PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed

Bream_Reaper01
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Gidday all,
It was with dissapointment that after such a nice afternoon in and around Jabiru yesterday we witnessed a group of 4 idiots in a hire tinny empty their days drinking empty tins straight into the water,we collected what we could but some did reach the manroves which we couldn't get.We came home with no fish or crabs but it was a pleasant day until then.

Does anyone know who hires little green tinnies on the northern end of the coast and the phone number(there was a ph number on the tinnie but to far for me to make out clearly).I'm not going to give this business a blast,i just want to let him know what some of his clients are doing.

Regards
Bream Reaper

nigelr
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Good luck, Bream, unfortunately some people are always on their worst behaviour when away on holidays!

gunnabuild1
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Gotta wonder sometimes do they come to enjoy or destroy?

jtpython
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Always the same it seems everywhere always the minority who spoils it for the majority >:(

kleyny
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
the funny thing is people go to these places for the surrounding. yet they distroy it :-? it doesnt make sense to me.
it actually angers me

neil

marlinqld
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Recreatioin means Wreck Creation.....so some di**heads seem to think anyway....

Mike

blaze
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
maybe people need to think for a minute about where the people come from, could well have been a few local boys out for a good time. not always the tourist
cheers
blaze

gutzy
06-01-2007, 10:42 PM
wankers , hope karma gets them >:(

fishphile
06-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Whenever you can just pick up the rubbish right in front of them and don't say a word. I like to hope that there is always at least one person in the group that gets the picture, and who knows you may just change someone elses outlook on life for the better.
Violence and Anger breeds Anger and Violence, Just show that you are the bigger and better man by doing the right thing.

Dave

Poodroo
07-01-2007, 07:47 AM
What would possibly make people do something as irrepsonsible as that? I guess sadly we have to share this world with people who have absolutely no regard for anyone or anything in this world. One consolation is that yes there are some total morons but in the recreational fishing world I know the majority will do the right thing and dispose of their rubbish thoughtfully.

Poodroo.

cuzzamundi
07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
gday all,

i did what you said one day at sandgate dave - these no brainers dumped their used fish and chips containers in the water. i quietly waded in and picked it up, only to be told by knucklehead number 1 that i should leave it there as i should 'mind my own business'. suffice to say words were exchanged and we nearly went for it - lucky his lady friend was there to 'hold him back'. just animals and it erks me to tears whenever i see it around the place. you're right, that is exactly what should be done, but some neanderthals will look for any excuse for a blue, so be careful. especially when youre hugely outnumbered.

cuzza

nigelr
07-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Very wise words cuzza, seriously, these people are not worth your trouble.
IMO fishphfile has nailed it.
Some people unfortunately suffer from a lack of self respect, which not only hurts them but others also.
If they are lucky, with age comes wisdom.
Not always the case, unfortunately, but, goddammit, you get that!
Mate, you are obviously doing the right thing, and in a way, I think you are 'carrying' their burden for them.
Fortunately YOUR shoulders are wide enough.
Yeh, does make you spit, but!
Cheers.

jasonb
07-01-2007, 07:50 PM
the worst part about it is that there everywhere ,there like bloody flies,if you dumped it on there front lawn theyd be down your throat

Wayne_Red
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Fortunately these yobos were in a hire boat which hopefully means they were on there only nautical outing for the year.
Wayne

bidkev
07-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm more than bloody dissapointed.............I feel like packing it in altogether. I've just got back from a camping trip on short Island and the crap there was unbelievable. The kids couldn't even paddle because of the glass on the beach. Colac girl spent 4 days trying to clean it up but more was uncovered with every low tide. After my experience at frazer this was all I needed to start a new year >:( :'(

I have to assume that the original huts on there (correct me if I'm wrong) were set up by a "responsible" fishing club. "Responsible" my arse! They buried all their crap and even laid the concrete slabs with a foundation of bottles to save on concrete. Of course, the banks have eroded and there's more than 200 metres of beach littered with glass and chunks of concrete..........add to that the subsequent crap that others have left behind........we couldn't bring it all out with us and I reckon it'd take 4 blokes a week to clean the place up. The surrounding areas of Slipping sands and now crusoe is beginning to look the same.

