PDA

View Full Version : Fin Fish Fishery

Paul_Dolan
09-01-2007, 11:09 PM
To all that fish Queensland Inshore Fin Fish Fishery.
The Questionnaire is due to be handed in by the 7 of Febuary.

It can be obtained by either calling the DPI&F Info center on 13 25 23 or visit the DPI&F web site at www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb

It doesn't take long to fill out and you can be sure of one thing and that is the commercial sector will have filled one out for every member of there families and probably others.

I was at the commercial meeting held here in Hervey bay and one commercial admitted to the officer conducting the meeting [quote] the flats are stuffed!!! they then asked for the re-introduction of ring netting of the Spotty Mackerel and pursein netting of tuna.
And the officer said it would be considered

There are a lot of people in the bay now bitching about the GSMP locally known as the Great Smoke and Mirrors Park but did very little to stop it happening.

The local member that said on the front page of the Local Newspaper [quote] THIS IS MY BEST WORK YET even got voted back in and he belongs to the same Govt that is going to destroy the Mary River by putting another DAM on it .
You have to put in a submission to be heard no good bitching after the horse has bolted.

If you don't put in this Questionnaire in numbers we will loose again So fisho's of QLD and other states if you want to fish and have fish for the future take the time and send it in.
Our Childrens Children and so on depend on it.

Regards Paul

S.S.
10-01-2007, 08:46 AM
It would have been better if the questions were written in English, or perhaps just a little more clear and concise. What a load of hogwash! I reckon that the decisions have already been made, just like the questionnaire was finished before the last of the meetings. Smoke and mirrors alright!!

Nic
10-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Yes, it says "What should we look at IF we review bait and cast net laws?" (My own caps and italics.) Not "Should we review bait and cast net laws?"

Hopefully most people won't be fooled and will write in the Comments section "Bait and cast net laws should not be modified".

GBC
10-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up Paul,

Done and faxed...

C.J.

smee
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Just tried to down load this questionaire but it wouldnt allow it???
maybe ill have to ring.

smee

Paul_Dolan
10-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Leeann I agree but it still needs to be done otherwise they will say where not interested as with the marine park.
If every fisho in QLD and other states put in submissions things would be different.
Bet ya the commercial sector puts in heaps.

No worries C.J.

Paul

redspeckle
11-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Went to 7 Inshore Fin Fish Meetings #from Nossa to Southport out to Inala
So were are some of the questions in the questionnaire below from these meetings were asked #I can tell you they have there own agenda #only fish species in the questionnaire is sharks

Bait fish> Limit of a 10 litre bucket total all combine bait caught

Tailor > No netting 120 tonne limit for pros size to 40cm buy out of pros and rec species only (worth more to rec angles) interstate pro's #working in QLD #

Winter whiting >recent decline in numbers concerns of future of them survival, size limit of 20cms and bag limit 50 or Ten litre bucket

Artificial reefs. cost future in application /too much paper work and the EPA /putting in series of reefs to increase fish population instead of restocking

T.A.C (total allowable catches) of certain fish species
#
Resource Allocation> in what government collets in revenue no netting buy out on bread butter species restocking of fish species in decline and other one, so why not population increases and ppv money was for buy back and where's the money for boats ramps
# #
Flathead > slot size limits 40 to 70cm one should be kept at over 70 cm
Poor quality imports> prawns, fish worried about disease coming in and affecting our fishery

Enforcement> more officers, budgets, complaints of fish hot line when ring it lack of in action More powers to check possession limit like freezers ,better signage at boat ramps
#
Clarity of management fishery Eg swan bay signage issues where is gps ,buoys issues #
Mitch #>:(
Have to agree with Leeannp and Nic comments

BAIT_MAN
11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
As i went with redspeckle to those meeting there are also these following issues that were spoken about but they are not to be found for our comment

Complexes of Regulation and Rules,> need to make it simple and less complicated problems with #size limits for primary fish and there confusion of coral , rocky reef ,inshore fin fishery should be better list information these types of fishery

ROFAS>Rectional areas of fishing only #

Pelagics line fishing only by commercial and they have their T.A.C for incidental fish species when caught in nets

Status Q > on fish stocks/ nursery #> more info on back ground papers not enough scientific stock assessment information in plain language that we understand #tailor success of current measures #> effect of bag limits , size ,season closures

Diver Whiting> size limit of 15 cm bag limit 50

Up Grading of fish > work out process to stop it

Consultation period of the Inshore fin fish review

Advertising of the meeting> lack of publicly for it #should gone though community notice boards

School Mackerel >bag limit all ready 30 should be reduce back to 10

After reading the document and going to so many meetings it looks like some one has had their own adgenda al along

Regared
Shane Boese

Paul_Dolan
13-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Agenda's can be changed by public views like the ones in the thread on here about bag limits,I hope all those that have commented on that thread have botherd to send in a questionarre or cop it sweet when they make thir decisions.
You ,Me ,Us can make a difference

There is space on the questionarre for your comments!! take the time and tell them what you want. If you never ask you never recieve!!
The lack of submissions for the Marine parks by rec fisherpersons is why we have what we have.
It's up to the fisho's of QLD to change the mindset of the govt, nobody is going to do it for us.
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
The commercial sector work together and the sooner rec fisho's do it the better.

Paul