PDA

View Full Version : BACKPACKERS ON FRASER ISLAND

onmyown123
10-09-2006, 05:29 PM
It amazes me how these people are allowed to drive 4x4's on Fraser Island. I have just come back from over there for a period of 4 days and I was nearly run over twice, saw one roll over, one throwing garbage out the windows and seen them camp right next to no camping signs. Is it just me or does it happen when other fishos go over. Also why can't the QPWS make it that you only pay for the time you are over there driving,and not pay the one months fee. I am sure it would be a lot easier for people who have to save all year to go on a tailor trip to Fraser. ::)

snappa
10-09-2006, 06:05 PM
you forgot they sh*t every where....

walk around after they have goneeeeee ... THE MESS ..

fisherman[all that i have meet] protect the island and look after it ..

in our group [go fishing] if any of the younger drivers star playing up [driving all over the dunes] they are spoken to regardless who it may OFFEND ...

Gorilla_in_Manila
10-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah ..... all of that....

... And if you are foolish enough to stop and help pull them out of a bog, they won't have any recovery gear, so you get to use your snatch strap and they will probably drive over it and wrap it around their greasy axle and let you untangle it an roll it back up and brush all the sand off by yourself and may or maynot offer you a warm beer for your trouble.

And don't get me started on the oxygen theives they have put behind the wheels of some of the tourist busses.... >:( >:( >:(

Mutter mutter, grumble, snide remark, grumble, mutter ...

lock
10-09-2006, 07:05 PM
I have seen a tourist bus driver abuse an old bloke because he was stuck in his way he then proceded to drive drive around and rip shit out the scrub . It was not the old fellas fault there had not been any rain at the time for awhile and the sand was prety deep and loose . My mate and I stayed to help the old fella who told me he has been going over there every year for the past 40 and has never encounterd anything like that bus driver. I just told him to ignore the ba**ard but you could see he was genuialy disapointed with the driver.

mitch_05
10-09-2006, 07:18 PM
lived in herveybay for 5 years and you could always count on at least one accident a month from the tourists that required the rescue helicopter to be deployed :o

onmyown123
10-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Sorry guys I forgot all the dunny paper over the place and those ignorant self centred Bus Drivers full of future backies to stuff the island up.

Kevvy

ele-phrez
10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
>:( >:(

hussy
10-09-2006, 08:56 PM
didn,t you know we bend over backwards for these backpackers. personally i wouldn,t feed the bludgers, they want everything for stuff all , are mostly arrogant bastards, work tax free whilst on a holiday visa, and do stuff all for the local economy, i would ban them,like those waste of space ,bus drivers ,who think, like some guides that think they own the place, and bugger any one else. hubby

gawby
10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
If i drove my truck on the highway like those wankers in those busses i would have the coppers after me. :o :o :o :o :o
And as for the back wackers best i dont get banned for saying something wrong. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Graeme ;)

Obi___Wan
10-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Used to go to Fraser for a week every year with my son, my mate , his sons and a couple of other fishing mates.

We all used to enjoy it so much the annual event couldn't come around quick enough, that was until 6 or 7 years ago, i was the first to say, i've had enough of this crap, i'm not going again as i can stand the way these ferals are destroying the Island.

They couldn't drive a greasy stick you know where, chop up all the tracks including the dunes which none of us ever drove on.
Scrounging food and drinks, or trying to, walking through your camp at all hours of the night.

Leaving food scraps behind or as we saw on many occasions, feeding the dingoes.

Just walking around was like being in a mine field, you had to watch very carefully where you trod lest you got that greasy smelly waste they left behind squishing up between your toes.

I'm afraid that the quest for the almighty dollar by a number of very greedy people has completely stuffed Fraser.

You know in reflection, before the Backers came the Island was a truely beautiful magnificient place.

All the fisherman that we knew that visited the Island, loved the place and looked after it if it was their own personal property.

Look at it now' Thanks to all the ferals.

Totally P***ED OFF

Fat Chilli
10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
And after they've done all of the above the have the audacity to set up camp right next to you at midnight , steal your wood (when fires were allowed) and then piss you off even more to ask for a hammer. I'll give them a bloody hammer.
Funniest thing is that the Landcruiser rental mobs tell them not to deflate their tyres or they will lose their deposit, no wonder their always bogged. Hmmm, 3 ton vehicle, 11 backpackers, camping gear 1 metre high on the roof rack = overloaded :o

Dumbasses ;D.

