PDA

View Full Version : Your Ausfish highlight 2006?

dogsbody
27-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Gday people
Hope you all recovered from the big eat. Would like to hear your highlight of Ausfish this year.

Some of mine have been the reports, Ive especially enjoyed Charleville's a chuckle is always on the cards. And the info shared by members has given a lot to ponder. ::)

Also following Smelly's outboard tear down has had me glued to the monitor waiting to read that he has overcome another problem. I am amazed at the help offered to him from BM,Roughasguts,Chimo,FNQ and others it's been like a book wondering what will be the outcome. Smelly is one tenacious bloke. Good for him.

Tunaman well there's a few thigh slappers from him. Just what you need some days.

Lastly the general willingness of members to give others the time to offer their help.

So what have you enjoyed? :D :D

Dave.

Poodroo
27-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Highlights? Good thread dogsbody. I have so many which include having a day out on Pinhead's boat. Great guy with a great boat. Once again thanks for the hospitality Greg. For anyone who have been following the 4wd-offroad section there have been some great M&G sessions with Lucky_Phill. Through these I got to meet not only Phill but also some of the other great folk from this great site like Finding_time, Brett1907 to name a couple. The eagerness to meet and have fun with fellow Ausfish mates is hard to comprehend sometimes which makes this site second to none. Have also had fishing trips with Adamy(another great bloke) and enjoyed loads of exchanges of great information from many other people on here. Willingness to help when I have a question or just looking for ideas is just fantastic so a good pat on the back to everyone out there.
Last but certainly not the least was my treasured experience with Scalem catching my PB snapper at Mud Island this year which came in at 65cms. Nice fish but room for improvement which gives me something to look forward to in 2007. Thanks to all who have made this year memorable.

Regards,

Poodroo

JEWIENEWIE
27-12-2006, 12:30 PM
My highlight? would have to be being given great advice and what new boat i should get, the advice was spot on and with all the valuable info and advice was given i purchased my brand new rig which i could not be happier with. Thanks to all.
Jewie

blaze
27-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I think that mine would have to be the trips to 1770 and getting to meet the members that go up, great spot and couldnt ask for a better bunch. I also give credit to Smelly for having a go, been interesting.
Its all good
cheers
blaze

Fishing_Freddy
27-12-2006, 07:58 PM
The high light for me this year was getting an Australian record for a slender wrasse I caught at the Barwon Bank mid year with my fishing club
Ken ;D ;D ;D

snasman
27-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Recent trip to Darwin had a ball with my Daughter and landed 4 legal barra in day "mental note if moving to Darwin bye a boat with higher sides.

thehoodedwarriors
27-12-2006, 09:32 PM
:D

Great thread...

Highlight would be meeting Fat-Chili and him taking by man as a deckie.. Great stress releif for Brett as he is a prison guard. Ben is a crack up! and they seem to get along great. They have been out a few times on Ben's boat and had some great times

Thanks for your hospitality and vessel Ben,

Regards
Nichole

tunaman
27-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I would like to thank all Ausfish members for having fun with Tunaman and having a good old laugh. My high-light for the year was all of you, and I would thank all the people here, but there,s just too many to name.

I have learnt alot since being here.

Thanks again.

signed tunaman

sleepygreg
28-12-2006, 01:17 AM
My highlite for the year was finding this site. I moved to brissy at easter and was looking for info on fishing. Was`told about this site rsand have been addicted ever since. Great bunch of ppl....with heaps of knowledge i can draw from......and a few newbies that i may be able to give some of my limited knowledge to. Now.......who needs a deckie this year?????????

Cheers
Greg

BilgeBoy
28-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow so many posts I have read...hard to appoint a winner!!

Just for laughs...I laughed so much it hurt when I read the post about the guy on the Whithsunday trip who gutted his ramora only to realise it had a gut full of human turd!!!

For me...thanks to all those who helped out with my cavitating pop.

