PDA

View Full Version : TASSIE MEMBERS

hooked.up
02-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Good morning to all Ausfish Members.
Since I have been looking at Ausfish I notice most of the membership comes from that big island north of Tassie.
Is there any way for members to be listed or grouped by State
so discussion could be held on relevant topics, weather, fish movements, gear etc,etc,. That were happening in real time .
Might help to meet new people or plan trips, who knows.
Just a thought, don't know if it is possible.
I don't know much about computers, let alone operating a site as far reaching as Ausfish.

PAUL

blaze
02-11-2006, 10:57 AM
how are you Paul
There is a few tassie members on here (me), member bugman is down your way and onother at Strahan, just a few that come to mind. I personel like all sort of info as I never know where i may end up next. I do the annuall trip to 1770 to meet up with fellow Ausfisher, magic spot and great company for the week. We are trying to get a gathering in Strahan on the weekend of jan 20th as a few of the queensland members will be over here touring around, kkep it in mind.
cheers
blaze

JasonT
02-11-2006, 11:41 AM
:-)
lol...
Big island north of Tassie..... Love it!

Thanks for the giggle!

JT

blaze
02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi JT
thats how we see it, down here bearing the weight of the nation and holding the rest up.
cheers
blaze

JasonT
02-11-2006, 12:11 PM
LOL thanks Blaze!
You guys keep up the good work!

Too bad the M&G is january! We're looking at being in tassie for 2 weeks beginning early march.

Will try to drop you a line before i arrive. It would be nice to have some local knowledge when it comes to finding my piscatorial adversaries!

JT

rtranter
02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
how are you Paul
There is a few tassie members on here (me), member bugman is down your way and onother at Strahan, just a few that come to mind. I personel like all sort of info as I never know where i may end up next. I do the annuall trip to 1770 to meet up with fellow Ausfisher, magic spot and great company for the week. We are trying to get a gathering in Strahan on the weekend of jan 20th as a few of the queensland members will be over here touring around, kkep it in mind.
cheers
blaze
Not that I'm getting my nose out of joint or anything like that, but I hate being called a Queenslander. >:(
The original State for me NSW, crook roads, sh!tty Government, Drought and all. :)
I will be there, Tassie that is, and am trying ever so hard to be in Strahan on the 20th.
Hay Snelly, how big is your boat any way?
Regards
Rob 8-)

Grand_Marlin
02-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Dont forget the x Tassie boys [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

woolly_bugger
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
G'day guys, Tassie resident for last 20 years,so not quite a local yet.Would love to join you for Strahan M&G .If you're interested in trout,Lake Burbury near by,turns on some of the best wind lane fishing you're likely to find anywhere.(long as the weather plays along.Paul is a friend and lives close by,so we'd likely travel together.Be nice to be able to put a face to some of the names.
Ian

woolly_bugger
02-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Jason, don't feel to bad about coming down in early March.This is prime Bluefin season and if this year is repeated,fish in excess of 80kg caught down at Pedro Branca and over 60kg of Tasman Peninsula.Also not abad time of year for the trout.Weather's usually pretty settled (can change).And of course there's always the humble flathead.

blaze
03-11-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi all
any one thinking they can make it to strahan please post into this thread,
link
http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1162149106
that way we can talk about accomadation and what and where we fish for because as wooley bugger said there is some options
cheers
blaze

hooked.up
03-11-2006, 06:31 AM
;D
Thanks guys, Good response.
If more Tassie members reply, maybe we can put a meet together.

HEH JT you guys would slide south if we were not here. :'(

Paul

Relaxed
03-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi Paul

I am in Devonport, I havn't been fishing or on the site much lately as I am flat out studying and doing exams (will be for the next 4 months as well) when I'm finished I hope to spend some quality time out in the boat.

Good to see some new Tassy people on here, Blaze I still want to come up your way but it will have to wait until 2007 sometime.

Cheers all
Andy :)

bugman
03-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Paul,

I'm another Tassie boy who has come home. Based in Hobart now with lack of time restricting my fishing time. Having said that got my cray, ab and scallop license today.

I reckon I'll be there in January. I'll be right for accomodation.

Snelly - should we look at getting one of the shacks?