Hornblower
10-09-2006, 10:41 PM
God must love stupid people - he made so many of them ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Backpackers - well don't get me started, it is an industry here now and most of it is run by scum bags who rip them off. However, they are their own worst enemies, stealing, doing drugs, behaving badly etc etc etc etc....

As for the bus operators, if they were in a bind, they would be the first to ask to give em a hand. So much for promoting Australia as a friendly race >:( >:( >:( >:(

Regards ;) ;) ;) ;)

wessel
10-09-2006, 11:16 PM
I did the backpack there-is-always-space-for-one-more type of bus thing on Fraser a couple of years back with the wife.
Friendly local driver who had to stop and lend assistance on two occasions where vehicles got stuck. If i remember correctly, they were snobs from Sydney ;)

All rubbish was stacked in the bus and brought back with us.
No radios or blaring music was allowed
You were not allowed to just wander off in the bush unless it was on a marked pathway or one of those raised wooden walkways
Every time we stopped for a photo moment, it was always well away from campers
Not once did the driver speed
To some it up, he was a professional guide who knew his stuff and he explained beforehand the do's and donts.
There were other busses stuffed to the rafters with backpackers who did not quite follow the rules though. We saw one of them stuck on a dune, neither our guide nor the fishos on the beach offered any assistance to get them out of their predicament.

It is entertaining to watch a bus fully loaded cross a little stream at speed........ and that little stream is deeper than you think ::)

It is bad to hear that a special place like Fraser is being spoiled.

Wess

mitch_05
11-09-2006, 06:14 AM
it is onl;y some bus drivers that are bad, there a a few on the island that are good

Poodroo
11-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Yes I have to agree. I have stated in earlier posts about my disappointment about the state of Fraser Island at the moment. Just came back from there a few weeks ago and I was appauled by the amount of litter strewn along the beach this year. It was a lot worse than it was last year. Tourism is booming in our country and particularly on Fraser Island. Our greed for money through the tourism industry is going to sadly cost us dearly in the end when we lose our lovely island. Sooner or later the government is going to over-react and blame the fishermen and have us all kicked off.

Poodroo

S.S.
11-09-2006, 08:35 AM
"Feral" backpackers (or flatbackers ::)) are a major problem up there. #yes, we've seen the rollovers, have almost been wiped out by inexperienced drivers (most who have never been behind the wheel of a large vehicle) the rubbish, the total lack of hygiene from these visitors (i don't believe they know how to dig a hole for their excretion). # It's disgusting. #Apparently backpacker hostels are pretty much the same. # I'd certainly hate to clean their bedrooms #:P

We also come across the ferals regularly when we travel around Australia. The "caravan park" at Lakelands has stuck in my mind. There were about 10 ferals staying in the accommodation there and were supposed to be cleaning the toilets and showers. There were hairs in the drains, the place was soooooooooooooo filthy you wouldn't want to put an animal in there. Ugh!

Ferals!

rough_shag
11-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Those backpackers should not be allowed to drive a 4x4 full of their mates on a world heritage listed island like Fraser-it contradicts the whole point of listing the island in the first place! not to mention the obvious dangers of driving on soft sand etc.I have had a couple of trips ruined by drunk,swearing,abusive louts from o/seas and have picked up their empties left all over the lakeside at Mckenzie.Enjoying the serenity of a cooling swim in the lakes or Eli creek quickly turns into a nightmare once you get invaded by hundreds of young backpackers and day trippers all out for a partytime.It seems to me that the majority of 'em don't care a toss about the beauty of the place but just see it as an isolated place away from the law where they can yahoo around and do as they please.
QPWS come up with rules and charges all the time supposedly because they want to protect the place but still allow these unskilled,unqualified vandals to trash the place at will which is totally hypocritical and contradictory.Maybe if these imported hoons had to complete a 2 day offroad driving course and environment test before they were elligible to drive on Fraser we'd see a lot less of 'em taking up the option.Also the businesses in Harvey bay and Maryborough who hire out the vehicles should be made to pay restitution/fines for damage caused by their vehicles as they know very well what the situation is with backpackers hiring their vehicles and just don't care.
Instead of banning us from having a camp fire at beachside campsites etc the QPWS should be focussing on the real dangers to Fraser Island but then again that would be too much like common sense wouldn't it?. Jace. ps:plenty of Aussie backpackers go o/seas and trash other countries too-very embarrassing to witness.

