PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation in Taylor's Beach, QLD

the_barra_masta
08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am heading off on a fishing trip to Taylor's Beach, QLD near Lucinda. I am seeing if there are any Ausfisher's who have stayed in the actual township and could recommend somewhere to stay.

There are a few of us going, so we are looking for a house to stay in for about 6 days.

Also, if anyone knows the area, any hints or tips on fishing in the area would be much appreciated. #;) It's always worth asking.

Cheers and Tight Lines,
Big Ben - /me

cooky
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
ring the real estate agent in the area - they organise holiday rentals. We've stayed at a beach house before - simple and clean. Was actually able to drive boat right up to back yard (few metres from house) on high tide (5.4m cuddy cabin). If you have tinnies - not a bad idea - only problem is you can't go anywhere on low tide. you can fish in the creek for flathead, etc - always had some luck. Otherwise head to the Lucinda jetty or Palm Island area. I've never done that well, so don't listen to me.

the_barra_masta
08-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks Cooky,

Will try that tomorrow when i get a chance.

Cheers,
Big Ben

GAD
08-01-2007, 06:54 PM
G'day Ben
Tayors Beach , love it #.
# # # #tide goes out 100m, the creek is full of sand bars, used to fish it #a lot when I was younger now not so much [ got to get down there to visit folks], but see jack and barra caught there and got a few myself ,got my 7 year old nephew his first barra an 87cm near the ramp.
# # # On the high and making tide there are small grunter and good size whiting up to 45cm and the nephews and neices love that on their light gear.... very occassionally when we are there we go out on a high to Lady Elliott reef in front of Forrest beach.
Then just a short drive to lucinda and you can head to the palms , Brambles reef and Brittomart are about 40-50 km out
# #Smiths creek is just south of Cardwell , a small ramp able to lauch you in to the #hinchinbook #system to fish the creeks with out going over the chop of the channel , good fishing to be had but I all ways got to work for them.

Taylors Beach , quiet relaxing ,,, Damn now I want to go .....

mate you enjoy yourself now.....

# # # # # # # # # # #Greg

#

the_barra_masta
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi GAD,

Thanks for the tips. Am really looking forward to it.

Have gotten in contact with some of the real estate agents in and around the area, and it looks like we have a couple of places to choose from.

Will keep everyone posted on how we go, accomodation and fishing/crabbing wise.

Cheers,
Big Ben