Andy hope the study is going well - are you over at Lauderdale. I drive down there twice a week and pick up some produce from a grower. Call into the fruit market at Bellerive if you get time one day and say GDay.

Brett

PinHead
04-11-2006, 07:30 AM
how are you Paul
cheers
blaze
Not that I'm getting my nose out of joint or anything like that, but I hate being called a Queenslander. >:(
The original State for me NSW, crook roads, sh!tty Government, Drought and all. :)
I will be there, Tassie that is, and am trying ever so hard to be in Strahan on the 20th.
Hay Snelly, how big is your boat any way?
Regards
Rob 8-)

Don't worry mate..we hate blow ins from south of the tweed claiming they are Queenslanders also.

Tasmania..isn't that the little dot we sometimes put on the map and sometimes leave off it???

blaze
04-11-2006, 07:44 AM
yep thats us pinhead, the forgotten state. where else can ya go to a ramp and not have to wait 1/2 hr or more to use it, then leave the keys in your truck and come back the next day and it will still be there, forgottens ok sometimes
cheers
blaze

Relaxed
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
G'day Brett

I will call in and see you, have shopped there a couple of times for treats from your Deli couldn't see you though. I think it was you I tooted the horn at the other morning about 7am, I was driving a white bus with 24 recruits on it, we were off for a run and swim at Bellrieve beach (bloody cold :o).

Between exams, practicals, study and traveling home to the wife and kids every weekend, I don't seem to have time to scratch myself.

Great marked you have there, I hope all is going well. :)

Cheers
Andy [smiley=policeman.gif]

choppa
04-11-2006, 05:00 PM
just a silly question,,,, has tassie got a rugby team yet?????????

i thought i heard something about this,,, but there was a problem with making up the team members as they didnt have the population to cover it or something,,

i could be wrong

blaze
04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
they play rugby in the south of the state, not in any national leage though, that said we dont have a aussie rules team either. Probably a good thing as there is better things to put money into other than sport
cheers
blaze

Grand_Marlin
05-11-2006, 05:11 AM
shame you dont have a footy team ... you would be good at it.

2 heads ... you can look both ways at once....

8 fingers on each hand .. would aid in catching and ball handling skills...

;D ;D ;D

ahhh - it is sometimes good to be on the other side of the fence :D

Cheers

Pete

PinHead
05-11-2006, 05:34 AM
we do have to say they are doing very well in the cricket so far this season whereas we are languishing on the bottom.

hooked.up
05-11-2006, 06:12 AM
HI GUYS :o
Keep going, if this discussion lasts long enough, all the Tassie members might pick it up and we might get something interesting going.

CHOPPA, ask WOOLLY_BUGGER about that ground hog game you guys play.
He was recently mad enough to leave Tassie just to watch a match on the big island.
As he said in his post, he is not really a local yet.
He is working on the two heads though.
;D [smiley=gossip.gif] Cheers PAUL

Grand_Marlin
05-11-2006, 08:00 AM
The reason Tassie hasnt got a rugby team is quite simple...

They are smart enough to know that you cant win a game by throwing the ball backwards ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Pete

snelly1971
05-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Sorry Fella`s been on a fishing trip..added a few pic`s of my boat for you...it a aluminium ``TRI-STAR`` 5mm bottom ..4 mm sides...hope you`s can all turn up ...should be fun..

snelly1971
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Sorry...Rob...its 6 meters...

snelly1971
05-11-2006, 02:08 PM
and another

snelly1971
05-11-2006, 02:10 PM
last one....got any questions then drop me a line on 0400969118....and cheers Brett...got a message from Les Caville to say hi to you...

Haji-Baba
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Did someone say something about swimming?????
Best oysters in the world in Tassie.
Have fun Haji-Baba

rtranter
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I wish I could do quotes :( :(
Any way I thought that The Tweed was in NSW and not the border, not that it matters, bloody cane toads have crossed it years ago. >:( >:(
All you lot please, as mentioned a heap earlier, go to the M&G Board to discuss further the Strahan M&G.
Snelly I'm not sure 6metres is big enough to accommodate all of us? And after looking at your pics (thank you) have you even had it in the water Jesus that boats clean and shiney ;D ;D ;D
Regards
Rob 8-)

snelly1971
07-11-2006, 11:16 PM
oh Yeah Rob...she has had plenty of blood and guts over her...nothing better than cutting a Schooly shark throat and having blood spraying everywhere....She is licenced to carry 8....even if it meant doing a couple of trips ....wouldnt be a problem to me..