To the Mods and the Lords of Ausfish...Thank you the site itself has been a highlight

BilgeBoy

shayned
28-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Roz's Rod Building Weekend would be up there ;D along with Webby's River to Mud, but best of all and more importantly, the unexpected sight of Charleville giving a one line answer!!! ;D ;D ;D

charleville
28-12-2006, 05:09 PM
more importantly, the unexpected sight of Charleville giving a one line answer!!! ;D ;D ;D

. ;D

choppa
28-12-2006, 09:14 PM
back in early may of this year i had the pleasure of meeting 2 people that had a small impact on my outlook in life,,,,especially after spending most of 2005 in hospital,,

i reported this unexpected meeting here and copped a lot of good reports and pm's etc,,, but also copped a small amount of flack re the authenticity of the report,,all by members now gone

my highlite,,,steve and his dad are doing fine,,,,they are still in contact via mail,, and thoroughly enjoyed there visit to oz,,

i've never met anybody that endured so much,,,and yet had the outlook that these 2 had,,,not in real life anyway,,,,and that comes from knowing a lot of the patients of oncology at the RBWH,,

choppa

charleville
29-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Some of mine have been the reports, Ive especially enjoyed Charleville's a chuckle is always on the cards. .

Thanks for the vote of confidence, dogsbody. #;D

The reports are the main thing that I look for also. #A man has gotta know what is biting and where. #The advice that we all receive from genuine people on this site is great.

I also find the advice given in the tackle and boating sections to be very good. #It is quiet amazing just how much expertise is out there "prowling" around this site. #Many thanks to all who give such advice so willingly.

dogsbody
29-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Great to see a lot of diversity in what people like.

C'mon what keeps YOU coming back? Fess up.

Hot air Charlie ;D

Dave.

BR65
29-12-2006, 09:16 PM
High light would definately be watching the "your thoughts on BCF" thread.
Started in January and still going strong :-? :-? :-?
cheers
Brian

hardb8
29-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Cool thread,
Firstly finding this home away from home.All sorts of people from all walks of life,With one common passion...From the hardcore game boys,To the ones throwin a prawn from the servo.And some real cards amongst em.

The thing that stands out the most in my brief time is shayned and companys' effort to clean up North Pine Dam.

He went out of his way to orgainse food,Prize packs,And a clean up.With nothing in it for himself...His reward...That good felling inside,I'm sure you all know the one I'm on about .On ya m8!And all those involved!

For me you effort was the outstanding highlight.

Looking foward to 07.

Regards hardb8

Fat_Chilli
30-12-2006, 06:05 AM
My Ausfish highlights for 2006 -

Discovering saltwater fishing, then being pointed in the Ausfish direction, the 7 month search trying to find a boat, buying a boat (finally).
Monitoring the well documented rebuild thread of 'White Ants in the Play Pen', meeting the "Hooded Warrior" team, Brett and Nicole, and venturing offshore many times with Brett to watch and learn the fine art of catching Grinners - hohoho #;D.

Bring on low winds in 07!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Figjamm
30-12-2006, 11:41 AM
#1 Highlight of 2006 would have to be -

Rebuilding Play-Pen

Others of significance -

Spending many hours with Kingtin & his crew
Watching our son being towed around Jumpinpin in a 10' tinny by whatever was hooked on Kingtin's line.... twice!!!
Chatting with the Ausfishers who participated in the 'White Ants in the Play Pen' thread
Meeting fellow Ausfishers who called in at our campsite on Crusoe Is.
Reading (and learning from) oodles of ausfish threads

Personal highlights -

Sending our son to a Boating & Jetski Course for his 16th birthday.
Getting MY boat licence

Happy New Year to ALL
May 2007 be free of White Ants

--
Bev

P.S. Play-Pen and her crew will be camped on Crusoe Is. from Jan 1st - 6th
So pop in and say Gidday if your down Jumpinpin way.

bidkev
30-12-2006, 12:20 PM
#1 Highlight of 2006 would have to be -

Rebuilding Play-Pen

Bev

P.S. Play-Pen and her crew will be camped on Crusoe Is. from Jan 1st - 6th
So pop in and say Gidday if your down Jumpinpin way.

My highlighst would have to be:

Untangling myself after putting my fat foot through the placcy chair whilst helping with playpen, to find I *hadn't* broken my hip ;D ;D

Seeing it finally on the water

Meeting other ausfishers whilst out camping at crusoe.