Stu
11-09-2006, 09:10 AM
The problem is that us responsible fishing people get the blame for the damage these yobbo's cause and the crap they leave behind.
Cheers
Stu

wessel
11-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Will it help to take pictures and send it on to the responsible department.
You guys have a very vocal press that I am sure would love to publish something like this, especially when you have pictures of the rubbish left behind, statistics on the amount of accidents that take place, first hand accounts of witnesses etc.

Just an idea

Wess

hungry6
11-09-2006, 02:16 PM
We had to stop and help one of them before they kill themselves. They were well and trully bogged with a flat tyre, I still dunno how they got the flat tyre, and then the jack they were using to lift the car was sinking into the sand. Then one of them came up with the bright idea of using a frying pan, as a base support for the jack. When we arrive at the scene, I nearly pass out!! As one of them was under the troopie digging it out with the whole thing supported by the base of a frying pan. 2mins latter with an air bag jack and the were free to go to destroy anothe part of the track. Sometime they do test the human instinct to help others in needs.

jim_farrell
11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
An international license should not give you access to any beach.

The backbackers aren't the only ones that do the wrong thing. I think it is mostly the people who go there as a one off.
I don't understand. We regularly get a visit from the ranger to inspect the camp. If this is happening, why are people not being held accountable, or is it to hard????

SURF_SNIPER
11-09-2006, 02:32 PM
on the topic of tour bus drives... there is a company that operates in 100 series cruisers.... these blokes a tot wankers!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been nearly hit by them fishing plenty of times ,have had them over take me regularly at speeds probly greater then 110 km's per hour so the can race the tide back down the beach on the way home. trust me ive abused them numerous time over the years..tot wankers >:( >:(

then there are alot of other operators that are very good..

backpackers....... dont even get me started... the only good thing about them is the bussiness the bring a few locals at rainbow with there purchases of condoms and alchol..... try using a public phone at rainbow beach, ther's normally a line up of about 20 friggin backpackers all wanting to talk to mom and dad in some other country for and hour or so.

insideout
11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
you want to see them when they stock up here in hervey bay before they head over to the island, when they pull up to the shopping centres and spill out of the 4x4s. It looks like something from a circus, when you count them as they jump out- ive counted up to 14 people in one 4x4. Then after thay been shopping, there is 14 people + 150 kgs of food , grog ect. How there is not more accidents , i dont know, but im sure 14 people in one troopie is not legal...

maxwellson
11-09-2006, 04:28 PM
an uncle of mine used to go there regularly years ago (35)
he lives at rainbow
hasnt set foot on the place for at least 10 years
he cant bear to see the damage

it just stinks as does there leftovers

but what can be done to remedy the situation ??

it hurts to say this ....NOTHING !!

money and greed hold the aces im afraid..

i hope like hell that im wrong with my assumtion

the tour operators need to be held responsible

or the bad ones weeded out at least..that would be a start !!

cheers Maxi

Black_Rat
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
It can be a laugh watching them at times #;D but not to the detrament of the enviroment #>:(

There are plenty of grubs from Australia though. The fly in fly out type, there just to get on the piss and run a muk >:(

I really don't mind backpackers really, especially the female breed on a hot summers day at Lake McKenzie #::) ;D ;D ;D

Poodroo
11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
but im sure 14 people in one troopie is not legal...

14 "people" in a troop carrier certainly is not legal but perhaps 14 knuckleheads is? They pay big money to get onto the islands and this is why they will never be stopped from going there. Nobody will say no to them whilst they are waving the $$$$ in front of their noses. Only thing I can suggets at this point would be to maybe get a good name for ourselves (the regular rec fishers) and pick up what we see. If you see litter on the beach, stop and pick it up and dispose of it later. If we all did this then I am sure we could make a difference. Don't just ignore it by driving over it. Obviously the litterbug tourists are going to be like annoying flies. No matter how hard we lash out with the fly swatter they keep on coming.

