PDA

View Full Version : our First Grand-son is born Xmas

stevedemon
25-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi All and Merry Xmas to all An a Very Happy New everyone

We now have our First Grand Child ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'(

Will let me begin with the story that started 19 years ago today on the 25/12/1987 at 4.30am My Daughter was born 6.5Lb and 19in long and this was my second Child born an my First Child born in Qld an i was grinning like a cheshire cat she was Daddy little Angle and my second pride an joy.

We have had our up's and Down with divorceing her mother to god knows what?????????
some 16 years ago. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Well today the 25/12/2007 My daughter has made both My Wife and I and her Mother an Step-Father along with our whole family proud with a beautiful Grand-Son born the 25/12/2007 at 11.26am just 7 hrs after his mother was born an his weigh is 7.5Lb an 21in long with a good head of hair not a bald bagger so 2in longer an 1Lb heavier and once a ;Dgain i am grinning like a cheshire cat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

it is a beautiful Xmas Present for all but a horrible Day for a Birthday he is beautiful an good looking like his Grand Father ;D ::) :-X ;D :o 8-) ::) ;D 8-) ::) ;D :o 8-) ::) ;D ;D ;D

oops sorry like his Mother sorry no photo's as yet awaiting on the Ex to send them to me
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

will have to now go an buy Little Riley Camron Thomas a jnr Fishing pole so i can teach him early as much as his mother hates fishing ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mother an Jnr are doing well an both are healthy surpose one thing tho we can not have any excuses f ;Dor forgetting there Birthdays ;D :-? ;D :-? ;D :-? ;D :-? ;D :-? ;D :-?

;Dbut she loves boating so while my daughter and wife sun bake i now where we shall be ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

P.S i am over the moon with pride and joy Hope everyone has a Very Happy New Year

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

griz066
25-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Congrats Grandad ;D

stevedemon
25-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks griz066

Cheer ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Big_unit
26-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Good stuff Steve ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think you have also set a record for the most smilies used in a post.

Welcome Riley 8-) 8-) 8-)

Congratulations & Im knocking down a rum to make sure the little mans head is wet.

Cheers
James

choppa
26-12-2006, 02:45 AM
all the best ""grandad"" on your special present,,,,,

and the same to mum as well,,,,,,i can distinctly recall when chopjr was born mate,, so i know how ya feel,,,,,that bugger turns 5 this year,,,doesn't take long

a couple of years to go mate,,,and if he's anything like chopjr,,you'll have an extra shadow following you as soon as the rods are rattled,,,,,

all the best

choppa

aussiefool
26-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Congrats Steve, now the best part of your life starts. My wife and I have 14 g'kids ( with the latest arriving just 3 weeks ago). To me the best thing about having grandkids is that no matter what all you have to do in life is spoil the heck out of them ..... then (and this is the good part) you get yo give them back :) :)
Congrats once again
Aussiefool
Andrew

nob
26-12-2006, 05:50 AM
There is nothing better than the joy of a new one coming into your life.

Congrats Steve

Spoil him rotten.

Feral
26-12-2006, 05:59 AM
fantastic - as an indulgent grandparent, you can know start a tradition - My daughter was born on the 6/1, so close to christmas it washes together, and all her friends are away etc etc.

We have a special day (June for us) where we celebrate her "birthday" so she can have birthday parties with preschool friends (soon to be school friends!). Family still celebrate her birthday on the real day. So she gets 2 celebrations!

maztez
26-12-2006, 06:16 AM
congratulations Steve ..nothing prouder than getting an heir to the fishing throne .Glad all is well.The adventure starts now in the teaching of the piscotorial arts .
cheers Terry

Grand_Marlin
26-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Congratulatoins Steve [smiley=balloon3.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon3.gif]

I think you managed to convey your happiness quite well :o

Enjoy ;D ;D

Cheers

Pete

stevedemon
26-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi all ;D ;D
and thanks for the congratulations i did go over board on the smiles a bit but hey how offen does your first Grand-child arrive on there Daughters birthday little known to also arrive on Xmas Day to joy for the festive season :) :) ;D ;D :) :)

Feral we know what you mean mate we have 4 others born around Xmas my my son is the 09/12/85 my wifes son is 28/12/87 my daughter 25/12/87 and my nephew 06/12/85 my sisters elderest son so xmas in our family is a bloody expensive season but joys all around
;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D :'(

and guy's as for spoiling the little fellow this maybe possible and yes the good thing is you can hand them back as for the shadow well this we shall wait and see ;D ;D when i rattle the rods ;D ;D ;D

once again thank you all ;D ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

dogsbody
26-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Congrats Poppy!
Kids and Xmas i love it.

Dave.

Poodroo
26-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Not half hard to tell you are as proud as punch there Steve. Congratulations on such a momentous occasion in your life. Nothing more special than the introduction of a new life into this world. (Well there is that and fishing) ;D Happy Christmas and hope you have a wonderful and fullfilling new year.

