PDA

View Full Version : Have a Safe Merry Xmas

stevedemon
15-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi to all first would like to wish everyone :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

:) ;D :)A Very Safe and Merry Christmas to all and a Very Safe and Happy New :) ;D :)

with the festive Season now upon us and some like to go over board on the drink or in the drink ;D :o :-? ::) please take it easy as we would not like to here that someone from this site hurt in any way like we do not like to hear of this about anyone.

ok people please remember to check all safety gear on board and make sure Batteries are in good condition and charged before leaving home

Safety check list

One life Jacket PDF's 1 / 2 per/person and remember ;D ;D to check fluro strips and in good order outside gear Solaris life jackets

children under 12 have a special life jacket place on while boat is in motion :-[ :-X :-?

Flares are up to date and handy and flares for off shore (the right tools for the right job)

V-Sheets are in good order and carry small mirror

Fire Extinguishers are up to date and if possible carry fire blanket

Epribs' are checked and up to date

paddles for set size vessel
(or can be used to keep kids in line wife in place :P :P or in the event she has had enough break it over hubby's head) :P :P :P

Bungs are placed in and carry spare bungs at all times

spare bulbs for lights and spare fuses in carry box

check all Anchors, Ropes, Chains and D-shackles are tight and in place

pumping or bailing equipment is working an in place

signalling devices for between Sunset and Sun rise e.g Torches, Fluoresent lights, Lanterns, or simulair are charged and fresh batteries on hand

that all navigational equipment is checked and working

Marine Radio's in good working order
(remember to check in with your Local V.M.R or Coast Guard before Leaving Ramp to notify where you are going for safety along with someone in the Family this will make seaching easier if missing :-X :-X :-X

Water
And make sure you have enough water on board for for duration of trip plus a little extra in case

check weather before leaving home?????????????????? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? ::) :-? :-? :-?

check trye's and bearing before leaving home

check motor start's and impeller working before leaving home

check your fuel filters and lines
Propellors and tight Spark plugs are clean

and carrie W.D40 along with quick start in case of emergency

check and double check that you have all your right gear that you need Food, Fishing gear,
and vessel is ready to go

and please remember people we are all there to enjoy the water not full of Pi## and bad manners and respect other people on the water including jet skiers (water speed bumps) ;D ;D

and keep the alchol to a limit for your own safety and the safety of others please ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAVE A SAFE time on the water
HAVE A VERY MERRY XMAS :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
AND A
VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TO ALL

:) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Poodroo
15-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Steve thanks for the well wishes. Hope you have a great festive season. I will have some time off so most likely will be wetting a line somewhere at some stage. Take care.

Regards,

Poodroo

stevedemon
15-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi Poodroo
thanks mate you have a nice one to i am hoping to get out to the pin or Moreton Bay over the next 2 and hoping to spend some quality time with the wife over the holiday time on the water as well around the pin or GC to wet a line myself

stay safe all

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

SWFISHER
16-12-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks for the heads up on asafe xmas

PinHead
16-12-2006, 08:37 PM
and fer christs sake..be careful on the roads..I left home at 3am this morning..drove to Rocky..did the job then I heard on the local radio that some guy in a 4WD took on a car transporter and lost...poor bugger is dead...the highway was blocked so I decided to go the inland route home. Almost at Goomeri and got hit by a ##### of a storm..at least lots of rain in the dam catchments...finally got home at about 8.20pm...just don't become a road statistic over the break.

Volvo
17-12-2006, 06:51 PM
And a Merry Christmas and tops fer the new year to you also , and the rest of the Ausfish gang ;)..
Drive safe all and tight lines..
Cheers