Poodroo

jim_farrell
11-09-2006, 07:45 PM
How about a different colour permit for newbies. That way the rangers could give more scrutiny to one off travellers to the island. Surely our permits are now on computer and they can tell who has applied before.
Jim

onmyown123
12-09-2006, 04:14 AM
I think a good way to get the mess cleaned up is to get the crims from the prison farms to clean it up( like where are they going to run to!!!! ) and in the process pick up some backies and mix them with them, NO ONE WILL NOTICE!!!! ;D. Also what about work for the dole scheme, I am sure there are plenty of them out there who would take on the chance to go to Fraser. I try and pick up SOME and that is SOME of the garbage, but hey I save all year to go over there. But picking up other peoples crap is not usually on my agenda.

KEVVY ;)

Barrymundi
12-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Our last trip to Fraser was Easter 12 years ago.

Place is ruined by Backpackers, tour operators, locals, etc..... The majority doesn’t care, come once, paid my money, do what I want. I have always supported a license- permit for Fraser. Training for 4WDs and Eco awareness of the island. Then you apply for a permit. Your permit is graded, good, bad, ugly, depending on your experience and number of visits to the island.

Money should never be a factor for Fraser Island. Fraser Island is so unique and should be protected for our grandchildren and their grandchildren.

If it is about money, send in the timber trucks, millions of dollars worth of timber on the place.

The some process should go for Double Island Point- Freshwater, similar problems

Al

maxwellson
12-09-2006, 06:08 AM
alan tsv

WHAT !!!!

cut the trees down !!!!

youve got to be kidding mate.... :-? :-? :-?

think you missed the point here mate

preservation and conservation for our children and grandchildren

gees ?? :( :(

Smailesy
12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
>:(

Barrymundi
12-09-2006, 05:36 PM
have another read Max before you jump on your high horse

Al

SURF_SNIPER
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
i think you've mistaken what al was trying to say ::)

hussy
12-09-2006, 09:23 PM
al was merely being sarky, not serious. hubby

rick_k
13-09-2006, 12:58 AM
then again, it was logged, and was mined, and it was still good enough for world heritage listing......

Was it better managed then, or now?

I'd never go back there. Don't care how cute the Eurochicks are in their black one peicers, there's just too many people.

As to clowns, the bloke who played 12th man cds flat out at midnight at Dundaburra was a strong contender. He did however, see the error of his ways. I'd say he was an Aussie :-?

SECRET_AGENT
13-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Went to Faser in March this year, had not been since 1969. What a disgrace. From what I observed, it was only the aussie fisho,s doing the right thing.

First thought that came to mind was. THE DAINTREE

Now that the Beatie gov has been re elected, they have a mandate to steal the land from some 220 land holders up there and hand it over to tourism, Back packers etc.

( I say the the word STEAL, that is what it is called when you take something from somebody that they own FREEHOLD )

Can you imagine what the pristine Draintree will end up like when hundreds of back packers per day, 365 days a year, converge on the place in wicked rented vans, crapping all over the place, washing themselves and there clothes in the rivers etc.

What you see at Fraser is the future in store for the Daintree, Thanks to the Beatie government.

Cheers Don

maxwellson
13-09-2006, 06:09 PM
re read the thread and apologies definately in order and given.....
didnt quite get in the stirrup ALan .

humbly Maxi

Seamus
13-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Was over there last week, and it looks as though the QPWS has decided to get rid of the usual bin sites ie Happy Valley, and in lew have provided bins surrounded by enclosures. I don't know what all the sites were prior to the relocations, but the only ones we could find now were just south of the Mahino and another at the Cathedrals (can't speak for North of there). I don't know what the QPWS plans are, but it's a bit of a drive to just two sites, and if that is the case (knowing how human nature is) this will not help in keeping this bit of paradise litter free :'(

Did hear a rumour that there may (anyone else hear similar?) be plans by the QPWS to make the situation whereby you take home with you what rubbish you bring. Don't know about this one though because they have gone to a bit of an effort in building the enclosures I mentioned above.