Regards,

Poodroo

stevedemon
26-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi all
thanks for the congratulations

now before I get any more Grand Dads, poppies, Pop's or Poppy as I have yet to hit the 50's tittle with very little grey on top Yes I know for those that have meet me there are a few just a few grey's on top

so???
guy's I have decided that Jnr will be calling me Gramp's ;D :) ;D and the Wife wants Nannan

Poodroo you are so right familyand Kids are great but then comes the Grand Children an at least you can hand these little ones back after you have spoilt them rotten and fishing comes some where along the lines of I'm out of here and a fishing i will go #

this is another year for us to remember an a great way to start off 2007 for us all 8-) ;D :D ::) as for Big Units mate we wet the baby's head yesterday just have to get the cigars now an wet the baby's head again at home this time with a couple of scotches an Lemonade or on the rocks 8-) ;D ;D due to i was at my mothers for Xmas day so only had a beer there with my Father for the birth

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

onerabbit
26-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Good onya Steve & missus,

another great milestone in life.

(just hope my daughter doesn't make me a grandad TOO soon, I'm only 43)

What a chrissy present.

Muzz

PS Steve, looking at all the other dates, is your birthday in March?????

stevedemon
26-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi onerabbit

No mate I'm on ;D19 November 1959 ;D an the wife is 26 nov 62 ;D

;D ;D ;D an no chimmeys ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D in march so santa is out of the question :) :) :)

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

stevedemon
27-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi all
well the little Riley an my daughter Mel are home an all is good both are healthy ;D ;D so the sleepless night are on the way

maybe i should go fishing :-? 8-) ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

bidkev
27-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Congratulations to you all Gramps...........and stop bragging about the lack of grey hair.............it's only a matter of time now ;) ;D

kev

stevedemon
27-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi kev
mate you are right on that one only a matter of time but i will try to delay them for now when they come i will go grey graceously 8-) ;D ;D.

Have a Happy New Year All ;D 8-) ;D

and hope to meet a few more Ausfishers on the water this coming year

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

thehoodedwarriors
27-12-2006, 09:36 PM
;D

Congratulations. Where is your photo of the youngest Aushfisher???

stevedemon
28-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Hi all
well i have the photo's of the newest member of the family an the newest little ausfisher as soon as i can work out how to place on board will post them up :-[ :P :-[ :P :-[ ::)

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

bidkev
28-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi kev
mate you are right on that one only a matter of time but i will try to delay them for now when they come i will go grey graceously 8-) ;D ;D.

Steve 8-) 8-)

That's what I said mate but the grumpyness increases with each grey hair ;D ;D

kev

stevedemon
28-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi all
here are the photo of Mel my daughter and the newest member to the family an new little Ausfisher

Little Riley

stevedemon
28-12-2006, 11:58 AM
By the way guys keep your eyes on the little fellow not my daughter ;D ;D ;D
she is 19yrs old 8-) 8-)

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

stevedemon
28-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi all

Well here is the photo of our First Grand-Son an my Daughter both where born on Christmas Day ;D ;D ;D

keeps the eyes on the Grand-son not his mother she is 19 years old an dads pride an joy now they are both my pride an joy ;D ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

JEWIENEWIE
28-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Congratulations mate, thats one cute looking baby, many years of joy to come. Mum looks great for just giving birth. Enjoy ;D ;D
Jewie

Poodroo
28-12-2006, 01:08 PM
There's a baby in the photo? Where???? Just kidding Steve. You do have a great looking daughter and a grandson who has inherited the good look genes. Well done and congratulations once again.

Poodroo

stevedemon
28-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi guy's

thanks Jewie

Poodroo There's a baby in the photo? Where???? i do not exspect any thing else from all us fisho's is this not why we carry bino's in the boats for Bird watching

as for the good look gene well she was not standing behind the when they handed the looks out or height as she is 6'1" an the worst of it all is I'm only 6' an i remember when i use to carry her around like this in the photo

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

stevedemon
29-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi all
Well the Grand-son is home has been for 2 nights an what a set of lungs this little fellow has i have forgotten what it is like to have babbies around but all is fine an both are healthy

now all i have to do is wait for the little fellow to grow a bit so Gramps can take him fishing ;D ;D ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

charleville
29-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Goodonyer, mate. :)

My first grandchild was born this year also - five months ago. I never wanted to be a Dad much less a grand-dad ;D but it is true what they say about how the grand-kids capture your heart and especially because you can hand them back when they get a bit tricky to handle. ;D

Best wishes for lots of enjoyment in being a grand-dad.

:)

stevedemon
01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi all

My Wife an i have just been informed offically that the birth of our Grand-son is a first for Logan Hospital
Mary(wife) works for Logan Hospital an was told that it is a first to have a mother(my daughter) an son(grand-son) both born on Xmas Day sh#t of a day to have Birthdays but at least the can have them together so as for Gramps i am over the moon

Charleville
thanks for that one yes it is nice to hand them back but we have my Daughter living with us so makes this job of handing back Difficult so we have to take turns in changing the dirty nappies

i have forgotten what this was like ;D ;D ;D an brings back memory's

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)