit
30-11-2006, 07:43 PM
A few Ballina area locals have also showed interest in a M&G, we did try once, but it was more of a fishing break with a handful of members showing up, c'mon guys, lets do the full bbq, gas-bag, drinky thing.

Muzz

choppa
30-11-2006, 08:19 PM
they don't have to be a ""fan fare"" event either,,, the one i held on bribie was just as good as the quick/flying trip to hervey bay for a bbq arvo with the likes of ,,big dan,,dazza,,chooka,,and a handful of others who just returned from their annual pilgrimage at awoonga,,

along with meeting up with finga & TOL last sunday,,

a host of others in between on various missions,,,,

what the site is all about i think,,,, meeting up,,, sharing a yarn,,, and lending a helping hand when/where its needed

choppa

a few drinkies in the equation doesn't hurt to much either ;D ;D ;D ;D

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
30-11-2006, 09:29 PM
The M & G's have given us the opportunity to meet some top people and forge friendships that will probably last forever. Damn good to fish with people, share some tucker, and several dozen coldies. ;) It's a small world out there when you start getting about meeting people. Funny how you end up knowing someone that your new mate also knows. :-[

For those that haven't had one or attended one I would urge you to participate. Lot's of fun and loads to learn. 8-)

Cheers all

Dave

murf
01-12-2006, 09:30 AM
# # A few Ballina area locals have also showed interest in a M&G, we did try once, but it was more of a fishing break with a handful of members showing up, c'mon guys, lets do the full bbq, gas-bag, drinky thing.

# # Muzz
Hi Muzz
I would be interested in a Ballina, Yamba, Evans Head, Minnie Waters areas M & G
It would be good to put a face or two to the names :)
Cheers Murf

themisses
01-12-2006, 12:22 PM
We would be up for Ballina and Tweed!! :) :)
Cheers Kim.

Big_unit
01-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Good thread Phil, ;) ;) :)

maybe I should have done this rather than have a sook about the lack of commitment and attendance from members.

Never mind its a learning experience, Ill get there one day. ::) ::)

By the way there are 30+ people coming from two other websites, so its not all bad.

;D ;D

-Henno-
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
The last Agnes M&G was a bit slow fishing wise coz of the weather.

Phil tells me at the next one up here there will be strippers and a jumping castle.

Or did I dream that....... :-?

roz
02-12-2006, 01:58 PM
# # A few Ballina area locals have also showed interest in a M&G, we did try once, but it was more of a fishing break with a handful of members showing up, c'mon guys, lets do the full bbq, gas-bag, drinky thing.

# # Muzz
Hi Muzz
I would be interested in a Ballina, Yamba, Evans Head, Minnie Waters areas M & G
It would be good to put a face or two to the names :)
Cheers Murf

Hey Muzz & Murf,

I've been known to travel long distances for the chance of sharing some stubbies of green slime and a chat with like minded fishos.

As far as I'm concerned Ballina is just up road from here.

So how about something in the new year???? :)

r.

finga64
02-12-2006, 03:03 PM

# # Muzz

Is there still a beer garden at the Wardell pub??
Perfect spot if there is.
Shade, little beach, little wharf (or used to be there :-?) a boat ramp across the creek and maybe a BBQ??

Gees I've spent a few hours there drinking cherry cheer waiting for my dad to come out ;)

8-)

murf
02-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi Roz
anything within a couple of hours drive is easy. ;D
Try for a Feb/March M&G after the kids have gone back to school ;)

Cheers Murf

onerabbit
02-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi guys n gals,

Great to see some interest.

Finga, Wardell is still a great spot to stop, even in the boat.
Unless anyone prefers somewhere different, how about the Saturday 6th Jan 07?????

Just a suggestion, anywhere between Tweed & Coffs would just be a great excuse to pull the bike out for a run.

Muzz

PinHead
03-12-2006, 09:04 AM
I have been to a few M&G's..good to meet others from on here...bloody hard to remember all the names.

The one thing I have noticed that is common to most of them is that the numbers are not what they originally appear to be...for one reason or another there are always some that say they will attend and then don't turn up..such is the nature of humans I guess.

finga64
03-12-2006, 10:08 AM
# # Hi guys n gals,

# # Great to see some interest.

# # Finga, Wardell is still a great spot to stop, even in the boat.
# # Unless anyone prefers somewhere different, how about the Saturday 6th Jan 07?????

# # Just a suggestion, anywhere between Tweed & Coffs would just be a great excuse to pull the bike out for a run.

# # Muzz

Anyone for a biscuit ride behind the boat. I want to see if I can get someone to hang from under the bridge #;D

Brett1907
03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
According to my mates here, Bonogin may as well be near sydney so tweed to coffs is no drama. However, weekend of the 6th is no good as my father will be down from mission beach for the weekend.

Brett

roz
03-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi Roz
anything within a couple of hours drive is easy. ;D
Try for a Feb/March M&G after the kids have gone back to school ;)

Cheers Murf

that suits me Murf.

r.

rtranter
04-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Booked out 10/11 Feb (One Lure comp Pindarri Dam) ;D
Booked out 1/2/3 March (Going to Harrington for a Fish and an M&G with some friends from Newcastle) ;D
Booked out 10/11 March (One Lure comp Glen Lyon) will try to make any other dates you lot set ;D.
Rob 8-)

murf
04-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Folks

I will post up a M&G in the M&G section for a M&G on the far North Coast for Feb/Mar 07

enough heads together I am sure we can come up with something ;D

always looking for an excuse to do something different 8-)

Cheers Murf

murf
04-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi again
Archer Joe has beaten me to it (see M&G)
will jump in and see where we go
Thanks Murf

dropshot66
04-12-2006, 06:32 PM
hey guys,

anyone interested in a M&G on the goldcoast, i'm dieing to meeting some fishing friends

ta
dropshot

Brett1907
04-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Sounds good dropshot. I reckon Geoff72 & DeadlyDave will be in itas they work for me. Dave met JT the other day at Coomera and Geoff has been PMing a coupleof guys. Plasticking700 has sent me a couple too.

Brett

mattooty
05-12-2006, 05:21 PM
No school hours, otherwise matts out =(
nearly finished ;)
If anyone is doing anything within an hour of yamba (p plater = unexperienced driver according to the old girl) ill definately be up for it
Matt

rtranter
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
No school hours, otherwise matts out #=(
nearly finished #;)
If anyone is doing anything within an hour of yamba (p plater = unexperienced driver according to the old girl) ill definately be up for it
Matt

Matt,
Somethings always happening within an hour of Yamba! ;)
But Mums right you "P" platers are a worrry, i've had three and one to go. ;) ;)
If it's further than an hour and I'm available I'll pick you up on the way through. :D
Have they discovered any reef down there yet? ;D ;D
If we get this Northern NSW M&G up and running and the Boss doesn't want to come along I'll give you a ride if I'm going. :D
I've got a pretty heavey schedule? I think the green ginger is kicking in! ::) ::) ::)
Regards
Rob 8-)
Green suited thingy's again

maxwellson
06-12-2006, 05:04 AM
wardell pub sounds great. in the new year would be good for me as we are flat stick at work, cant even see my next fishing time at the moment :o :o :o

looking forward to it ......

regards Maxi