Tropicaltrout
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Go Tas. I love the place I was born there and grew up on the trout fishing now I live on the main land and are into Jacks and bass, Big Barra and saratoga. But i still love to come home every year for those beautiful trout, and to see the old man.

No matter what i catch up here it dosn't beat casting a fly at those trout with my dad! Love Tassie can't wait to get back
Cheers TT

snelly1971
13-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Just blew the flamin power head on my yammie.....hope to have it up and running by the time you`s all turn up....expensive little exercise.....currently looking at putting the boat into survey and leasing an outboard.....they are just so bloody expensive to fix.....$6000-$7000 for a power head.....mmmm...and just another point ....have you`s all booked into somewhere here in Strahan....gets booked out in the summer months pretty well....Call Azzas on (03) 64717253 for cheap accommodation...self contained units...or the Strahan Cabin Park on (03)64717442...Cheers hope we can get together and have a great few days fishing if i can get this bloody outboard problem sorted....

Grand_Marlin
13-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Bummer Snelly,

Can you get a 2nd hand one anywhere?

Cheers

Pete

snelly1971
13-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah wish i could Pete....problem is i dont like messing around with junk....especially in our waters....gets pretty shitty here sometimes and no doubt that is when they will let you down....just priced a reco powerhead ..about $5500....i just havent got that sort of cash spare at the moment.....

rtranter
14-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Snelly,
No good about the power head mate, hope it works out for you, as for me I'll be there anyway, if the fishing doesn't come off I be happy meeting you lot and visiting Strahan.
Cheers mate,
Rob 8-)

snelly1971
15-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah Thanks Rob ;)
I`m Very SAD :'(at the moment....Flamin Outboard....
Couldn`t have happened at a worse time...the cray season just opened here so .....i miss out....
I have got a mate here with a boat so...we should be able to work something out...he is an AB diver so it just depends on if he is working or not....Cheers Mick :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

snelly1971
24-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Cheers all....lost my flamin pasword and could not log back onto ausfish...finally just fixed it...been pretty busy working with the AB divers here.....my boat is still not going....still saving for another donk...dont see the sense in spending 6000-7500k on another powerhead when a new 200 is 15 k....got an AB diver mate here who is willing to take us out fishing depending on the weather when you`s all turn up....

Grand_Marlin
25-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks Snelly,

Still no good about your motor though...

Are we still having a BBQ etc on the 20th?

I think Blaze was going to give you a call to finalise a few things

Cheers

Pete

snelly1971
25-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Yep...sounds good to me...i try and gather up a feed of crays and abs between now and then to have a real feast....

Grand_Marlin
26-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Sounds good Mick,

There is another post started re: Meet & Greet - Tassie.

It is in the sticky topics - Going Fishing Chat Board.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1162149106/15

Now all we need is a plan of attack for fishing (whether we are going in boats or fishing off the shore for salmon), some final numbers, a venue and a time.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Pete

rtranter
31-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Just incase you don't see the Tassie M&G.
I will be there Friday 19th with the Boss and her apprentice.
Can't waite to meet you lot.
I almost feel related, after all I'm half tas ;D, as mum is from Burnie.
Rob. 8-)

ozdevil
31-12-2006, 10:24 AM
used to live in Tasmania in Hobart before making the transition to South Australia.... after nearly being on the mainland i am starting to see how much i miss life in Tassie... for its fishing and general lifestyle and where the air is clean...

but early in the peace of 2006 decided it was time to leave South Oz and start heading back east and thought 1st stop will be melbourne and spend a few years here then hopefully by then i would have enogh of living on the mainland and wanting the peace and tranquility of my home town of Hobart or somewhere in tassie

Anyway the Tassie meet and greet sounds like it will be fun in which i am usually back in Tassie this time of the year seeing my folks etc but not having any annual leave up my sleave i just have to wait for easter to head to the holiday isle

cheers
ozdevil