PDA

View Full Version : Bird's and lures/sinkers

mitch_05
26-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Is it just me or do other people find that birds seem to be atracted to lures as well as fish. I was practicing with the baitcaster this afternoon throwing around a sinker and magpie's, pigeon's, noisy minor's all tried to take my sinker :o
have used a lure without a hook before and i lost the plastic to a kookaburra :-?

It seem's that it is not just fish that are attracted to lures. :-/

Poodroo
26-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Lol. I have never had that problem. I have had a lot of casting practise using just sinkers and not once has a bird ever gone for it. Perhaps you have a natural ability to attract the birds of the feathered variety. ;)

Poodroo

Scalem
27-12-2006, 01:32 PM
The theme of this post is innocent enough, but people who float pillies in fast current ( no hope of the bait getting down less than a meter) and then hook birds who dive for their bait....and try rip the hook out of their gobs repeatedly by striking , these are the fishos who bring us a bad name with the greens or environmentally conscious.

I remember casting too far up on a bank, having a water dragon come out of nowhere and attacking the bait. That was hilarious, but pigeons and any garden variety has yet to be experienced ;D ;D

Scalem

mitch_05
27-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Happened yet again. without fail another one tried to taste sinker this afternoon.
Makes you wonder how smart they are considering it saw me reel in the sinker at least five times.

Freeeedom
29-12-2006, 05:50 PM
MMMmmmmmm!!! Pigeon pie!
Cheers Freeeedom

Leigh77
31-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I go fishing for Bass in the local river and its not just bass that take the lure...I have had countless water dragons attack my lures...the occasional kingfisher will have a swipe...and when fishing at night its not uncommon to get hit by a bat whilst your lure is in mid-cast.

In nature...if it moves...its edible!