PDA

View Full Version : Bait in Sawtell

dunny05
09-01-2007, 08:25 AM
iI have just moved to Sawtell & am having trouble finding squirt worms or blood worms. Any tips.
TIA
Dunny05

nigelr
09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Hiya Dunny.
Check out the yabbie grounds in Bonville creek.
Some nice whiting taken in here just on yabbies or beachworms.
Or check Sawtell Tackle & Bait, owner is a very keen and accomplished fisho.
Cheers and best of luck.

Pistol_Pete
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Mate,
If you can catch beach worms Sawtell Beach is loaded with big beach worms...
I used to go there all the time as me old mans sister lives there.....Good Jewie fishing there too mate. 8-)

BenatCoffs
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
iI have just moved to Sawtell & am having trouble finding squirt worms or blood worms. Any tips.
TIA
Dunny05

Heya, I live in Coffs and whilst I haven't heard of the worms you speak, I get plenty of beach worms off Boambee beach, and heaps of yabbies in the flats of Boambee creek. If you park at the boat ramp on hogbin drive, cross the road heading down stream and you will find a 4wd track, follow the track and it will lead away from the water, follow it until it gets close again and then walk through the mangroves and there is a massive sand bank chock full of yabbies and mangrove worms, also some good seagrass beds for getting poddies/herring. If you keep following the track you will get to a tree on the water with a rope swing, the water is about 4m deep just here and you'll meet a lot of young blokes coming down to livebait for jacks/jews and flathead.

The owner of Sawtell BnT is a top bloke and is worth stopping in to have a chat to!

hope this helps!