LET_IT_RIP
24-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey guys just wondering which site you find the most accurate for planing your
fishing trips. I find buoyweather pretty good what do you think

cheers graham

Blackened
24-11-2006, 10:55 AM
G'day

seabreeze for me, and then the obcervations from the bureau a few hours beforehand.

dave

shorty01
24-11-2006, 10:57 AM
seabreeze gose good for me

cheers davo 8-)

sunny
24-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Seabreeze, BOM and Bouyweather. If they all agree that it's going to be good, then there's a good chance they're right and the trip is definitely a goer.

If BOM is being more pessemistic, then I find it pays to be a bit more careful about deciding wether to go or not.

gregdeeth
24-11-2006, 12:13 PM
buoyweather for me very comprensive if you subsribe

disorderly
24-11-2006, 12:15 PM
for nth qld I find the AIMS site really good used in conjuntion with the aforementioned sites,almost up to the minute actual readings of wind direction and speed.
cheers Scott

gilbo
24-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I have been pondering this question myself for some time. The actual data must all come from the same source as I assume see breeze parses the data of the BOM site to create its history graphs and extrapolates in conjunction with forcasts for its predictions. The wave bouy data only gets uploaded from the bouys 3 times a day and hence the graphs are only updted then. I was actually hoping to get get a hold of some of the data and corrolate it all on the one page showing past trends that match current conditions to give myself a better idea of what it is going to be like out on the bay.

ultimately what I wanted to be able to do was look at the actual reported conditions say at the inner beacon, combine this with the forcast for the next 12 hours, add on the tides, then look in the historical data for conditions that match these criteria, grab the dates and return the historical wave bouys plots for these times.

I really need a life :)

Cheers

Shane

TonyOW31
24-11-2006, 12:25 PM
I've found that looking out of the window is a far better proposition, dont think I've ever been out and had the weather agree with the forecast.

Slient
24-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Forget Brownies and its same thing to BOM
See last month's issue brought up by T1

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1160604748/0

I'll go with seabreeze for quick check

Silent

seatime
24-11-2006, 02:50 PM
bom or buoyweather on subscription then seabreeze for a quick comparision.

echo Silent's comment, Brown-nose is a link to bom.
and we don't mention him anymore :-X

BrandonH
24-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Seabreeze and BOM, BOM can be a bit hard to get around to start with but its very good ;) I tend to only look at buoy weather when seabreeze and BOM are conflicting. Yes NO MORE BROWNIES [smiley=rifle.gif] he can go and get #:-X :-X #;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Brandon...

charleville
24-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Seabreeze, BOM and Bouyweather. #If they all agree that it's going to be good, then there's a good chance they're right and the trip is definitely a goer.

If BOM is being more pessemistic, then I find it pays to be a bit more careful about deciding wether to go or not.

Agree totally. See an earlier post of mine about the night when it went pear shaped for me in spite of the forecasts http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1156776780

See graphic below.

Willo
24-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Bouyweather for me as well especially with subscription [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Have often found windows in the weather to get out when all other sites predict Doom and Gloom

B.F.A.
24-11-2006, 06:10 PM
i'm the same as everyone else buoyweather with subscription seems to be the most accurate, but i always check them all [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

snapperm8
25-11-2006, 06:51 PM
g'day wat is the actual site for buoyweather? and i find if BOM says its gonna be 5-10 knots then the day will be good other wise it varies ive found alot that BOM has said 10-15 morning then 15-20 in the afternoon and seebreeze says its around 5 knots all day and i didnt go out becuase of what BOM has said and then find out later on that the water was glass.

cheers dave

fish2eat
25-11-2006, 09:37 PM
used them all for several years.........my rankings for accuracy

1. Buoyweather - good

2. seabreeze - OK, especially 24 hours out

3. Brownies/BOM - generally crapola

aussiefool
26-11-2006, 04:30 AM
look at all of them ... quick peek at the web cam for D'bar and stick my head out the window, If all good then off we go

hussy
26-11-2006, 06:01 AM
seabreze for me, dont go any where near brown-noses,find it a little in- acurate,plus he shits on you behind your back. have never tried bouyweather ,will look at today . bob h

Rod_Bender
26-11-2006, 08:17 AM
www.buoyweather.com is my only choice for the Townsville zone. I have used BOM b4, but find the buoy site a lot more accurate!!!

