PDA

View Full Version : Bayside Bulletin

mowerman
06-12-2006, 02:29 PM
For all us Redlanders.

In this weeks local rag there is an article about the Redland Bay Amateur Fishing Club.
The photo in the article shows one of the members "holding an impressive bream",according to the caption.
I never seen a bream that color.
Seen plenty of squire that color though.

Another sub editor who wouldnt know a shark if it bit them.

If brains were dynamite they wouldnt have enough to blow their hat off.

skippa
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Yep read that one too ... had a chuckle ... ;D

moondancer
07-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Posted by: mowerman Posted on: Today at 4:29am
For all us Redlanders.

In this weeks local rag there is an article about the Redland Bay Amateur Fishing Club.
The photo in the article shows one of the members "holding an impressive bream",according to the caption.

Hey mowerman........hoiw's your insurance mate....does it cover you for defamation???

Frankly, I take offence to this sort of negative B/S. I would doubt that the Redlands boat club editor is paid for the job...probably tries to fit this in with his ultra busy life with work, family etc......this is something someobne does as a service to their club! Probably even struggling to meet the papers deadlines, word limits, etc. Try looking up the word 'service' in your dictionary, and add the word 'voluntary' to it. Then jump back into your cave and think about it!!!

Do you have all the facts...and even if you did....are you one of these constantly negative picky fools who loves denigarating people whio are only trying to do their best? Also....have you ever read the newspapers and thought...oh...they have the wrong caption????? then got on with your life?

FFS mate, If I was the editor, or subeditor, I'd be hammering you for your comments. Lesser evils have been taken to court !! Trust me on this one!!!!

This is a site for learning, for fun jibing (I think your'e does NOT fit that category!!) for meeting fellow fishers, etc.

Mate...why don;'t you start your own muck raking current affairs programme - they are full of silly angry people wanting to make a point out of nothing! You've succeeded.

Hmmmmmmmmm.....can't wait to hear about when YOU make your first mistake in life......I'll be ready to slam you...cos of course, thats what you gotta do, isn't iot!

FFS!!!!!

L

webby
07-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Well put Lawry, where all Human and make mistakes. :P
I've seen high class fishing mags do exactly what this local rag has done even after proof reading. ;D
Even seen photos put up on this site with the wrong name to species show ;D
regards

moondancer
07-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the back up Brian!

Oh...for the record folks ....yes I AM a member of the club, but I am not the editor, nor do I know him well at all.

Brian..looking forward to our mackerel bash in Feb!!!!

L

DR
07-12-2006, 11:43 AM
For all us Redlanders.

Hey mowerman........hoiw's your insurance mate....does it cover you for defamation???

Frankly, I take offence to this sort of negative B/S. I would doubt that the Redlands boat club editor is paid for the job...probably tries to fit this in with his ultra busy life with work, family etc......this is something someobne does as a service to their club! Probably even struggling to meet the papers deadlines, word limits, etc. Try looking up the word 'service' in your dictionary, and add the word 'voluntary' to it. Then jump back into your cave and think about it!!!

Do you have all the facts...and even if you did....are you one of these constantly negative picky fools who loves denigarating people whio are only trying to do their best? Also....have you ever read the newspapers and thought...oh...they have the wrong caption????? then got on with your life?

FFS mate, If I was the editor, or subeditor, I'd be hammering you for your comments. Lesser evils have been taken to court !! Trust me on this one!!!!

This is a site for learning, for fun jibing (I think your'e does NOT fit that category!!) for meeting fellow fishers, etc.

Mate...why don;'t you start your own muck raking current affairs programme - they are full of silly angry people wanting to make a point out of nothing! You've succeeded.

Hmmmmmmmmm.....can't wait to hear about when YOU make your first mistake in life......I'll be ready to slam you...cos of course, thats what you gotta do, isn't iot!

FFS!!!!!

L

a bit harsh..

maybe the redlands times has a new editor looking after that section & she doesn't really care about fishing content & only runs the stories or weekly reports if they have room after all the other stuff is in. Which would account for not taking enough notice in the first place.. remember the press 'never lets the truth get in the way of a good story'
how often is the weekly report NOT in the paper?

DaMaGe
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Aye, a bit harsh indeed, and frankly no damn need for it. Everyone makes mistakes.
>:(

redspeckle
07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Well I rang the Bayside Bulletin yesterday Morning about it and informed them of
the mistake the trouble is people never seen a bream before see that and think that's what a bream looks like so when get pull over by fishery's officer they say seen a photo in the Bayside Bulletin Remembering bream is 23cm's in legal size no bag limit at this point of time and Squire/snapper size is 35Cm's and bag limit of 5 so their is big difference ,So I ask them to state the difference in the next issue of the Bayside Bulletin
Bayside Bulletin news prints it story's and photos it has to be true and correct because its in the public arena and they have a duty of care

Mitch

mowerman
07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks Respeckle. that said my other thoughts perfectly.
And I wasnt having a go at the fishing club, just the rag.

Seems like some people got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Another saying....Make sure your brain is in gear before engaging mouth, or fingers.

Pitsta
07-12-2006, 05:07 PM

Frankly, I take offence to this sort of negative B/S. #I would doubt that the Redlands boat club editor is paid for the job...probably tries to fit this in with his ultra busy life with work, family etc......this is something someobne does as a service to their club! #Probably even struggling to meet the papers deadlines, word limits, etc. Try looking up the word 'service' in your dictionary, and add the word 'voluntary' to it. #Then jump back into your cave and think about it!!!

Do you have all the facts...and even if you did....are you one of these constantly negative picky fools who loves denigarating people whio are only trying to do their best? #Also....have you ever read the newspapers and thought...oh...they have the wrong caption????? #then got on with your life?

FFS mate, If I was the editor, or subeditor, I'd be hammering you for your comments. Lesser evils have been taken to court !! #Trust me on this one!!!!

This is a site for learning, for fun jibing (I think your'e does NOT fit that category!!) for meeting fellow fishers, etc. #

Mate...why don;'t you start your own muck raking current affairs programme - they are full of silly angry people wanting to make a point out of nothing! #You've succeeded.

FFS!!!!!

L

:-[Je wizz . I hope all ausfishers don't think along these lines !!! As you stated the poor editor
made a mistake . OK , we all make mistakes ...
But then you turn around & BAG the SH!T out of MowerMan for his mistake .....Making a Comment !!!! :-[

Mark

jimbo59
08-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes a touch harsh.Come on fella's we should be sharing love and spot x's at this time of year :D

lil_boatie
08-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Umm..... who gives a dam