Time will tell

Regards
Seamus

Barrymundi
13-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Cheers Maxi ;)

Burley_Boy
13-09-2006, 08:48 PM
At least its comforting to know that the Aussie backpackers trecking through the world don't behave in this way. Never seen an aussie lout backpacker leaving his shit behind... ::) ::) ::)

hussy
13-09-2006, 09:40 PM
wouldn,t ever go back there again ,one big shithouse rubbish everywhere,people everywhere, get a strike on your rod next thing 50 fishermen fighting for position, bloody tourist hire 4wds doing mach 3 along the beach, got me beat why there aren,t a lot of people killed there
noisy at night with bloody yahooing hoons with their stereos blaring with there yo -bro crap music. its a bloody discrace, and double island aint much better. hubby

rough_shag
15-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Gotta disagree with Burleyboy,I have travelled around the world twice and due to the disgraceful behaviour of some Aussie backpackers I am sometimes embarassed to admit I'm an Aussie which automatically labels you as a tightarse, drunken,crude lout thanks to the antics of some of these idiots.Just have a look at Anzac cove after the war memorial services are held in Turkey-disgraceful.One time I saw blokes in slouch hats with corks bending over and mooning diners at a restaurant in Paris another time a bunch of Aussie packers at the Vatican museum were yahooing and swearing profusely whilst denegrating the place loudly,when asked to tone it down by the security guys they tore into a foul mouthed tirade calling the guards f'ing wogs,what made it worse was that they had our flag sown to their packs.

jimlawler1980
15-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Each year my wife and I go up with her parents for a weeks holiday. Even in just three years I have noticed a very large increase in the damage to the environment. We stay at Orchid Beach and are very careful to stay away from the standard tourist hot spots. When we were up there earlier this year two lots of tourists in rented 4wds had tried to go too fast through Eli Creek and didn't see the considerable drop into the fast flowing water. Next thing you know....nose plant and bogged!
Crazy drivers!!

Hairymick
30-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Bloody back packers,

They bring $5.00 and a shirt, stay 6 months and don't cange either. Hervey Bay is full of the filthy buggers.

good read kev, thanks for pointing me at this one.

onmyown123
30-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Wh ;)y thankyou Mick, see ya on the water. Just watch out for the backies!!!!

bj
30-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Just got back from 2 weeks camping at Marloo camping area & fortunately missed out on much of the backpackers & hire vehicles as I believe that they are not allowed to go past Indian Head. Had a drive one day to Happy Valley & could not believe the amount of Troop Carriers fully loaded with back packers
& apparently a bit of camping gear on the roof rack. Would be a lot of money spent in Happy Valley in the hour or so that I was there, no wonder the prices are so much inflated. Diesel at Orchid Beach was $1.75tr & Happy Valley & Big 4 at the Cathedrals $1 85. Personally I cant stand them grubs is what I think of them & unfortunately spoiling it for all of us that try to do the right thing & I have been going to Fraser for 30 years & love the place.

lock
02-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah rough shag I just came back from traveling and would agree that I met some aussies that I was embarrased about. There the ones who give us the bad names. I am just glad there are alot of better aussies traveling also

castlemaine
03-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Went to Fraser over Christmas with friends that have never been before ... when ever they were the leading car they kept pulling off to give way to every vehicle. In the end I had to tell them that the unwritten rule is the more vehicles you have in convoy gets right-of-way and buses get right of way every time. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's the rule we've worked on over the last 15 years. :)
Had to advise some backpackers to let their tyres down to stop getting bogged in front of us all the time. One of them thanked me later when they bumped into us at Lake Wabby.
A ranger told me that when they roll a vehicle what causes the injuries is the axes, eskies, stoves, etc roll around with them. The bloke at the Cathedral shops reckons the backpackers walk out with more than the pay for.
What I still hate is vehicles that don't slow down when they see kids. Backpackers and others! I have my heart in my mouth everytime my kids are on the beach.
Overall we had a great time and my friends want to go back even though the fishing was crap from the weed.

Fishbone
03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
On the way home last year we came across this at Hook point - a sharp right hander with just a touch of off-camber. #Take one Troopie with a full load of backpackers in the back, a roof rack full of junk just to get the centre of gravity nice and high, take an inexperienced driver just going that little bit too fast for the conditions ( probably 70 KPH) and this is what you get.

