PDA

View Full Version : Generous Gesture Update

Lucky_Phill
28-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I would like to thank all those that put forward worthy recipients for assistance from a special Ausfish member in regard to someone suffering from Cancer. The information was passed on, and although we all would like to help everyone, there was a limit to the resources. Below is an example of the assistance given.

A young man who was working 3 jobs as well as completing his studies was brought down by a Cancer in his lungs. This young man has been assisted with a generous offer made here by way of paying for air conditioning to be installed in his parents house. This will make his limited time at home as comfortable as possible. He is currently undergoing treatment for this terrible disease.

His mother has expressed her gratitude and is overwhelmed by the generosity shown to her family by a complete stranger. I too, have been moved by the offer. This has reminded me that we can all do something to ease the plight of others less fortunate than ourselves.

I would like to thank the special Ausfisher and in keeping with the request for anonymity will lock this thread. I know many here would also like to pass on their appreciation for what this person has done, but if this gesture has moved you to do something, then that is enough. If upon reading this thread, you only take time to reflect on your own situation and the situation of others, that is good.

If you are looking after someone that needs care, know someone that is restricted in the quality of life, are suffering from disease or know of people less fortunate than yourself take note, we, The Ausfish Family are thinking of you and them.

To all Ausfish members, stay safe this holiday period, be kind to others and show a little compassion and patience. The world really is a great place to live.

Cheers Phill

imported_admin
28-12-2006, 09:27 AM
If anyone wants to make a donation to the Queensland Cancer Foundation here is a link to take you there.

http://www.qldcancer.com.au/donations.asp

And here is a link to the Prostate Cancer Foundation - http://www.prostate.org.au/donate.htm

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in Australian men after skin cancer, and the second highest cause of male cancer deaths.

Every year in Australia 2700 men die of prostate cancer – equivalent to the number of women who die from breast cancer annually.