Seeing Brandon's face when he lifted a huge cow tail tay after he was expecting a cobe to surface ;D

And quite simply - the whole year has been highlighted by a fine bunch of Ausfish folk who are always eager to help each other out, and being able to participate in what I consider to be the best site that I have ever encountered.

All praise to Steve and his crew.

kev

Brenno
05-01-2007, 10:12 AM
mine would be looking in the for sale section and finding a great looking boat that had almost everything i wanted a boat to have an at the right price, thanks wantofish, the boat is now sitting in the front yard being rained on, but thanks to the boat cover my brother got me for xmas it's nice and dry.

hey sleepygreg do you drive a 4x4, and was it up at nudgee beach that you receive advice about this site from a bloke fishing in the small creek? if so it was me that you were speaking to.

nice to know that you looked up the site and are enjoying you fishing up this way.

Mark

T1
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Well, where do i begin?!

Highlights!

Discovered and joined Ausfish - what a move!
Discovered SP's that led to the fish on the left and PB Snap's!
Rediscovered productive grounds - Wello Pt and Brissie Rvr (still working on Mud)!

Met TINN who is now a great mate (even our families have become friends)!!
Met great Ausfishers including ADAMY, GREAT WHITE, CHIEF (now i know where Garret works!!), AQUARIUS, STEVEN78, WEBBY, MARLIN MIKE, SOLWOTA among others and there's many more that i'd like to meet and fish with in 2007!!!!

And last but not least, the amount of wonderful info and knowledge shared by most on this site! Let's keep it up in 2007 and for years to come!!!

Take Care T

hooknose
07-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Just trying to absorb the info on beach fishing ( something I havn't had access to for years living up north and out west). The info I have found through using the search function offered up by the likes of Slider, Chris(GWH), Surf Sniper, Gorilla etc, etc is simply priceless and has got me super keen on beach fishing again. Looking forward to getting some sand between the toes later this month!!!
Cheers !!!

Poodroo
07-01-2007, 10:11 AM
A new highlight (1st for the new year) for me now occurred yesterday Saturday 6th. January '07 which was finally witnessing Great White get amongst some keeper squire on placcies. It doesn't get better than that. ::) ;D

Poodroo

roz
07-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Roz's Rod Building Weekend would be up there ;D along with Webby's River to Mud, but best of all and more importantly, the unexpected sight of Charleville giving a one line answer!!! ;D ;D ;D

Ta shayned,

I thoroughly enjoyed it myself, I will be asking for expressions of interest re another RB weekend this year.

But after posting a certain pic I'm wondering if Pinhead will be as generous with me as he was in '06. Well, at least I didn't post it in the 4wd section.

cheers Roz.

marlinqld
07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
The mateship.......the sharing of knowledge and experience willingly......helping others with boaT/TRAILER/GEAR PROBLEMS.

Thats what its all about

Mike

Great_White
08-01-2007, 07:57 AM
A few highlights to cover it was a top year #;) ;) ;)

Joining ausfish Wow, how it has increased my knowledge.

Buying a bigger boat suitable to go out into the bay.

Meeting and making new friends #on ausfish, who took the time to take me out for a fish and help me catch my first snapper.

Fishing with my wife.

Peter.

finga64
12-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Highlights eh,
Well, that's a hard task to answer as there's been a few. :)
The more memorable one's are the fishing trips with TOL, Choppa, Marlin Mike and Tomo. (in order of occurance)
The stories.... how can anybody go without Charlie's stories and Tunamans funniness and Kerry's thought provoking thoughts to name a few.
Reports...well aren't they treasures in themselves by everybody who provides them.
And meeting a few of the crew. That's always good to put faces to names.
Looking forward to 2007 now and I'll have to try hard and get to a M&G :)

PinHead
12-01-2007, 03:36 PM
surviving 2006 and making it into 2007

BigE
13-01-2007, 07:19 AM
white ants in the play pen...... many thanks Bev & Ross well done

closely followed by sounder pictures ....... good thread that one

Many thanks to Steve & the crew for the wonderful site

BigE