Body on the ground was a young girl who appeared uninjured but was suffering a bit of shock. #Other walking around were a little dazed from the mix-master ride. #It only made a 270 degree roll over but it was stuffed!

Have been told that if the accident is single vehicle then no insurance!!!!

GAFYM
03-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Ferals....BLOOOOOODY FERALS.... is the only way to describe them.

Must admit, have never been to Fraser mainly because of what others tell me about the place.

But i have done 4 trips to Cape York and believe me there is no difference up there. The rubbish they leave is hard to believe and the cowboy tourist bus drivers are an accident waiting to happen.

Very true about the Daintree and Leeann P has it spot on.

It isn't just 4X4's either.....Camels, Horses, Pushbikes (yep true) and blody noisy Trailbikes by the dozens.

Makes u want give up and go and hide but they are there too... >:( >:(

cooky
08-01-2007, 09:23 AM
I'd never go back there. Don't care how cute the Eurochicks are in their black one peicers, there's just too many people.

sounds great to me - never been there. might have to check it out now ;D

seriously though - backpackers can be bad, but the scene is changing - many, many backpackers are loaded $$$ and are spend quite a lot per day. Backpackers are becoming older (mid twenties to thirties) and are professionals who have worked for a number of years. The greater number of people you attract to any location, the more rubbish, etc tends to accumulate and make it look terrible - mostly because no one wants to clean it up. There are plenty of old and young people who get pissed and leave their rubbish and it never gets cleaned up. My mates and I often go camping / fishing and get pissed too, however we always clean up and will go to great lengths not to leave a mark - we respect the environment.

blody noisy Trailbikes by the dozens
I think a bit more tolerance is required here. Many fisherfolk are 4x4 owners, many 4x4 owners are trailbike riders. People who like fishing mostly liike the outdoors and the environment. Motorbike riders (mostly) are in the exact same category. Who cares about a bit of noise - mostly not for long and they're enjoying themselves. Your 2 stroke boat motor probably isn't the quiestest thing in town either - or your turbo diesel cruiser with a 3inch exhaust. I have just started trailbike riding again after many years off the bike and it's a great way to see /experience beautiful places - i have taken it camping - I start it - ride away from other campers and stay away - then come back. Other campers might experience 40 secs of noise.

GAFYM
08-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Cooky, You are in a minority and good on ya.

We (many campers) had to put up with about a dozen of them revving their bikes racing all round us and they thought they owned the place. When complained told to "F" off in no uncertain terms.

PS....motor is 4 stroke and i dont start it in camping grounds.

And i do realise a few make it bad for a lot :P

cooky
09-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Cooky, You are in a minority and good on ya.

We (many campers) had to put up with about a dozen of them revving their bikes racing all round us and they thought they owned the place. When complained told to "F" off in no uncertain terms.

PS....motor is 4 stroke and i dont start it in camping grounds.

And i do realise a few make it bad for a lot

maybe I am in the tolerant minority. I don't mind others having fun, without getting ridiculous. When camping recently I took my bike to a camping spot. - Honda CR250 (2 stroke and loud when revved). I started where camping and idled out of the camping area - then hit it - would have been 10 secs of noise - who cares!! not as bad as that night when a bunch (3 or 4 respectable looking middle aged couples) got on the piss or drugs or something and carried on shreeking and yelling until about 3am - it was seriously like they had popped some wacky drugs.... do I now make statements about all campers aged in their 40's?? and tar them with the same brush. I may be only 32, but have been camping a hell of a lot and to many places - I've seen a lot of crap behaviour from all sorts of people - it is rare that I get mad - but I certainly don't tolerate stupid and disrespectful behaviour.

lee8sec
09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
And i suppose its the back packers that leave the plastic pillie & prawn bags on the rocks & beaches, get drunk & start fights at schoolies week all around the country & leave rubbish & bottles every where, break into our houses and steal our property, roam the streets in gangs, manufacture drugs & sell them, start bush fires, rude unthinking people at boat ramps that leave rubbish, fish guts & empty cans :-?, Oh no, thats "our" kids, that differant isn't it. #Its over usage & uncontrolled usage that is destroying fraser island and other areas and WE are ALL to blame, not just the back packer, trail bike rider, horse rider, push bike rider, #4X4 user & fishing people. Leigh