Glenn_Woods
26-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Since i heard about seabreeze from this site, That and BOM are all i use.
I dont beleive in Bouyweather as there predictions change quicker than my wife can change her mind. I know no one can look into a crystal ball and all predictions are just that, predictions. But Bouyweather's prediction changes are more radical. Sticking your head out the window to me is not a good idea when you plan to go out 45+ k's. It's a long way to come home when it's turned sour.

Woodsy.

favourite_whiting
26-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Seabreeze for us as find it easily and understanding.
Happy life of fishing
favourite_whiting ;)

dogsbody
26-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Seabreeze and Weather Watcher {you can get it at download.com}.

Dave.

jeffrey_h
26-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Just another look at the weather try
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/marine/marine.jsp?district=MQ00
If anyboby's got any spare time they should see who's more accurate at the end of the day?

Jeffrey

wayneoro
27-11-2006, 07:47 AM
seabreeze and buoy weather i never look at bom incase i'm silly enough to let it influence me i live inside fraser is buoy [virtual buoys] are on the outside of fraser so mostly seabreeze brownies is an insult

seatime
27-11-2006, 10:10 AM
G'day

I've been playing around with the 'virtual buoys' on the Buoyweather subscription facility.

using a lat & long or the google map, you can create your own prediction buoy for your own particular area.

providing your's isn't too close to an existing virtual buoy (you get same data), you will be given data for the new buoy you created.

have a go at the free 30 day trial for the subscription, then using the 'how to' in the 'help' menu, you can create a personal 'virtual buoy'.

30 days should hopefully be enough time to see if it's worthwhile paying the subscrition.

regards
Steve.

p.s. I have no connection to buoyweather, just reckon it may be a handy feature to use.

donn
27-11-2006, 11:08 AM
i have found seabreeze to be pretty accurate,but dont look at it till 6-7 am that morning+i live high on the cliff at shorncliffe& always check out the front.

breamking
27-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I am after a reliable weather sorce for offshore fishing.I really like to check out the sea surface teperature reading.? Is there anyone who can help me out here please.

Matt

Poodroo
27-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I am after a reliable weather sorce for offshore fishing.I really like to check out the sea surface teperature reading.? Is there anyone who can help me out here please.

Matt

For sea surface temps I use this one. Hope it helps.

http://www.marine.csiro.au/remotesensing/web_point/

Poodroo

Tropicaltrout
27-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Just wondering if any use the windfinder, its a ripper, for coastal areas give a wind forcast in kotts, for week in advance its faily accurate.other than that i use all of the above

moondancer
29-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Seebreeze, backed up by BOM observations and forecasts.....look for consistency in their patterns - if not consistent....go with the worst case, then drive down to the water to check it out!!

Northboy
02-12-2006, 10:14 AM
For Australia wide coverage check out www.askhuey.com.au The best is to log on as a free member and then you get all Bom, Noaa, tides,lunar, barometric and sea temp info on one page. I have been using it for weeks and once you get used to the charts underestimating the seabreeze it is a really good tool. I have even found the SMS weather really handy when I have been away fishing. Awesome!!! 5 Stars to the SMS.

jeffrey_h
27-12-2006, 10:45 PM
From the gps marks from another site I checked out the spots for a few wrecks around Hervey Bay last night and when some of them were a few MILES INLAND I figured the Bouyweather lat/long positions were not that accurate, so will rely on my chart only.

Jeffrey

wayneoro
28-12-2006, 08:55 AM
buoyweather for sure and seebreeze but for me at woodgate beach the buoyweather virtual buoys are a fair way out and which one will give the closest forcast we are on the inside of frasier is there buoys on the outside cheers

charleville
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Here is Seabreeze's performance at forecasting today as shown in the pic below.

'Tis a shame really - their presentation format is so very easy to read.

What makes it seem so bad for me is that even though the wind is blowing into the red regions according to their legend, their forecast at the very same time continued to show everything as being hunky dory.

:(

Slient
09-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes I just noticed seabreezer does many guess in the past weeks...
So in the past I have been checking the forecast - first on seabreezer because of pretty presentation then check BOM to make my final decision before boating...