I wonder if it really is a minority that let us down or is it rather more like us responsible Ausfishers are the minority and the majority fishos that we don't know are the wankers.

A dissilusioned kev

sandbankmagnet
07-01-2007, 08:40 PM
That's a shame Kev.

Keep in mind that it was common practice to place glass in concrete foundations to keep rats at bay. They chew through plain concrete. It may or may not have been the intention.

bidkev
07-01-2007, 11:32 PM
That's a shame Kev.

Keep in mind that it was common practice to place glass in concrete foundations to keep rats at bay. They chew through plain concrete. It may or may not have been the intention.

Mate, whatever the reasons, there is no excuse for burying your crap. If you can ship in concrete, then you can ship out rubbish. The banks there are exposed and you can see the rubbish embedded in them. These are folk who had the wherewithall to acces boats, buy tackle, and build sheds. Not lower socio-economic classes, junkies, hoons, or whatever...........so-called respectable informed people who serviced their own requirements at the expense of our kids future..so it is with the present crap deposited by today's fishos/campers that is accumulating at once was pristine environment.

My case rests.

kev

Black_Rat
08-01-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm more than bloody dissapointed.............I feel like packing it in altogether. I've just got back from a camping trip on short Island and the crap there was unbelievable. The kids couldn't even paddle because of the glass on the beach. Colac girl spent 4 days trying to clean it up but more was uncovered with every low tide. After my experience at frazer this was all I needed to start a new year >:( :'(

I have to assume that the original huts on there (correct me if I'm wrong) were set up by a "responsible" fishing club. "Responsible" my arse! They buried all their crap and even laid the concrete slabs with a foundation of bottles to save on concrete. Of course, the banks have eroded and there's more than 200 metres of beach littered with glass and chunks of concrete..........add to that the subsequent crap that others have left behind........we couldn't bring it all out with us and I reckon it'd take 4 blokes a week to clean the place up. The surrounding areas of Slipping sands and now crusoe is beginning to look the same.

I wonder if it really is a minority that let us down or is it rather more like us responsible Ausfishers are the minority and the majority fishos that we don't know are the wankers.

A dissilusioned kev

Kev,

I've looked at camping on Short and would not reccomnend it #:o ! ;)

I sussed out the joint and had the same problems with broken glass #;) it must be a becon for yoobos ! ie: break your stubbie here and don't give a F^^^$$@$k about anyone else who wants to use the island ! I did note that there was a few bottles in the old slabs of concrete #but not to the extent where you should have to watch your every step !

It is a shame really because it is a nice spot and only a stones throw away from some good yabbie banks #:)

Damo.

bidkev
08-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Yeah Damo, the glass in the concrete wouldn't be a problem if perhaps the slabs had remained the right way up but somehow they've got broken up and turned upside down. The main problem is the erosion of the banks and the buried glass and cans then becoming exposed.

It's the overall picture of what is happening to the pin that depresses me. Whilst we were there a flotilla of big boats passed by and the bank that I was stood on fishing, collapsed under me from the effect of the wash and I nearly ended up on me arse on a pile of glass.

On Kalinga there was a crab pot and some other crap placed high on a tree.........it could only have got there by some ######## actually climbing the tree. Crusoe is showing severe erosion even in the short time since I was last there. ....what used to be a clear beaching spot and sand for the kids to play in is now coffee rock and concrete blocks and the grassed area above the water line that used to take a big tarp is now only big enough for a few small tents. I have seen gradual deterioration over 4yrs but the sudden change of the land/waterscape in the last 6 months is staggering. I only hope that it is "cyclic" and the sand will return with a cyclone, but I doubt it.

I feel the days of "wild" camping by the water are fast diminishing and we seem to have brought it upon ourselves :'(

kev