PDA

View Full Version : Bush & Beach Magazine

marlinqld
08-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Just got roound to reading the November Bush and Beach......... yeah yeah its december.

Well some great articles in there from heath Foggy and Webby. I found the weather article extremely interesting,well done webby. In fact well done all 3 guys. ;D ;D ;D A great read all round. Heath, looking forward to practising those mac tips you wrote.

Stopped off and bought December edition on the way home. Looking forward to a great read, and made a permanent monthly order with the enwsagent.

Mike

Heath
08-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words Mike.

Material sometimes is hard to come by especially when the fishing is slow. But in saying that, there is always something to yabber on about ;)

marlinqld
08-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I loved the one you wrote about it being slow, then the trip out that went hot and you nailed heaps with your old man i think it wqas.

Reminded me off the tribute video you did with just music and pics...... days you treasure forever

mY FIRST YEAR OF MACKEREL FISHING SO THE HINTS WERE GREAT FOR ME...BRING ON THOSE MACS MATE ;D
Mike

murf
08-12-2006, 05:48 PM
thanks Mike ::)

I didn't get the Nov issue :( it didn't turn up at the shop or they gave it to some other lucky mongrel ;D

It seems to be half way through the month before it turns up down here :-?

yeh yeh Im gunna have to subscribe ;D

Cheers Murf

marlinqld
08-12-2006, 06:23 PM
PM me an email addy murf i will scan the 4 articles at work monday and email them to you. left the mag at work, bummer.......do it monday if you want a copy

Mike

charleville
08-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I enjoyed immensely the article by Webby in the December issue on options for the mid - southern bay.

Very good, old timer!!! ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, very well done! :)

marlinqld
08-12-2006, 07:32 PM
i will read it from cover to cover tomorrow.......if VMR duty is quiet, otherwise will read it sunday

Mike

CHRIS_aka_GWH
08-12-2006, 08:45 PM
my beautiful mum got me a 12 month subscription for my birthday in september ....

now the newsagent isn't talking to me... it like he thinks i'm getting my jollies elsewhere - that he's only good enough for the paper....

what should i do - if i apologise first then HE has all the power ...

DAMN YOU B'nB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=bigcry.gif]

BilgeBoy
08-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Good story from old mate reefmaster on Double island as well....Nice cover Greg!!

BilgeBoy

Lone_Wolf
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Re: Bush & Beach Magazine
« Reply #7 - on: Today at 20:45:05 » my beautiful mum got me a 12 month subscription for my birthday in september ....

now the newsagent isn't talking to me... it like he thinks i'm getting my jollies elsewhere - that he's only good enough for the paper....

what should i do - if i apologise first then HE has all the power ...

DAMN YOU B'nB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok, subtle as a sledgehammer I will pass that tip on to JC!

Lone_Wolf
08-12-2006, 10:22 PM
:)

theoldlegend
09-12-2006, 07:35 AM
One thing I noticed in the December edition is that there were a lot more ads in it than in previous editions.

This would be a good thing for the publishers as it shows that advertisers are willing to pay to reach their target audiences. It's also good for the readers as it gives them more to look at in regards to tackle, boats etc.

IMO, it seems to be a more down to earth magazine than its glossy counterparts (not that there's anything much wrong with them either). As soon as it arrives in the mail, the rest of my day is generally spoken for.

Webby never seems to be stuck for words!! ;)

TOL

Great_White
09-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Mike you won't be able to read the Dec issue until Jan ;D ;D ;D

Janine picke up our copy today as usual she had read it cover to cover before I got home from work today :o :o :o

Peter :)

Scalem
10-12-2006, 07:11 AM
MM

It has always been a good read, and Ben has picked everything up from his father Ron very well, supported by a great team. My wife so unselfishly sends a cheque off to them EVERY time I get a reminder that my yearly subscription is due. I never have to worry about remembering to pick up a copy from the newsagents, which is the best way. I already congratualted Foggy for his article, which was the most informative article ever about catching Snapper with SP's.

It also astounds me that Webby finds interesting topics month after month, it's a marathon effort to do that. Well done!

Scalem

moondancer
11-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Have subscribed for years now- and must say that the last couple of years, the mag has just gone from good to great! I always love the fact that the info. is local, up to date, practical, and not fukll of ads....all fun and iunteresting, and most importantly....useable advice...just enough to get you wanting to get out again asap!!

Well done to all the comntributors!
L

charleville
11-12-2006, 03:57 PM
must say that the last couple of years, the mag has just gone from good to great! #I always love the fact that the info. is local, up to date, practical, and not fukll of ads.

Yeah - I agree. I get both B&B and QFM delivered and find B&B to be much better for a SE Qld'er. A lot more practical advice, I think - including the regular articles on boat/trailer maintenance. I will confess that I usually go straight to Webby's article because he writes for my area of interest but also because his info always seems so genuine in substance and uncomplicated which helps mug learners like me enormously. ;)

However, I actually do like the adverts. They give me plenty of reading matter as well - but I am one of those freaky people who likes junk mail. ;D ;D ;D